Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Vewlix 32 inch Copy

ggood82

Hi All 

I have been lurking on these forums for a few months trying to get my head around Hyperspin with varying degrees of success and then more failure however i have put that on the back burner for a while whilst i build my 32 inch vewlix clone provided from Troy at Arcadeworx ( Perth , Australia).

Just a quick background with regards to the machine build is as follows .

I was searching the internet for plans to build a cabinet to house a PC running  Hyperspin and an Xbox 360 running RGH so i can copy all my current games onto it .

Whilst i was doing this i found Arcadeworx and after some searching of their designs i decided to buy it and get the ball rolling .

The price for the cabinet was approx $600 Australian dollars plus $ 100 delivery to Sydney which i had no issue with .

I should have stopped there however i spent another 20 minutes looking through the internet and found a Vewlix machine machine ( 32 inch 2 player ) about 2 hours from me that a guy wanted $700 for , The Machine has a 600 in one jamma board installed which is nice but misses out on all the Mortal kombat games which is extremely dissapointing 

A decision was made that i should buy it and suffer my Wife's drama after , she was actually pretty happy with it once i got it home and even played street fighter 2 for an hour hahaha.

In an ideal world i will build the MDF clone and sell the Vewlix at the end to recoup some costs however my 9 yr old does enjoy playing so i may keep both .

I have put together the arcade cabinet now which took about an hour and i will keep you all updated on the build as it progresses .

thanks all 

post-65913-0-27803600-1434928650_thumb.jpgpost-65913-0-55427000-1434928710_thumb.jpg

Did you say you'd sell the real one and keep the clone when it's done?

I don't understand? Why would you not keep the real machine and build it how you want and just get rid of the kit? Not even build it just re-sell it unbuilt.

I did say that however after thinking about it i am now going to build the copy with an Xbox 360 & Xbox one and possibly just install a PC in the original with Hyperspin etc .

My mind works in strange ways sometimes .

I was going to get rid of the original to recoup some costs but i would like both next to each other when completed so i will go down that route 

thanks

Be interested to see how the clone comes out and what the total cost are, I was tempted to use Arcadeworx for my new build but have a friend with a CNC at his work who is helping me. 

Arcadeworx seems a bit of a rip off really. 

Where did you find the Vewlix machine in Sydney, Ebay.com.au or gumtree? 

Hi ChrisVond.

As i do the works i will document all costs including paaint and what ever i need to buy so i will be able to compare .

To be honest i could have cut the mdf myself however my tolerance and patience would be tested which is never a good thing for anything that can be broken :)

Arcade worx was a bit more expensive but it gave me a clone exactly how i wanted it so it worked for me ,

there is a fair bit of prep work involved to have the clone ready for paint so i will hopefully spend a bit of time this weekend doing sanding & prep work in between keeping my wife and baby happy .

i actually found the vewlix machine on Gumtree as the gentleman who sold it advertised it as a " ViewLix" machine as oppsed to "Vewlix"  so it didnt come up in the search results when others looked for Vewlix . I happened to mispel it when i did a search and ended up with it brand new for $700 .

I have been tossing up the idea of gutting it and putting a PC in it but looking at options to keep all the wiring together for Jamma and piggy back the controls for ipac2 & also xbox .

Too many ideas and not enough time 

Yeah i thought so too . It was brand new with Plastic still on it .

Just uploaded some pictures and am trying to do my best to seal the edges and spray without using the T moulding but if it turns out poorly i will look to strip it back and use the moulding to hide my imperfections however this may not be possible due to the way the MDF edges are 

Once i finish the sanding & prep work i would like to spray it all to a nice gloss finish .

• 4 weeks later...

So i am back and decided to paint the Vewlix copy a combination of Light Blue on the surround & frame, Black control panel & white base , I personally like the look however it is not everones taste .

Overall it came up ok however after doing the painting myself i have come to realise that i am impatient & should have spent more time prepping & sanding as i got impatient & the imperfections in the joins are poor & to me quite obvious so i may look to add a vinyl cover over the control panel to cover it up .

$ 40 dollars in enamel spray cans plus $ 20 dollars in primer got the job sorted .

I have also ordered a couple of PS360+ ( $60 each) plus usb to Rj 45 adapters ( $ 12 each) that will allow me to add the Xbox 360 to the arcade buttons & joysticks .

An old Samsung 32 inch lcd tv was pulled apart and installed , I will lengthen the controls for the tv and install on the side of the unit to make it look better .

Currently i have a Xbox 1 connected & 2 xbox 360's connected , 1 online & the other with RGH installed and all the fighting games such as Street fighter IV, mortal kombat 9 , Marvel vs capcom 3. 

All that is left now is the install of the buttons , Sticks ( need to be routed so they sit flush ) & arranging all the graphics to get printed .

Attached is a couple of photos however i am still tossing up how best to retify the sloppy sanding and control panel , 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DCDE0ADC6B4E0713!3820&authkey=!APag3zC-wYswplA&ithint=folder%2c

• 3 weeks later...

Back again .

i have now added 2.1 logitech speakers and some speaker grills that i have spray painted black .

Just awaiting additional Sanwa buttons , JLF sticks & the Ps360+ which will easily allow me to add the controls & buttons to the xbox's and hopefully the Xbox one also .

For the graphics i found some Avengers posters my son had that were scratched up on the corners that seem to fit perfectly so i am in the process of cutting these out and applying .

Overall the job was very simple but time consuming .

The only thing left is to pull the control panel off and sand the paint back to really smooth it all out and do it 100% as the job on the CP ( painting ) is sub par currently .

This looks great. I'm thinking about getting the same pack from him. How did you go with getting the x-box 1 working?

I'll be making one for Street Fighter 5. I have a PS4 arcade stick and am thinking about how I can put it in the arcade (shouldn't be to hard). But then I'm very confused about how I'll be able to get a hyperspin PC working with two gutted ps4 sticks on the arcade.

Ps.. Come to think of it I have never tried putting this PS4 stick in my PC to see how it works haha... Better go try that now.

Hi there . I finally wired it all up last night and routered out the recess for the arcade sticks.

I bought 2 , ps360+ from in2amusements for $60 each that allows me to wire all joysticks and 8 buttons for a quick usb connect to the Xbox 360s and PS3 . Will try the Xbox one in an hour or so and see if it works ..

I must admit I have left hyper spin out at the moment as it is stressing me with setups hahaha .

Tried out my arcade sticks last night on the 360 with street fighter and mortal kombat and it feels just like it did on the arcades

This looks great. I'm thinking about getting the same pack from him. How did you go with getting the x-box 1 working?

I'll be making one for Street Fighter 5. I have a PS4 arcade stick and am thinking about how I can put it in the arcade (shouldn't be to hard). But then I'm very confused about how I'll be able to get a hyperspin PC working with two gutted ps4 sticks on the arcade.

Ps.. Come to think of it I have never tried putting this PS4 stick in my PC to see how it works haha... Better go try that now.

Doubled checked and it appears that the xbox one will only work if i pad hack the controllers as it doesnt work with the Ps360+.  Wired it all and played a few hours of Street Fighter 4 & MK . the feeling on the machine is perfect now 

Couple of more photos 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DCDE0ADC6B4E0713!4071&authkey=!AOQr37yuyY-BhhI&ithint=folder%2c

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update i aquired a cronus Max plus controller mod for au $80 and now have full functionality with the Sanwa buttons & stick ( Ps360+ pcb ) and the Xbox one which has been giving me nightmares over the last couple of weeks .

The machine is now completed so its now on to the original Vewlix cabinet to pull apart and mod  to my liking . The Jamma board will be removed and replaced with a high end Pc to play all the latest games plus finally trying to finish the hyperspin setup etc 

Happy to share any and all wiring tips if you need a hand 

thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived