Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Pinball Arcade gets Greenlit on Steam!

Gannicus

Hell yeah! How the wait for a proper PC cab version of it begins.

From what I've heard, the wait for a proper PC version isn't going to be too much longer. Kickstarter backers should be receiving more information in the not too distant future.

I'm afraid there is bad news however. The PC version will not be launching with cab support. I read that on the pinarcadefans forum. =(

What's the definition of cab support? If it can at least run in portrait mode on the PC like it does on mobile devices, that's at least a start. That's how people are running the Zen tables and it still looks pretty darn fun.

If cab support means multiple monitors, command line and DMD support, well, did anyone REALLY expect those features right out of the gate?

I said this was vaporware. How does it feel to be used like a cheap w#ore?

Wow, that's a little harsh, don't you think? The product just got greenlit for PC/Steam, and you're already going to bash them for not having cab support day 1? Why would they have spent the time working on such features not knowing if they would ever get approval to publish them? They just finally are getting to leave the starting line, now give them some time to run the race...

What's the definition of cab support? If it can at least run in portrait mode on the PC like it does on mobile devices, that's at least a start. That's how people are running the Zen tables and it still looks pretty darn fun.

If cab support means multiple monitors, command line and DMD support, well, did anyone REALLY expect those features right out of the gate?

Wow, that's a little harsh, don't you think? The product just got greenlit for PC/Steam, and you're already going to bash them for not having cab support day 1? Why would they have spent the time working on such features not knowing if they would ever get approval to publish them? They just finally are getting to leave the starting line, now give them some time to run the race...

I couldn't find where it stated it wouldn't t be releasd without cab support (was 6 months ago they said it wouldn't be.)

I still doubt it will launch with cab support, but I'm sure it will be in the near future. I hope it ships with portrait mode, that will get me by at least!

What's the definition of cab support? If it can at least run in portrait mode on the PC like it does on mobile devices, that's at least a start.

That's precisely what I meant. Landscape only at launch. Given how slow this whole PC version has been going, lord knows if we'll ever get the support we're all looking for.

Posted today by Mike Reitmeyer:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/2287-Beta-of-Pinball-Arcade-for-PC/page3

If I'm reading his post from today correctly, he seems to imply that portrait will be added before launch, just that it's not there at this very moment...

"The PC menu system is still the one we originally shipped on all our platforms a year ago. We need to update the table select menu to the current system. When we do that I can also setup portrait."

EDIT: This post from yesterday also seems to support my comment above... "I don't have portrait working yet. The biggest issue is the UI. I'd have to setup all the portrait screens. Before we can release on Steam we need to redo the main menu to match our mobile and PS3 style, so when we do that we can setup portrait screens."

I think he was just basically saying that portrait won't be available for the kickstarter build, but it sounds like it WILL be there for launch on Steam...

I gotta say though, continuing to buy games I've already bought is starting to wear thin. At least with Steam it should be okay no matter what OS we're running it on, I won't be going with the PC method as I've got an Ubuntu rig, a Win7 rig, a Win8 rig and a Mac running in the same house. Steam is the way to go.

Archived