Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Ok i think I set it all up , but when I hit game list I get nothing?? I noticed in my DX9/tables/resources directory all tables are .Rez files., but int he same folder tehre is a tables directory with .csv extensions? What name is correct? I can not get the games to show up./. and short form names much different thatn database.. is that the issue>?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i think I set it all up , but when I hit game list I get nothing?? I noticed in my DX9/tables/resources directory all tables are .Rez files., but int he same folder tehre is a tables directory with .csv extensions? What name is correct? I can not get the games to show up./. and short form names much different thatn database.. is that the issue>?

What? That sounds like you are looking through the actual files and folders from the games install for some reason. You don't mess with those files at all, they have nothing to do with the database or getting the game to work.

You don't go in there at all except to rename the PinballArcade.exe & PinballArcade11.exe files.

Sounds like you got mixed up on some step of the tutorial, which part are you trying to do?

Ok So I went back and double checked. I had pointed to the wrong rom folder? or do I not do that? The games are now listed under games but all red.  when I click a game Pinball arcade now loads but not into the game. I will double check what I have done but I think i did it correctly. 

Ok So I did some more testing.. in HS.. it loads to Pinball Arcade, hit start and it seems to go to the game I picked.. but within Pinball arcade.. is this correct? or should it boot to the game directly.  I have attached photos of my settings. Also Where do I find all the artwork?

post-4824-0-80518600-1450760041_thumb.png

post-4824-0-10233900-1450760047_thumb.png

post-4824-0-57331000-1450760057_thumb.png

post-4824-0-10080500-1450760066_thumb.png

Ok So I went back and double checked. I had pointed to the wrong rom folder? or do I not do that? The games are now listed under games but all red.  when I click a game Pinball arcade now loads but not into the game. I will double check what I have done but I think i did it correctly. 

I'm not even sure what you mean. None of that sounds correct. None of that is in the tutorial. There is no roms folder at all.

EDIT: Yes the tables will be listed in red in RLUI because there are no roms to match to them. That is normal.

Ok So I did some more testing.. in HS.. it loads to Pinball Arcade, hit start and it seems to go to the game I picked.. but within Pinball arcade.. is this correct? or should it boot to the game directly.  I have attached photos of my settings. Also Where do I find all the artwork?

Yes that sounds like how it is supposed to work.

You pick your table from the wheel in Hyperspin.

It launches The Pinball Arcade and you can see the module navigate through the game menus, pick your table and give you back control to actually start playing that table.

It doesn't launch from Hyperspin straight to the table as Pinball Arcade doesn't support that optoion.

Son of a bitch! I just spent 30 minutes re-typing the entire tutorial to be more clear and this piece of **** website crashed before I could update my edited posts.

Whoever hosts this website really, really sucks. It's like it's running out of someones basement in some 3rd world country. Or the north pole.

So pissed off right now.

So.. although i did not follow the tutorial all that well it works :)

Only thing I can not find is main menu movie, and a theme for the system.

Also just found Pinball FX2 how does it compare? I doubt I can run it as DX 11 wont work on my machine.

So.. although i did not follow the tutorial all that well it works :)

Only thing I can not find is main menu movie, and a theme for the system.

Also just found Pinball FX2 how does it compare? I doubt I can run it as DX 11 wont work on my machine.

Awesome, glad you got it running. Pinball FX2 is also a great game. Instead of re-creations/simulations of real tables they are purely video-gamey tables, but still a lot of fun.

I use one of their TPA trailers from Youtube as my main menu vid. I'll find the link and post it in a minute.

For the wheel art you can find a pack in the download section here, the missing ones I just grab with a quick google image search set to transparent (for example search for Judge Dredd logo search option transparent)

Any mods or anyone else know how to fix this topic so it shows up in a search?

It has plenty of tags, tutorial is in the topic etc... but even searching for it's exact tags it pops up way down the list. And some at the top have nothing at all to do with a Pinball Arcade tutorial.

How in the world does this site choose how it searches and why is it so hard to get relevant search results? Any ideas, tricks, tips, fixes?

EDIT: So if I search within this site it pops up about 7 topics down, below several that aren't even relevant. However if I search from google it is the second one that pops up across the entire damn internet... That's crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pinball Arcade was updated to version 1.46.7 yesterday adding 2 new tables: Fireball (Bally) & El Dorado (Gottlieb)

Tutorial has been updated and I have also updated the module, the database and the My Tables list in the first post.

Farsight also finally fixed their screwed up out-of-alphabetical-order naming for the Black Knight tables so that has also been fixed in the AHK & XML.

To update just replace your old XML & AHK with these, rename your .exe's if you're running the steam DX11 version. And find yourself some wheels for the new tables.

Word.

So I am running into a little program.  Whenever I select a table from the HS wheel it loads to the Main screen it looks like.

Not enough info. It loads to the main screen of Hyperspin or loads to the main Pinball Arcade screen?

What does it do after it loads etc... etc...

Not enough info. It loads to the main screen of Hyperspin or loads to the main Pinball Arcade screen?

What does it do after it loads etc... etc...

Loads to the Main Screen of Pinball Arcade.  Just as if started it standalone.

Updated to your new AHK and seems to start game.  Click start then exits and back to HS.

Loads to the Main Screen of Pinball Arcade.  Just as if started it standalone.

Updated to your new AHK and seems to start game.  Click start then exits and back to HS.

Looks like it clicks start.  Then highlights My Tables and then clicks Exit Game.  I am using version 1.45.6

Loads to the Main Screen of Pinball Arcade. Just as if started it standalone.

Updated to your new AHK and seems to start game. Click start then exits and back to HS.

This can happen if you're DX11 true/false setting is wrong or if you're trying to launch the DX11 version, but didn't rename your exe.

Looks like it clicks start.  Then highlights My Tables and then clicks Exit Game.  I am using version 1.45.6

Ah, it will do that if you don't have your tables set correctly.

Do you have every table or not? If you do then you must check the module setting for All Tables to True.

If you don't own every table then you absolutely cannot have All Tables set to true and must put the tables you do own into the My_Tables section just like the tutorial says (and the module notes)

Then again if you're on version 1.45.6 then you aren't using an official version of the game and it could possibly be something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for creating this.

I was able to get everything running well on the first try.  Then, after I played TOTAN a few times via Steam and then via RL a few more times, all the sound has stopped.  Even when I start the game directly from Steam, sound is off. (My computer's sound system is otherwise working perfectly fine)

Glad you got it working.

Your Vid is private so I can't watch it. Not sure why you're losing sound, but if it also happens outside or RocketLauncher/Hyperspin then they aren't causing it.

It's possible this is a glitch with Pinball Arcade itself so you might check on their forums. Does it only happen with TotAN or aqll tables?

New problem

Steam just update TPA to a new version

Now when I start "Tales of the Arabian Nights" (my only table), the selection mechanism choses "Challenges".  This is located on the left under Previous Seasons.  My tables in on the right just under Season Five.

New problem

Steam just update TPA to a new version

Now when I start "Tales of the Arabian Nights" (my only table), the selection mechanism choses "Challenges".  This is located on the left under Previous Seasons.  My tables in on the right just under Season Five.

Thanks for letting mer know about the update. I totally missed it.

TotAN is your only table? At all? You have it set as your only table under My_Tables in the module, have All Tables set to False and also have TotAN set as your starting table in the module?

TPA Updated today to version 1.47.7 adding the Hurricane table from Williams.

Module/AHK and Database/XML have both been updated and the Tutorial and links have been updated.

Thankfully again they still haven't made their shitty new UI the standard.

Archived