Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin/HyperlaunchHQ not loading joytokey profile on start up

steveweener

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help, I've searched the forums but can't find an answer, so here goes:

Basically my machine is all set up and ready to go. All my Joystick/button presses have been mapped successfully using joytokey and work in Mame as well as browsing through Hyperspin then launching/playing a game, however I have one problem that's holding me up. When I launch Hyperspin, my joytokey profile doesn't automatically load itself. This means I have to manually go into HyperLaunchHQ, click on my joytokey profile then hit 'edit' for it to run the profile, and then start Hyperspin for it to recognize the joysticks/button presses from start up.

I've tried going into HyperHQ and setting the startup program to run joytokey.exe, however this doesn't work. I've followed this guide, and been through it a few times now with no luck:

http://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperspin-controller-setup-with-joytokey-and-gamepad/

Since encountering this problem I've been specifically concentrating on the 'Important for getting it to Launch' section near the end, maybe I've missed something? I wondered if it might have something to do with my Hyperspin route directory being set to Read Only, however when I uncheck Read Only, then check back at the folder properties it's set back to Read Only even though I am administrator....could it be something to do with that? It does seem to be doing something when I uncheck it though....

Any help would be much appreciated so I can get finished :) 

Yeah, using jpeg's will definitely reduce your file size compared to .png. If you're using Photoshop, you can also set the jpeg quality when saving it out, obviously lower the quality the smaller the file size. Also, check the dimensions of your jpeg's aren't too big. I would give that a try :)

• 5 months later...

Figured it out now: Turns out I hadn't configured 'Profile1' correctly for joytokey when it starts up. Feel a bit silly, but happy it's sorted :) Cheers anyway!

Hello, I'm sorry, I have the same issue but don't understand the P1 Profile hint! Can you tell me more please as I struggle to use JoyToKey?

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2015 at 6:25 PM, steveweener said:

Figured it out now: Turns out I hadn't configured 'Profile1' correctly for joytokey when it starts up. Feel a bit silly, but happy it's sorted :) Cheers anyway!

I'm having the exact same issue as this thread...but am not following this tip, what exactly do you need to do?

I can navigate hyperspin fine with my xin mo/buttons & joytokey....until I try to launch a game and then it says it can't find the .ini file. I followed the gameroomsolutions guide and saw where it said to make sure your hyperspin folder wasn't set to read-only; but when I try to uncheck the read only box in properties, it sets itself back to read only even though I'm logged into windows 7 as an administrator.

Sigh. lol

• 1 year later...

I'm having the EXACT same problem as the original poster, and I, too, don't understand the hint about profile 1 not being configured correctly.

J2K is being launched by the startup script and is running, but the default profile is being loaded instead of the HyperSpin profile.

If I go to RL and click edit on the HS profile, then it will work just fine because the HS profile is then opened in a J2K window.

But I can't get it to load automatically.

I, too, have followed the guide and don't see where I'm going wrong here...

Thanks for any help you can offer,

--J

Archived