Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Visual Pinball/Future Pinball BOTH Need to be Standardized.

malarrya

Hi Guys:

Is it possible to get Visual Pinball standardized to 1 naming convention for TABLES, WHEEL ART, VIDEOS, etc? It seems I'm spending hours and hours piecing this thing together scouring through FTP folders. Games in the XML DB are missing from the wheel art, videos are missing for the wheel art, and I even think there may be some crossovers between other pinball systems and VP. I am sure someone out there has this system completely locked down and fully functional. Is it possible to get this system fully operational in HyperSync? Systems like MAME and N64 are so perfect but this one is so bad. I'm not asking for any Tables (I'm a paid member at VPForums), just a naming standard and the artwork available for getting this system done.

Thanks,

Larry

UPDATED --- 

I made a set of about 302 Visual Pinball XML/artwork/videos all named alike and upload it to an EmuMovies folder --  /Upload Here/_Other/malarrya

GET IT NOW!

(NOTE -- contains no pinball games. You can get those free at VPForums).

UPDATE 2 ---

I forgot to mention a few things about this pack:

1. The videos for these games are for the DESKTOP VERSIONS of the pinball games. This means NOT FULLSCREEN tables but 3/4 VIEW tables.

2. THESE ARE FOR VP 9.x.x tables. As I download more tables for myself, I am sure I will come across a few that don't belong in the list I've created. They may be version 8.x.x tables or Future Pinball tables. I will update accordingly.

3. If you download a VP table, you'll need to RENAME it manually to the what the XML DB has. You can use the Rename ROMs tool found here on the forums or COPY from RocketLauncher and PASTE in the filename.

UPDATE3 ---

You can now download the XML, Wheel Images, and Video Snaps (at EmuMovies) for this system. ALL have corresponding names!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I am floundering along getting all the names similar but it's not just the names that are so out of sync... it's the files. By this I mean there's no real set of minted filenames/art/videos. It's all over the place.

I am using this fantastic free program called File Renamer Basic that can edit thousands of names in a matter of seconds, but even with this it's still quite a chore.

I used Oscar re-namer also freeware to rename my files. It took me a day to rename all the files to find out the database only helped me with a few of the ones I have. Then to have to manually run every table for vpinmame another day.  In the end I just chose to let HyperLaunchHQ/Visual Pinball/Emulator/Generate List button, build my library as the database on hyper-list was no help. Now I have all these wonderful running tables with no artwork for the Game wheel and on ESC'ing a game it crashes with a windows error and I can't seem to fix it.  YES I definitely agree there needs major standardization in this System.

attatched is a list of the ones I have seen on the web most are not in the hyperlist xml.

Visual Pinball.txt

Thanks for the reply, faydra!

I am positive someone on the boards has a virtually minted set for VP. I imagine if enough of us ask nicely, the admins may update the HyperSync database.

I don't think we need 1000 tables with 5 different versions of each game. Perhaps, 100-200 of the latest/best/most popular tables for the latest version of VP would be perfectly fine. The naming convention for the videos on EmuMovies is rather long-winded. I like the way your list is set up:

Jurassic Park (Data East) (1993)

There's no need for who programmed the table, what version of VP it works on, or what version table it is.

Let me know how I can help you get rid of the errors you're experiencing. I found a couple tutorials on YouTube that helped me set up mine rather well.

Larry 

Dear 32assassin

Is there any way you could help the community with getting Visual Pinball minted (or as close to that as possible) and up on HyperSync? I see you've created an awesome wheel pack and your demo video on YouTube shows you've got the videos and a database all synced up. I've checked your FTP but the XML DB and the wheel images are not there. The Videos on EmuMovies are quite different in both file name and selection than your wheel pack.  

We'd really appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Larry

I don't think we need 1000 tables with 5 different versions of each game. Perhaps, 100-200 of the latest/best/most popular tables for the latest version of VP would be perfectly fine. The naming convention for the videos on EmuMovies is rather long-winded. I like the way your list is set up:

Yeah. The lack of a standard and the low, poor quality of so many tables is why I recently deleted all of my Pinball systems and tables other than TPA and Zen.

I did find a fix for the error on another thread in the forum it was a simple fix check disable esc in visual pinball application

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it Faydra. Maybe if we pool our resources we can get some sort of standard together. Strange how this pinball system seems to be so popular in Hyperspin  yet so unfinished.

Good news, everyone! I've standardized Virtual Pinball with about 251 games. Cross referencing the available videos with artwork and XML database, I was able to create a very nice set of VP games that's fully functional. I am hoping to get the set to around 300 as the artwork and videos are at that level but the database is not. This means I need to do a bit more refining/renaming of XML items. I used a number of great programs to rename/cherry-pick the data including File Renamer, Beyond Compare, Excel, PL/SQL Developer, Edit Plus, and Oracle tables. With all the available XML tools out there, it's so strange how Excel is actually the best I've used for refining an XML database.File Renamer is truly the best for it's lightning quick ability to rename thousands of files. Beyond Compare is amazing for it's ability to compare directories. PL/SQL Developer allows me to do queries and create new XMLs with tables populated from an imported XML database. Finally, Edit Plus is so awesome for it's find/replace/edit abilities.

I'll have something by the end of the day that folks can download so the Visual Pinball system is ready to play. I won't include the games, however, but the artwork, videos, and database will be put up somewhere.

Larry

OK, I thinks it's finally about done. I have 304 games in the XML database, 304 wheel images, and 302 videos. I couldn't find Haunted Mansion and RUSH 2112. Since we can no longer put files up on the FTP Server I will need to find somewhere else to post the ZIP archive. It's about 1GB. Any suggestions? I don't want to use any of my personal storage sites. Is this something I can upload here?

OK I was able to upload it to an EmuMovies folder --  /Upload Here/_Other/malarrya  -- Get it while it lasts! If you don't have access to EmuMovies' FTP let me know and I will try to find another place like Mega.

Dear 32assassin

Is there any way you could help the community with getting Visual Pinball minted (or as close to that as possible) and up on HyperSync? I see you've created an awesome wheel pack and your demo video on YouTube shows you've got the videos and a database all synced up. I've checked your FTP but the XML DB and the wheel images are not there. The Videos on EmuMovies are quite different in both file name and selection than your wheel pack.  

We'd really appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Larry

I read your PM and I will reply here

I don't know who uploaded or maintains the XML in Hyperlist or HyperSync, and I'm not sure why the XML has not been updated.

The current one looks to be like the one I made back in 2013 with the naming scheme  Table Name (Manufacture) (Year)

I could be wrong,  this could be an XML someone else made.

their has been a Hyperspin ready Visual Pinball in the works, the most current XML has 1400 (unique) plus games

this is the most current XML  with the most current tables

Visual Pinball.xml

the naming scheme is  Table Name (Manufacture)  if their is a table with the same name and and manufacture the name is Table Name (Manufacture, Year)

Someone took my files from the FTP and uploaded them to the download page

the naming scheme already matches the wheel set uploaded here

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7487-visual-pinball-game-wheels-pack/

I tried to update this pack but I don't have access to it,  the most current wheel set has over 1100 wheels.  all the high quality tables now have decent or high quality wheels.

most of the missing wheels are for low quality tables you might not want or for Original tables.

The Videos on EmuMovies are quite different in both file name and selection than your wheel pack

the problem with Visual Pinball ( I think its a good problem)  is that tables are constantly being updated with better quality tables

I released a new version of Superman (Atari) on July-19-2015

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11197

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

this is the previous version;   released on 2009. this table might of looked good in 2009 but by today's standards its very poor quality and play.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

my point to this is

if you download your tables via a torrent you probably have low quality tables released many years ago,  and their might be a better versions released after your torrent was uploaded.

the most up to date torrent can be found in PD and it was released on September-2014.  this means that its missing any updated or  new table released within the past 11 months

I downloaded the emumovies screen captures.

http://emumovies.com/forums/files/file/939-visual-pinball-game-snaps/

this pack was made and uploaded on 2011.  I had to delete the entire pack since most of the screen captures did not match any of my tables

I can' pretty much tell you that the majority of stuff you find on emumovies is for older probably lower quality tables,

EVERY VIDEO OR SNAP SHOT NEEDS TO BE REMADE!!!!!!.

if you are willing to make emumovies quality videos for the most current tables.

(preferably 1080 captures for full screen themes and front ends)

I can send you parts of the Hyperspin ready tables pack.

I would like to have 1080 full screen videos for all the high quality tables  and screen captures for all the low quality tables.

Thanks for replying 32assassin. I took what was available from the artwork, videos, and xml and synced up what I could. This came to just over 300 items. The artwork may not be the best it could be but since I'm using desktop tables in VP on an arcade machine, it works great. I only use the latest VP 9 tables from vpforums because they are the best at this point. 300 tables is awesome for me... especially The Beatles. I spent hours editing these files so I hope people enjoy it until something better comes along.

BTW, your Superman table is stunning!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Just in case people were not aware:

I made a set of about 302 Visual Pinball XML/artwork/videos all named alike and upload it to an EmuMovies folder --  /Upload Here/_Other/malarrya

GET IT NOW!

(NOTE -- contains no pinball games. You can get those free at VPForums).

BTW, if this is something that's allowable to upload here on the Hyperspin-FE forums someone (an admin) please let me know. It's a ZIP file just under 1 GB.

Enjoy!

Larry

I believe it's allowed but someone has to approve the file. Also the upload page has a size limit and u should break things out as xml, wheel, x artwork in separate zip files. Please put the videos on emumovies once they are approved. Someone like jsinn must approve of the media before u upload them. Pm him for more details but he will find u if u create a new thread under the media forum and announce the artwork asking for critiques

(Tapatalk)

I forgot to mention a few things about this pack:

1. The videos for these games are for the DESKTOP VERSIONS of the pinball games. This means NOT FULLSCREEN tables but 3/4 VIEW tables.

2. THESE ARE FOR VP 9.x.x tables. As I download more tables for myself, I am sure I will come across a few that don't belong in the list I've created. They may be version 8.x.x tables or Future Pinball tables. I will update accordingly.

3. If you download a VP table, you'll need to RENAME it manually to the what the XML DB has. You can use the Rename ROMs tool found here on the forums or COPY from RocketLauncher and PASTE in the filename.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it's allowed but someone has to approve the file. Also the upload page has a size limit and u should break things out as xml, wheel, x artwork in separate zip files. Please put the videos on emumovies once they are approved. Someone like jsinn must approve of the media before u upload them. Pm him for more details but he will find u if u create a new thread under the media forum and announce the artwork asking for critiques

(Tapatalk)

Ninja, my Visual Pinball system is complete (as far as I'm concerned). I may add a few more tables eventually but I've hit most of the important ones. I just need to make maybe 3 or 4 videos. I'm really like Action but for 3 or 4 videos I am not ready to buy. So my questions are these:

1. I'd like to submit my database/media pack to be used on HyperSync.  Do the admins of HyperSync need to be contacted for this or do they choose what to put on whenever they have time?

2. Do you have something to make gameplay videos with? I am not asking for your software, just wondering if you do and if you're interested in making the 4 I'm missing?

3. If you still need help with putting your system together, I'd be happy to assist. PM me for more info.

baddeolv if you happen to read this, I'd like to help donate with a compact (~300) but prudent sampling of VP media for use on HyperSync.

Baddie approves to hypersync and only the best of the best sort of thing. Everyone is welcome to upload information to the site however once a media person approves of the work. Once you get the approval, you can post to the upload page once you get feedback from everyone. I think jsinn is one of the few that does this. I think folks use EzVid to record. I have my own set up already but had no idea new tables came out. I want to take a look at ur stuff. May update :-)

Tapatalk signature

Looking for letter makers. Volunteer

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/10813-project-assignments/

To see what hyperspin still needs...

http://hyperbase.hyperspin-fe.com/

Baddie approves to hypersync and only the best of the best sort of thing. Everyone is welcome to upload information to the site however once a media person approves of the work. Once you get the approval, you can post to the upload page once you get feedback from everyone. I think jsinn is one of the few that does this. I think folks use EzVid to record. I have my own set up already but had no idea new tables came out. I want to take a look at ur stuff. May update :-)

Ninja, I've tried several times to upload the corresponding video pack to EmuMovies just to have it end in error with a message about file cannot be found. I'm attempting to upload a 4-part RAR that totals about 900MB (290MB each) but apparently there is some sort of restriction that keeps cancelling my upload. If you need to videos that match the artwork and database you can get them in the EmuMovies folder /Upload Here/_Other/malarrya

In the meantime, I'll keep trying. Maybe it's the 4-part RAR they don't like. BTW, thanks for the awesome lettering and pointer! :)

Archived