Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Windows 10?

FrankyRizzo

Junky. I do have the HyperHQ crash but as I said in post #14 I'll just edit the INI if I ever need to, it's not something I do very often.

I've tried so far and they work

Mame

WinUAE

WinVice

Fusion

Also

Dolphin

EMU7800 for Atari 7800

Spectaculator

Sega Model 2

Sega Model  3

RetroArch 1.2

Null DC

SSF

Demul 0.58 seems to have issue with the Dx11 plugin so I had to use DX10 until I find a fix or maybe Demul 0.7 fixes it?

SSF for Saturn, DT Lite issues at the moment so I may need to install a newer version as it wants to install an SPTD driver which never works.

Retroarch should be fine and anything still being developed, but my RA setup needs fixing.

That's it at the moment apart from TTX which I know some games won't work anymore but I'm not bothered

Edit. I now have SSF working. Installed DTLite 10 (the free one) and also the 64bit SPTD driver. Pointed RLUI to DTAgent.exe and all OK, I also tried Magic Engine because that normally has trouble but it ran both PC Engine and PC Engine CD.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demul 0.58 seems to have issue with the Dx11 plugin so I had to use DX10 until I find a fix or maybe Demul 0.7 fixes it?

SSF for Saturn, DT Lite issues at the moment so I may need to install a newer version as it wants to install an SPTD driver which never works.

Retroarch should be fine and anything still being developed, but my RA setup needs fixing.

DEmul 0.7 works fine with Windows 10. RetroArch as well. 

The only issue I've had so far is the HHQ crash, which as we've agreed isn't the end of the world.

The emulators I'm using are:

MAMEUIFX 0.164 (x64)

DEmul 0.7

NullDC 1.0.4

RetroArch (Jul 19, 2015 build) w/ Mednafen, Gambatte, BNES_balanced, Genesis Plus GX, and Nestopia cores

I'm using Win10 for a while now. I installed it fresh (update Win7, find key with ProduKey, install Win10 clean).

I have no problems, except for Higan not running in OpenGL mode on my GTX 770. I can run it on my laptop with the GT 325M. I hope I can fix this, because you need OpenGL for the shaders :(

Any suggestions?

BTW, I just found out you can easily manage your settings through GodMode in Win10. Just create a new folder and name it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Now you can adjust your settings all in one window :)

Oh, and if you like your privacy, check this: http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

So if I'm reading this right upgrading to Win 10 will cause HyperHQ to break, .

Other than that it all works perfectly?

Nope regarding the above statement, just one tiny aspect of HyperHQ which you may or may not use. Adding the Rom path can cause it to crash but you can add said path to the systemname.ini

Not a hyperspin issue, necessarily, but I've had the following two issues with my build since updating last night.

1.) Project 64 gives BSOD upon launching a game. (fixed by switching the .exe to windows 7 compatability) Also, I got the BSOD while fiddling with the controls setting. Also, it refuses to fullscreen, it just upsizes the window and hides the mouse.

2.) WinKawaks refuses to give me a proper fullscreen. Switches my Display to a 4:3 ratio and just upsizes the window.

No problems found with the following Emus I've tested thus far ( I only switched over last night )
Nestopia
Fusion

VBA-M

4DO

EPSXE (sp?)

If anyone wants to inform me I'm using poor emulators, please do lol some of the more 'fringe' systems I'm not super familiar with yet.

I went back to Windows 7 the other night. Windows 10 is too buggy still and until at least SP2 comes out I will stick to 7.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, no trouble except that HyperSpin runs slow and laggy (frontend).

Hmmm... Anyone else having issues with Win 10? I need to decide if I'm upgrading now for free or later for $100+, but I certainly don't want slower performance than Win7 64.

And how did you "Stick to 7" after upgrading? There's a way to go back?

Hmmm... Anyone else having issues with Win 10? I need to decide if I'm upgrading now for free or later for $100+, but I certainly don't want slower performance than Win7 64.

And how did you "Stick to 7" after upgrading? There's a way to go back?

There are option to "go back" to Windows 7 and Windows 8 in Windows 10. I just did a fresh install because I do not trust Microsoft enough to clean up all the left over files from Windows 10. Plus a fresh install of Windows 7 takes like 15 minutes. Everything has been running flawlessly again and I feel like an idiot for upgrading. No other Microsoft OS since XP has worked as good as 7.

Related but not HS related. 

Just had a ball ache with homegroup probably because I upgraded instead of clean install. I could not change the password or join using the password.

The solution was to delete the PeerNetworking folder on all systems. It's located at  c:\ Windows\ServiceProfiles\ LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking. You then shut down all systems on the network and reboot the main one.

Once the main one has rebooted just recreate the homegroup with a new password and then fire the other up and join it.

Here's another nugget, utorrent.

All of a sudden UT is not downloading anything so I changed ports etc and tried installing the saved version I had which works with PD. After clicking the exe nothing happens, I then try to run it as admin and get this.

post-2819-0-47862900-1441963784_thumb.jp

Blocked!! WTF

So after a little search I find there is a version that is not blocked and I am able to install it and now the premature ejaculation self help instructional video is now downloading. "Something for the weekend Sir?"

Here is the version that works if you need it.

BTW I Have Transmission seeding on my NAS and that is fine, probably because it's not connected to Windows 10.

Here's another nugget, utorrent.

All of a sudden UT is not downloading anything so I changed ports etc and tried installing the saved version I had which works with PD. After clicking the exe nothing happens, I then try to run it as admin and get this.

attachicon.gifImage 1.jpg

Blocked!! WTF

So after a little search I find there is a version that is not blocked and I am able to install it and now the premature ejaculation self help instructional video is now downloading. "Something for the weekend Sir?"

Here is the version that works if you need it.

BTW I Have Transmission seeding on my NAS and that is fine, probably because it's not connected to Windows 10.

Utorrent is bad its done you a favour, its riddled with adware, spyware & has been known to install bitcoin miner onto your PC.

Older version of utorrent as in v1-2 or deluge.

Granted some will no longer work but personally I could live without a few. So which games aren't working? I have set up a bunch recently while testing newoski's clean launch and most work ok. I have done clean installs for most and the likes of Raiden IV are OK.

Archived