Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Windows 10?

FrankyRizzo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junky. I do have the HyperHQ crash but as I said in post #14 I'll just edit the INI if I ever need to, it's not something I do very often.

I've tried so far and they work

Mame

WinUAE

WinVice

Fusion

Also

Dolphin

EMU7800 for Atari 7800

Spectaculator

Sega Model 2

Sega Model  3

RetroArch 1.2

Null DC

SSF

Demul 0.58 seems to have issue with the Dx11 plugin so I had to use DX10 until I find a fix or maybe Demul 0.7 fixes it?

SSF for Saturn, DT Lite issues at the moment so I may need to install a newer version as it wants to install an SPTD driver which never works.

Retroarch should be fine and anything still being developed, but my RA setup needs fixing.

That's it at the moment apart from TTX which I know some games won't work anymore but I'm not bothered

Edit. I now have SSF working. Installed DTLite 10 (the free one) and also the 64bit SPTD driver. Pointed RLUI to DTAgent.exe and all OK, I also tried Magic Engine because that normally has trouble but it ran both PC Engine and PC Engine CD.

Been trying/failing all day to get SSF to work :(

I'm using my windows 7 in the arcade and free update of windows 10 in my pc. win win!

but windows 10 don't like Hyperspin runs slow! hyper theme very buggy almost wants to crash. so i will stick to win 7 all you need!. look at it this way what are you going to do with that left over windows 7 dvd!

Finally made the Win 10 upgrade on my cab and spent a few hours dialing it in (Had to with Killer Instinct coming soon and Win 10 only).

It's running like a champ HS runs like butter, the issues I had with the taskbar sliver showing are now fixed, running a script to delay HS startup so Steam is no longer stealing focus, TUR volume controller is working better than with win 7. Made all my exemptions in Windows Defender so no lag issues with HS or RL. I got the logon screen customized.

So far so good!

HyperHQ shuts down no matter what compatability mode I run it under when setting the ROM path.  With that said, I did manage to set the path quickly one time and it has taken.  However, when I launch Hyperspin, I typically can only launch a few MAME games before I can't lauch any more.   I can scroll throught the MAME wheel, artwork and videos play fine, just can't launch more then a few games before it won't launch any lonter.  I "assume" this may be because the HyperHQ is buggy for me???  Fresh Install  W10 64bit.  Any ideas?

.  I "assume" this may be because the HyperHQ is buggy for me???  Fresh Install  W10 64bit.  Any ideas?

HyperHQ will have nothing to do with HyperSpin once it's running and it's purely a GUI for making adjustments or easing the setup process. All it does when you make changes is it writes those changes to the relevant ini, you could set up HyperSpin by adjusting INI files and not use HyperHQ at all.

Like milea213 said, sounds like you need to set an exclusion for HyperSpin in Windows Defender.

I have my hyperspin running on windows 10 as we speak. I have about 10 consoles working right now including Mame, NES, SNES, Sega, GBA. Lynx, Dreamcast, PS1, and Sega Saturn, as well as a nintendo power magazine wheel with sodapdf. 

I did have to use other emulators to work around retroarch, For some reason it just would not work on my system so I had to find other emulators but it is working smoothly other than that.

Hyperhq is a little buggy when editing custom paths but as long as I make them short and to the point in the root folder I can get them working before it freezes.

Emulators I have working : Bizhawk, Mameuifx, Jnes, NullDC, Winkawaks, Snes9x, and SodaPdf.    

HyperHQ will have nothing to do with HyperSpin once it's running and it's purely a GUI for making adjustments or easing the setup process. All it does when you make changes is it writes those changes to the relevant ini, you could set up HyperSpin by adjusting INI files and not use HyperHQ at all.

Like milea213 said, sounds like you need to set an exclusion for HyperSpin in Windows Defender.

Thanks for the clarification on HyperHQ not having an influence once Hyperspin is launched. 

I added the Hyperspin folder as an exclusion to Windows Defender, but still had the issue.  So I went back and added the specific Hyperspin.exe as a file exclusion and restarted W10 and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks guys.. this was driving me crazy.  I had Hyperspin working on another computer to try it out before I started on this new system build ( dedicated MAME cabinet still to be constructed ), and didn't have any issues.  But I also have Kaspersky Internet Security on the other computer as my default Anti Virus instead of Windows Defender, so didn't run into the problem I experiecned on this build.

Ooops... spoke to soon.  I launched quite a few games, more than normally, without any issues.  Added another game rom, updated the mame files, wheels, media, etc.. launched my new game once, played, exited to launch another, and it wouldn't.  Ugh...

I rebooted, went back into Hyperspin, launched and played one game, and then couldn't launch again.

Rebooted, turned off Windows Defender totally, launched hyperpspin, same issues after launching one game. 

I also added Hyperspin.exe to the Processes Exclusion List which is supposed to exclude any file associated with it as well.. but still same issue. 

Of note... I set hyperspin to launch in 800 x 600 resolution recently so I could monitor some processes in my task window as I launched and exited the games, and have launched about 30 games without any issues.  Something I'll be looking in to further to see why that is???

Still having a few glitches in not being able to launch games sometimes after a few have been played.  I've managed to track down what seems to be causing it though.  When the problem occurs and with HyperSpin still running, I ctrl-alt-del into task manager and kill the HyperLaunch proces.  I go back into HyperSpin Gui, and my games launch fine.  This at least keeps me from having to do a computer restart to clear the issue.

This problem occurs with Windows Defended completely disabled.  Also added an Atari 2600 emulator and a game, and it won't launch as well when the "glitch" happens.  Was just making sure it wasn't an isolated issue with MAME.

Danxmanly. That is not a Windows 10 issue and is quite common or was. Nothing will launch if HyperLaunch or RocketLauncher doesn't close properly.

You sound like you're using an old version, so maybe consider an update. Also, are you using an exit emulator key or key combo which you set up in HyperLaunch HQ?

I'm not at my MAME pc as I'm writing this.. but everything had been updated to latest and greatest.  As to how I exit the program, it's just the default setting using the escape key on my keyboard as I haven't built my console yet.  Just got all the buttons, trackball, and joysticks in yesterday... will be building a test panel over the weekend to see how I want to layout things. 

I'll dive back into it tomorow and double ck all my versions are updated to the latest and greatest.  But 99.9% I'm good there. ;-)

Thanks for chiming in... slowly but surely figuring this out.  The MAME version I had tried out on my desktop PC is still working flawlessly.  It's just on this new MAME system where it's glitchy.  Same W10 64b os and all... but I am using the integrated graphics on my core i5 in the MAME system vs a dedicated graphics card in the desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

I fresh installed windows 10 a week or so ago and 2008 and 2010 c++ won't install so some emulators wont open. I am going to re install another version in a couple minutes to see if that fixes it.

Edit: I was running Windows 10 enterprise as the default system admin. I reinstalled with Windows pro using a regular user account set as admin. C++ 2008 and 2010 installed fine this time.

my issue is Fusion dosnt work now and n46project wont show video . are yours working fine now

I was able to edit the ini file to get my videos correct (for Atari Classics).

Newbie question here...how do I organize my wheel.  I don't like the order of systems right now.  How can I change that in HyperHQ?  I don't see an option to move systems up or down.  Is there an ini file for this? 

I use RocketLauncher just fine.  I'd like my wheel to be in the same order as the list in rocketlauncher

Great, that worked :)

Now I can group them in chronological order by release date, or perhaps by other criteria like 'times played' or 'favorite'.

I don't play much in hyperspin itself, I mostly use rocketlauncher/hyperlaunchhq as my main place for playing games.

But it is nice to have things just right on the wheel.

• 1 month later...

I have a Databases folder in Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher/RocketlauncherUI...what is that for?

There's an Systems.xml file in there that's blank (it just has a header and that's it), and it doesn't seem to be impacting anything.

That's for if you want to use RLUI as the frontend and don't have HyperSpin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does everything just work straight after you upgrade or is there some re-installing to do? I'm thinking stuff like xpadder and emulators. Also, is there anything I should do before upgrading to 10? Moving Hyperspin folder or anything?

Yeah everything works fine - I'm not experiencing any OS related problems with any of the 170 systems I have setup.

Really would consider doing a clean install of Windows 10 though. Don't get me wrong, the upgrade will work just fine. But major OS updates like this should really be installed fresh.

Either way - make sure you backup everything, HyperSpin, RocketLauncher - whatever you have on the main drive. And if you have other drives connected, internally or externally - disconnect those before upgrading (clean or otherwise) to make sure they are protected.

In short, backup!

(Did you do that backup yet?!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded after backing up but I'm having real problems. Aside from the non-HS problem of the graphics hard (just an old GT 610) not working properly through the HDMI, I'm having trouble with VBA, Fusion (with some Genesis games), Project 64 starting windowed and ePSXe resolution problems.

I'm guessing part of the problem is Windows 10 compatibility with the graphics card. The only way to get HDMI to work is by hooking up a second monitor. I'd guess that might be causing emulator problems of its own. I'm going to decide to upgrade the graphics or roll back to Windows 7 since everything worked perfectly well before.

Archived