Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Windows 10?

FrankyRizzo

I talked shit on Windows 10 a while back after there was no support for installing C++ 2008 and 2010. I am back on Windows 10 and installed some service updates they released. Everything is running smoothly and I am quite impressed with Windows 10 now that I have given it a second chance. All of my emulators are working just as good as they were on Windows 7. 

Just an update incase anyone is still on the fence. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Related but not HS related.

Just had a ball ache with homegroup probably because I upgraded instead of clean install. I could not change the password or join using the password.

The solution was to delete the PeerNetworking folder on all systems. It's located at c:\ Windows\ServiceProfiles\ LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking. You then shut down all systems on the network and reboot the main one.

Once the main one has rebooted just recreate the homegroup with a new password and then fire the other up and join it.

This is very useful bit of information. My home group has been messed up for months now!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hola a todos!! 

Me presento soy de argentina y uso el cambio de idioma del explorador para poder entenderlos.

Despues de 5 dias de trabajo eh configurado HyperSpin 1.4 en Windows 10 1511 ultima actualizacion sin tener que modificar nada en el sistema.

Unico Error HyperHQ.exe se cierra cuando quiere , ejecuta nuevamente y a Disfrutar!!

Gracias a todos muy bueno esto!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having no issues on Windows 10 other than HyperHQ crashing as others have noticed. I've tried every compatibility setting and it crashes anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds after choosing paths. I'm not that quick. lol

Is an update planned?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

HyperSpin is runs fine on my Win10 but I can't config it because I don't have HyperHQ in my install. I downloaded the 1MAME rom pack and apps from an ISO based forum but it didn't include HyperHQ despite the readme's instructions on how to config it. Should I try to upgrade my current 1MAME dir or perform a full official install and move the HyperHQ.exe to my 1MAME dir.

@Snoozing

All the correct files are available from our downloads section, you are taking a risk downloading software from a none official site and it certainly WILL NOT be supported here.

You could always ask at the site you got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Run HyperHQ as administrator and / or set the compatibility mode to Windows 7.

Both fixed the HyperHQ crashing issue on my Windows 10 PC.   (it would crash when selecting a ROM directory - I don't use HyperLaunch / Rocketlauncher...)

A thank you is in order so...

THANK YOU!

Well i was setting up something simple as setting the rom path for the wheelsettings for the sega genesis and it made the HYPERHQ.EXE stop working...

Now it is fixed , so did i already say THANK YOU? 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed any difference between Windows 10 Home 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit?

Also, I am just getting ready to dive in and start setting up a stand up cab with HyperSpin. As I am brand new to all of this, should I have my graphics card before setting all of this up, or can I just use the onboard graphics for now and set up the graphics card later?

Has anyone noticed any difference between Windows 10 Home 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit?

Also, I am just getting ready to dive in and start setting up a stand up cab with HyperSpin. As I am brand new to all of this, should I have my graphics card before setting all of this up, or can I just use the onboard graphics for now and set up the graphics card later?

There are massive differences between Home and Professional editions of Windows. Get Pro if you can.

As for graphics - you will be ok to start with onboard and add a card later for more involved emulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest, what features does Pro have that would be of use in a cab?

One in particular is the ability to set the 'Custom User Interface' group policy.  This allows for the selection of a different interface for Windows other than desktop (explorer.exe).  Meaning that you have Windows load HyperSpin, Kodi or any other similar program on boot instead of explorer.exe. 

Good point. Come to think if it, Pro gives you more control over Windows Updates, so that's another consideration.

It does indeed - especially if you wanna get into deep customisation.  Pro gives you access to many more policies in group policy.

There are massive differences between Home and Professional editions of Windows. Get Pro if you can.

As for graphics - you will be ok to start with onboard and add a card later for more involved emulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One in particular is the ability to set the 'Custom User Interface' group policy.  This allows for the selection of a different interface for Windows other than desktop (explorer.exe).  Meaning that you have Windows load HyperSpin, Kodi or any other similar program on boot instead of explorer.exe.

Good point. Come to think if it, Pro gives you more control over Windows Updates, so that's another consideration.

Thank you for the feedback! The system I ordered has home on it, but I do have a copy of pro that I will do a fresh install once it arrives.

Thank you for the feedback! The system I ordered has home on it, but I do have a copy of pro that I will do a fresh install once it arrives.

Would it be the case that you can just put in a new serial number to get Pro instead of a reinstall? Unless what your getting is full of Bloat.

If I ever find a solution to building a cab, I was hoping to use XP.

Would it be the case that you can just put in a new serial number to get Pro instead of a reinstall? Unless what your getting is full of Bloat.

I don't think so, but I was planning to wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install anyway so that I can control what gets installed.

Yeah I'm with Metalzoic here on this one, why?

I installed XP on a virtual machine a couple of weeks ago and it was compromised within two hours after it finished the last updates for media center. It's not worth it Mr.G

Archived