Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

And so it begins....:)

danwelsh

Hi people. So I figured I'd start this thread and add to it as I progress. I just ordered all my buttons, joysticks, and trackball for my build. I will be using my gaming rig computer for this build as I figured I may as well go big or stay home.....lol guess I'll be spending alot of time staying home when this is complete :). The pc I'm using has 8 gb ddr3 ram, an d fx6300 cpu, sapphire r7 260x 2gb ddr5 video card, 500watt PS, and a gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 mobo, I'll be using a 22inch LCD. And of course Hyperspin for my front end. I will be buying the mdf Tuesday as I'm going to an AC/DC concert this weekend :). I do have a concern though.....can 1/2 inch mdf be used instead of 3/4 as long as its braced well on the inside?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoops typo....and fx6300

Just an FYI, there's an edit button on any post you make lol.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about MDF board. ( Rather than arcade cabinets I go for Console-Looking small PCs )

I look forward to seeing your creativity come to life though, a good build is a sight to behold.

I will be buying the mdf Tuesday as I'm going to an AC/DC concert this weekend :).

Life is good.  I'd love to see them again but they bypassed Cleveland.  : (

Ima be doing what you are doing by the end of the year, hopefully.  Keep us posted.  And pics or it didn't happen!

Im sure a lot of people use MDF but I prefer 3/4" plywood! Its a little lighter and takes screws, biscuits and glue a lot better. The MDF will split if you don't predrill the holes before using screws!! The only time I use MDF is for the control panel! I typically use 24 buttons. 6 buttons for each player, 2 for the left and right mouse buttons, 5 menu buttons, 2 coin buttons, 2 for one player or two player selection and 1 button to power on the arcade of course!!!  Good luck to you!!!

thanks madhatter. I was thinking about it and I have left over buttons that are fairly large which I was using for other purposes so I'll have enough. I'm really leaning towards plywood as what I've read its wayyy better to work with.... but that depends how much the pay cheque is this week ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well I got the control panel top cutout. ledgers on as I want as few screws as possible showing....if any at all. I have the parts of the cabinet that would be tmoulding routed instead to save a few bucks....Pics tomorrow as I'm at work tonight

Archived