Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to Layout Your Arcade Graphics with Free Photoshop

ouguitarman

Did a video on how to do graphics for your arcade...  Below is the video contents if you want to skip to a specific point.  Hopefully it will help some of you in your HyperSpin en devour.  

Thanks

In this video we will show you how to use the free version of Adobe CS2 to layout graphics for your arcade machine.  We show how to get quality graphics from the web.  Then do basic editing like fading two pictures together, doing layouts, text, magic wand, layers, and much more.  At the end of this you should be able to create something eye catching and functional even if you are not a graphic artist.

Video contents
00:00 Intro
00:50 Get Photoshop CS2 For free
01:43 How to get high quality pictures
02:52 Arcade layouts in photoshop and layers
04:09 Laying graphics on Arcade
06:47 Using magic wand to cut out characters or other graphics
08:23 Add Text to your Design, with custom font, coloring, and stroke effects
10:37 Fading pictures together
14:14 Put button labels on your control panel buttons
17:33 Conclusion

Strictly speaking it's not free. It was made available to allow existing CS2 licence holders to keep using it after the licence server was switched off. However, that won't stop me from giving it a go if I can ever find enough time to devote to it! ;) Not sure if it works with 64 bit Win7 and up?

I've not watched the video yet as I'm at work, but I take it there's no pen tool in CS2? That's sort of a mandatory requirement around these parts as I understand it.

Archived