Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin Cloud Saves

SkyHighGam3r

I couldn't find any information about this, but I found it hard to believe I am the first to bring this up.

I'm not very familiar with PC cloud services, my only experience with the cloud is Xbox/Playstation game saves, and Microsoft One Note.

However, I was thinking that there has to be a way in which we could background sync the savefiles from a desktop hyperspin build, over to a laptop hyperspin build.

That way we'd be able to pickup right where we left off when we are out on the go.

I have the OneDrive with Windows 10, but I'm not familiar with it at all. Has anyone else setup this kind of save-file synchronization yet? How would someone even go about doing such a thing...

I am pretty sure this is somewhat of a feature hyperbase is supposed to have. The ability to sync your setup across multiple locations

It's not so much the setup I'm looking to synchronize, but the savegames/states.

For instance, I play a lot of GBA Castlevania on my laptop during breaks at work, but I love to play on my big-screen at home. I usually have to transfer the savestates from my laptop via usb to the right folder on my desktop to continue my game.

Or, there are times when I forget to bring my savefile with me to work, and then I'm screwed for the next 9 hours.

But if there's a way to make my laptop and desktop automatically sync the savestates for GBA to the cloud, all of this is no longer a problem.

In fact it is very easy to do and I've done it for my HS setup and a friend's so we share PSX memory cards and other saves.

1. Use Dropbox or GDrive, but Dropbox syncs better and faster.

2. Create a folder called "Saves" in your dropbox, then another one called, for instance, PSX

3. Take your PSX memory cards and put them in that folder

4. Delete the saves directory of your emulator where the memory cards were stored. They are on dropbox right now.

5. Open a command line (cmd.exe) and go to your emulator's directory, and then type :

mklink /D D:\myemulators\psx\saves C:\users\<your_windows_user>\Dropbox\saves\PSX

There now should be a saves directory inside your emulator's directory, and when you click on it, ta-da! it shows the memory cards. Whenever your emulator saves something, it will sync to dropbox and replicate itself on all the computers with the same dropbox account.

Of course, change the paths in the command line however you see fit. It actually works with a lot of emulators, you can also use this to sync MAME savestates, etc etc.

Archived