Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Adding more emulators to Hyperspin

jcort154

So I stated to set up Hyperspin and have about 6 emulators running. But how do you add emulators to hyperspin on Android? I saw a youtube video on hows it done on Windows but dont know what to do for Android. Has anyone done this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPd0Zow8cI4

Check out simplyaustin's videos. They are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn't gonna do anything for adding to an Android setup.

Your right, my apologies. I read the first post wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried adding Atari 2600 by duplicating the other necessary files I have for another emu and then editing them to suit the 2600. The Atari 2600 wheel doesnt show though. I dont know if it can be done this way or do you have to do it on a PC with Dons tools and then edit the necessary files.

In order to add a new wheel called "SYSTEM", you need to do a few things:

1.  Add new entry for SYSTEM in 'Main Menu.xml' in /Databases/Main Menu/ folder

2.  Add rom/game SYSTEM.xml file in /Databases/SYSTEM/ folder

3.  Add media files in /Media/SYSTEM

4.  Add new SYSTEM.ini in /Settings (or /Settings_Android) that defines emulator launch parameters, rom paths/ext, and wheel filters

5.  Ensure roms path matches those defined in SYSTEM.ini

Oh, Ok. Then I dont know how I got it working. Now my next issue. I want to use the 2600.emu by Robert Broglia. I cant stop the game with retoarch/Stella emu from within Hyperspin on the Nvidia shield TV. 2600.emu seems to do this better. How do you set the path to the emu? Is there a file tree you can follow on Android OS by looking with ES file explorer?

• 3 months later...

Archived