Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Xbox One PC adapter?

boomerps2

Has anybody tested this out yet. Love the controller and was wondering if anybody has ran into compatibility issues. Thanks.

I have been using 4 Xbox One controllers for my setup (plugging in via USB) and they work great for every emulator. Windows recognizes them right away and within a minute they are ready to go. I also like how the first controller you plug in is controller 1. With PS3 controllers you have to remember which controller was controller 1. If you plug in controller 2 the emulator won't work because it will think nothing is in controller 1's port. 

Also, I got 2 new for $50 on eBay and 2 used for like $35 like new condition. Worth it. 

How is that elite d-pad?  does it feel like it can replace the good old nintendo d-pads?

I love the satellite dish looking faceted d-pad it has. I've always liked the Sega Saturn/Genesis six button style 8-way d-pad and it's kinda like that, but metal and has clicky feedback. Rolling your thumb on it to do quarter and half circles works well. And it takes little force to actuate, so it doesn't fatigue my thumb like the Wii U Pro controller's d-pad. The cross d-pad it comes with is also pretty good if you prefer that, but I found it was quite a bit harder on my thumb. I think the faceted one is easier to press because the sides flare up in a way that gives you more leverage.

I like the underside paddles a lot too. I mapped the bottom right to A and top right to X and find myself using those as my jump and attack buttons in platformers. They're so responsive I prefer them to the face buttons most of the time. There's nothing wrong with those though; they're the same as on most controllers (rubber membrane buttons). The clicky bumpers are nice and responsive as well, and the triggers are really solid and pull really smoothly. The included nine foot braided USB cord is super nice too.

I do have a slightly annoying defect with my sticks. They make a "clicky" noise sometimes. This doesn't affect how smooth they feel or cause erratic control (no stick drift yet either), so it's not that big a deal. I don't even hear it if I'm using headphones or have my speakers loud enough. And the sound actually goes away after playing for a bit. From what I've read, this is a common defect with Xbox One controllers. It's a problem worth mentioning considering the price.

It's quickly become my favorite controller. I was going to get the Steam controller originally, but from what I've read the bumpers, trackpad clicks and grip buttons are stiff, so I went for the Elite. I'd still like to try it some day.

I use mine wired, so I can't say.

I'm considering one too - from what I've read the controller just presents itself the same as a 360 as far as emulators etc are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the Xbox One controller does or does not work on Windows 7 with the wireless dongle?

It's works with the Xbox One PC Wireless Adapter, yeah.

So the Xbox One controller does or does not work on Windows 7 with the wireless dongle?

No, the Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows only works with Windows 10. If you want to use the Xbox One controller with Windows 7 then you need to use it wired.

No, the Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows only works with Windows 10. If you want to use the Xbox One controller with Windows 7 then you need to use it wired.

The drivers should work fine on 7 surely?

The drivers should work fine on 7 surely?

The adapter is only for Window 10 and they say the XBOne controller can only be used with Windows 7 via USB cable.

Even the box has Windows 10 on it and the Amazon comments say Windows 10 only.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-Windows-One/dp/B00ZQW91DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449563736&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+xbox+windows

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/windows-10-wireless-adapter

I think this one is to update the firmware via USB cable

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

EDIT: Here is some more info 

PC compatibility

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is only compatible with Windows 10 devices. If you do not have a Windows 10 device, you can either upgrade your older version of Windows or use the Xbox 360 Adapter, which is compatible with Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7.

You can also use an Xbox One controller with any version of Windows 7 or later by connecting it with a USB cable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got an Xbox One wireless controller and the PC Wireless Adapter.

I can confirm that this setup works flawlessly with HS, RL and emulators. In short, if you had 360 pad up previously - switching to the Xbox One controller needs no extra setup. Works with existing joytokey profiles - including the new guide button, which can be mapped via joytokey button 13.

Really lovely pad and a great setup - love it!

Got an Xbox One wireless controller and the PC Wireless Adapter.

I can confirm that this setup works flawlessly with HS, RL and emulators. In short, if you had 360 pad up previously - switching to the Xbox One controller needs no extra setup. Works with existing joytokey profiles - including the new guide button, which can be mapped via joytokey button 13.

Really lovely pad and a great setup - love it!

Are you running Windows 7?

Are you running Windows 7?

Windows 10. Microsoft have confirmed Windows 7 drivers for this though so shouldn't be a problem.

Archived