Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dolphin support!

reznnate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I finally got it running. I downloaded the 1.4 stable and configured the game pad. Then went into config file and moved my 3 files.before I forgot ini file. Then I uninstalled the app and installed nightly. Went into config files and copied over my 3 files from stable build and now controller works

Which is the best version of dolphin to download? Also, has anybody tried any wii ware games to see if they are working? I am trying several ones (nightly builds) and cannot install any of them, all i get is app not installed :( Any ideas?

you have to uninstall old version before you can download new one

I did eventually get the WiiMote to work using the DolphinBar on the Shield, so the kids/wife can use their Wii motes on the family hyperspin machine.Hey Rez, nice to meet you.Are you able to launch right into a Wii game from Hyperspin or to the select a game screen on Dolphin ?

Which nightly are you using with the Dolphin bar??? And have you found any issues??? Thinking of getting one, so just wanted to know if it's worth getting :)

I did eventually get the WiiMote to work using the DolphinBar on the Shield, so the kids/wife can use their Wii motes on the family hyperspin machine.

Hey Rez, nice to meet you.

Are you able to launch right into a Wii game from Hyperspin or to the select a game screen on Dolphin ?

Would love to see a video of this!  Please post something!

Which nightly are you using with the Dolphin bar??? And have you found any issues??? Thinking of getting one, so just wanted to know if it's worth getting :)

Hey Sorry, been troubleshooting my SNES core and havent been using the Dolphin one much.

I am running Dolphin 4.0-8886

I do not know how to record on the shield, I suppose I could record on my phone tomorrow night after I get the kids to bed.

You have to run the Dolphin bar in mode-4 which is WiiMote emulation which works great in dolphin, but then you have to change the mode on the bar to mode 1 to use a WiiMote as a normal joymote.

I ended up buying 2 SNES Pro controllers and 2 Zero controllers from 8BitDo and have been pretty happy with them over the WiiMotes. Only b/c I have to change modes when they want to play Wii and then back again if they want to pick a differenct console.

Kinda kills the speed and ease of Hyperspin and why I am installing this for easy family entertianment.

Are using tablet or Android TV? Holding home button brings up share menu.

I am using Android TV and really new to it, what is the share menu ?

Do the 8bitdo controllers have G-sensors???

Not sure, but they do have Wii Emulation Mode

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/

Built-in FLASH.

Firmware upgradeable for

function expansion in the future.

Firmware upgradeable for function expansion in the future.

The powerful CPU can emulate other controller, such as Wii, RetroN5 etc.

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/Extend-firmware.html

Hold the home button down and it'll give you the option to screen record and share. G-sensors are if you move the controller around without pressing any buttons, and the emulator register's the movement, like if you were playing Mario kart and you can use a Wiimote as a steering wheel.

Hold the home button down and it'll give you the option to screen record and share. G-sensors are if you move the controller around without pressing any buttons, and the emulator register's the movement, like if you were playing Mario kart and you can use a Wiimote as a steering wheel.

how are you even playing dolphin. It is at 2fps

I havent downloaded the new firmware for the SNES Pro controllers to test Wii Emulation and G-Sensors but will do that next.

In the mean time if the kiddos want to play we then they can just pick the Wii game and grab their WiiMotes that work with the Dolphinbar.

Here is a quick video demonstrating the WiiMote working on Dolphin with Dolphinbar on Nvidia Shield Tv.

how are you even playing dolphin. It is at 2fps

Played Super Mario for a bit with the kids lastnight and wanted to increase the FPS, I searched this morning and found this video.

I think there is some good info in here for us using the Shield TV

"Seems to be related to a combination between dolphin version and android 6 . Version 4.0-8766 emulates fast on android 5.1 and 6.0, but 4.0-8886 is only fast on 5.1. On 6.0 is really slow. Something changed between 4.0-8766 and 4.0-8886 that is incompatible with Android 6.0 only. Which version are you using? "

http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tv/general/dolphin-wii-gamecube-emulator-t3134032/page9

" eg If someone wants to test a jitarm64 performance optimization: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3629 - build is available here: https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-3629-dolphin-latest.apk

Feel free to post some performance data here "

ok well, I dont know what the F changed or happened but now i'm at 10-15 fps and games are unplayable.

I just played lastnight and made that video I was around 40-45 fps.

I tried upgrading to the newest build but same issues with FPS.

edit: ok thats odd, I let the Shield TV just sit at the Menu Screen on Mario while I typed the previous post and by the time I was done the FPS shot up to 50-55.

If I restart Mario it is back to 7-13 fps, after a couple minutes then the fps go up.

It seems the video I watched with suggested settings had Skip EFB Access from CPU on and Ignore Format Changes. I unchecked these and now I can run CPU at 120% at 1080p on the latest Dolphin build.

ok well, I dont know what the F changed or happened but now i'm at 10-15 fps and games are unplayable.I just played lastnight and made that video I was around 40-45 fps.I tried upgrading to the newest build but same issues with FPS.edit: ok thats odd, I let the Shield TV just sit at the Menu Screen on Mario while I typed the previous post and by the time I was done the FPS shot up to 50-55.If I restart Mario it is back to 7-13 fps, after a couple minutes then the fps go up.It seems the video I watched with suggested settings had Skip EFB Access from CPU on and Ignore Format Changes. I unchecked these and now I can run CPU at 120% at 1080p on the latest Dolphin build.

Is Mario still running slow when you start it??? I'm experiencing the same problem, I just thought I'd messed with something in the settings.

Archived