Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Securing tempered or plexi glass

studmuff

For plexi covering a control panel I've previously just drilled holes for the buttons (using the actual MDF CP as a template with them clamped together). Then once the buttons are fitted and tightened I found that more than sufficient to hold everything in place.

The tempered glass to go in front of my screen I cut a channel at the top and bottom of my cabinet and when I assemble it the bottom piece is removable so I slide it in at the top then slide it in the bottom channel and secure the bottom piece!! For my control panel I use a t-molding with a lip on the top and bottom plus the buttons help hold it down. The only down side is you have to have the exact thickness of your control panel including plexiglass for the t-molding to work!!! This is what I use http://www.t-molding.com/13-16in-lip-black-t-molding.html  I believe it only comes in black and white for now!!!

On mine the glass fits in a channel along the bottom edge and then just leans back into the frame and it's weight holds it in place. Then I have an black aluminum outer frame that goes on top to integrate it into the cab. Never needed anything more than that.

Archived