Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin and upgrade from Windwos 7 to Windows 10: can I have problems?

legolas119

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Do you know if Hyperspin will continue to work correctly with the new O.S.?

And do you know if there are emulators that don't work correctly in Windows 10?

If I might have problems, I continue to use Windows 7...

Thank you!

Its a really fun game. The brilliance of it is that one with no experience can play it directly on a decent level but even if you play two months you can even get better. The gameplay is very simple but yet very deep.

I just posted a new topoc if someone can explain how to get demul working. Seems like you can :)

I switched to 10, had trouble with games taking too long to launch.  I didn't have much time to spend figuring it out so I switched back to 7.

Possibly could have been Windows 10 defender virus checking your stuff (or quarantining bits of it). Makes everything chug. When switching to Win 10 make sure to exempt all your Hyperspin & RocketLauncher files/folders/roms from Windows Defender (or your anti-virus)

Yeah. Same with mine, but I also run PC games so I needed to be up to date for the new Win 10 only games like Killer Instinct (Can't remember if SFV requires Win 10).

For me Windows 10 has actually run my cabinet better and smoother than 7 did.

is there an issue when using the tiles interface?

I've never tried the tiles option.

I just run it with a normal desktop completely blank, no desktop icons or taskbar, with a wallpaper matching my arcade machines marquee.

During boot I changed out the windows login screen for a black, blank screen. My login Avatar is the Pac-Man character from my marquee.

Switched my mouse pointer out for pac-man characters.

Overall it doesn't really look much like a PC booting up except for the initial blue on black windows logo that I haven't found a way to remove or replace yet.

I just upgraded from 7 to Window 10 a couple of hours ago. Right now I'm doing all the preliminary installs (Office, Steam, Adobe Ps/In/Il/Fl/etc) before I get into Rocket Launcher and HyperSpin. I'll report back and let you know what ends up happening :thumbsup:. Tried launching a game from RL and turns out it wants me to have .NET Framework 2.0 installed so that's problem numero uno for me.

Also, had to change my JoyToKey startup directory in HyperHQ because all the drive letters shifted.

Archived