Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great start. Different themes to what I use and I have a retro TV ad on the main menu BUT I love seeing all the different ways people show their collections off. I've done a cheeky little video so you can compare :)

We can play some of the games BUT as you know we can't bind one of the CD32 gamepad buttons to the controller...I forget which one it is now, Blue maybe. "Amiberry 2.0" has supposed to have improved custom controls, I look forward to testing it out once an apk is made available.

17 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Can someone drop me a working cd32 .uae file please? For launching cue/iso image not whdload

It keeps booting to bios for me :(

Quickly loosing faith in my amiga abilities lol

There is an amiga cd32 for akira iso game that work perfectly

Akira.uae

• 3 weeks later...

Hono has some stuff going on at home that needs his attention.

It will be a while before this Amiga stuff is ready. We talking few months realistically 

I may do temp setup guide for UAE4arm next couple of weeks. I habe not decided.

Maybe get yourself setup and pick just a handfull of games to have something to play. I will get out some uae files to help you

Ok great I don't have loads of games anyway just the ones I own.  But I'm happy to wait as there's other systems to setup.  I just read the whole thread & then saw everything just stopped & Hono has taken down his vids which were explaining things.

So just wanted to keep the thread going.

38 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Hono has some stuff going on at home that needs his attention.

Thanks buddy. To clarify...I haven't just taken down the Amiga videos, I have closed the Youtube channel down. Yes, I have more important things to contend with at home. I do not have the time to maintain the channel or create content. Nor the patience to put up with comments mocking my accent or demanding download links, so people can have my setup (which would never happen as it violates Hyperspin rules). I will NOT revive the channel or be making any more videos...I know they did help out quite a few people and I am grateful to those who liked them and gave positive feedback.

39 minutes ago, StevieMac said:

So just wanted to keep the thread going.

This thread is essentially DEAD! Thatman has already started a new thread for Amiberry, which he will no doubt flesh out, once we actually have an Android port for it. As he said it could well be many months before we get the port. Even when we do have it, there might still be issues that need resolving to make it more "friendly" working with frontends. We've made these issues known to the devs, we'll just have to hope  they can address them.

52 minutes ago, StevieMac said:

Hono has taken down his vids which were explaining things.

Most of what I know and have learned I have passed on to Thatman. He  has to decide how he wants to proceed, which is difficult to do until we know if the Launch intent issues will be addressed. Rest assured he and Ransom do converse frequently and are working away to get this done to help everyone in time.

I can't stress enough the insane amount of work Ransom has put into this for his love of the Amiga (the man is a machine!). Thatman does some really good guides and these are also time consuming and awkward to do...I have faith he will do a very good job continuing this in the new Amiberry Amiga thread.

DUDE!?   What the heck happened?   I hope all is well with family, health, etc.  

I'm disappointed you won't be involved with final, perfect Amiga Hyperspin setup too.   I'm sure it will happen eventually, although it will certainly take longer without your support.

I hope it's not simply 'trolls' that pissed you off.    It's really disheartening to see your unabashed, positive enthusiasm end like this.   I'm sad right now.    :unhappy:

Edit:  I see thatman84 mentioned stuff at home.   Take care.  Once sorted, come back.  This system is 30yrs old, we can wait a little longer...

16 minutes ago, reznnate said:

DUDE!?   What the heck happened?   I hope all is well with family, health, etc.  

I'm disappointed you won't be involved with final, perfect Amiga Hyperspin setup too.   I'm sure it will happen eventually, although it will certainly take longer without your support.

I hope it's not simply 'trolls' that pissed you off.    It's really disheartening to see your unabashed, positive enthusiasm end like this.   I'm sad right now.    :unhappy:

Thanks Rezz. There's an awful lot going on and it's not something I really want to openly discuss on a public forum. It's not just "trolls", I've just had to re-evaluate my priorities. I do still chat with Thatman and Ransom from time to time. I'm equally sad that I can't do more to help them both (Ransom with his RPI project & Thatman with the HS stuff), I feel a little guilty they are taking on so much of the work alone.

I was actually most impressed at your generous offer to help out Midwan with Amiberry on Android. I can tell you that bspinner has taken up the android port as of last week, you might want to make the same offer to him. I'll link the github page so you people can see how he is progressing.

Thanks again dude.

https://github.com/bspinner/amiberry-android

21 hours ago, StevieMac said:

Ok thanks for the updates guys.

Sorry for the probs Hono hope it all works out for the best.

Thank you. As far as the videos go, I had very few subscribers (under 50) and not much of an audience judging by the views (most videos never even had close to 100). Kind of expected for such a niche topic, although had there been more interest...I may have left them online. As I said, I won't be doing any more now.

If you have other systems you want done, I'd suggest that would be a good way to spend your time. Yes Thatman could do a  "basic guide" for UAE4ARM and it is actually closely related to Amiberry, so much of it would carry over. Although personally I'd rather he enjoy the Amiga games whilst we have this quiet spell. He has plenty to do once the Android port becomes available.

If you really want the Amiga done as you only have a few games. Ideally you need to find Ransom's Amiga collection for the RPI (I can't link you to it), to get the HDF versions of the games. You can create uae files easily enough in the UAE4ARM GUI. You won't need to worry about the WHD Bootloader, just mount the HDF game in the virtual drive, save the uae BUT you'll want to rename it so it matches to the Hyperspin database exactly. You point the Hyperspin Amiga.ini file to where these files are and of course use uae as the file extension for roms.

Sounds like you already have some experience with the Amiga so you should already have the kickstart files for the Amiga computers. All the best with it.

I don't mind setting things up and playing I'm still a bit patchy so it's good practise.

i added a couple of bits to the WIP guide.

I know Hono is no fan of the boot loader method but I will still keep it going and help those guys out by testing to improve their work. A huge amount of time is put into that side and they help me get games running on my 2nd leg of the Amiga project. Better than the Lyndqvist 1st leg but not as good as the Ransom 3rd and final leg lol

Has Horace made changes to the Bootloader? Does he plan to?

Ransom explained why it's flawed, IMHO testing those games with it is a waste of time, unless the Bootloader is "improved" . HDF just works, I'm thankful Ransom is taking the time doing those conversions (and he tests them) so I don't have to (using Damien D's guide).

I'm not against having the WHDload games, I use them for Workbench as you can't load the HDF games in that environment. As I have explained, the Bootloader I use in Workbench is better than the Ultimate Amiga one (done by Horace). I understand you'd rather do something rather than nothing, whilst you wait on the port. I'd humbly suggest you learn how to do a Workbench install and get the Bootloader working with it. Real Amiga fans will really appreciate having that option and a guide how to do it. I'll have a gander at what's been added to the WIP guide when I have some free time.

Once the Android port is available, I'll have this done pretty rapid. Midwan has said up to 6 months, hopefully Bspinner will cut that ETA down a great deal. I'm hoping things in my world will have calmed down to a degree by then.

All the best with it

Yeah i know your thoughts on it. I'm happy to give it some time but may check his plans before hands.

Workbench can wait for Amiberry. 

Options are always good mate.

Dont worry as soon as the HDF situation is completed it will get my full attention but doing all the config stuff twice seems even more pointless.

All this has focused my mind on fleshing out the Amiga guide covering all the terms and knowledge based stuff. ECS/AGA WHDLoad amiga forever kickstarts. Those things need covering well so if you get time please critique my statements on that when you have time.

Rest assured there is a lot of work im doing at my end to finalize a huge amount of preconfigured games in HDF format before the release Amiberry on Android. I want to have everything complete so the transition is quick & smooth.

Currently I have 3,100 HDFs in total I have manually made each one. Testing them one at a time and making sure these work 100%

Must say I have expert help by people behind the scenes from eab. 1. DamienD teaching me how a HDF is converted from whdloafld. And of course 2. RetroPlay. Without his help it would of been impossible to create some problematic HDFs that would crash or give weird errors. After all.. All the HDFs are sourced from ............. latest Whdload set. So bravo to these gents. Being persistant and very helpfull along the way.

Games like Pinball Prelude would only load table 1. I have made a menu that launches and allows you to select either of the 3 tables. Impossible to do without a menu. I have quite a few games like this ie. Populous & Data Disks etc etc. Allowing you to select what you want to loaf from launching the HDF.

Looks like I have anywhere from 2 to 4 hundred HDFs remaining my guess. 

@thatman when you have HDF games i suggest making configs for them. Simple A1200 quickstart configs should be enough. Any other problematic games will require a600 quickstart. Worst case scenario I will have working configs for them all on my Raspberry Pi. 

Thats enough from me. See you guys soon.

Well I got all my website stuff done and played around with a new idea for a bit.

THEN the Amiga addiction kicked back in.

With the absence of @Honosuseri YT channel I thought I would pay a little respect to the work he has done.. Sorry Hono I am short on time so this is not a great video by any means just a bit of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 11:19 PM, thatman84 said:

Well I got all my website stuff done and played around with a new idea for a bit.

THEN the Amiga addiction kicked back in.

With the absence of @Honosuseri YT channel I thought I would pay a little respect to the work he has done.. Sorry Hono I am short on time so this is not a great video by any means just a bit of fun.

I was half expecting a voice over with an impression of my accent ;)

Great to see "my setup" being used. I know much of it will be abandoned as you move forward BUT it's nice to think it's helped you guys out some. Seeing Workbench is a must for real Amiga fans and having it load from Hyperspin was something I always wanted from the get go.

All the best with it guys. Respect to Ransom for his efforts and crediting all the other guys who work so hard behind the scenes. The wait for Amiberry has been long and is hard to bear but it will be worth it once Midwan and Bspinner get it ported over to us Android users.

Much luv x

• 2 weeks later...

managed to make some time to mess with Amiga themes. Just a few edits to existing ones.

Not sure  what i will go with as I like the green one but also like the red one from Hono's collection. I have not made any of this just made some theme xml edits and swf-png edits

Default Amiga-Red BG.zip
MM Amiga Green BG-Silver Logo.zip
MM Amiga Red BG-Silver Logo.zip
MM Amiga-Blue BG.zip
MM Amiga-Console BG.zip
MM Amiga-Green BG-Black Logo.zip

Hyperspin_20180318_200440.pngHyperspin_20180318_200628.pngHyperspin_20180318_200725.pngHyperspin_20180318_200055.pngHyperspin_20180318_200114.pngHyperspin_20180318_200428.png

Archived