Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

Good you are progressing. As its been a while I started to build a new setup for uae4arm from scratch. 1st stop was amiga forever plus pack..got to test those kicks out as there was comments that they dont work with uae4arm which would suck but needs confirming.

Also refreshed my memory on the config maker using python aswell. I think that project could still be valid. The more people that submit uae file changes to Horaceandthespider (Dom Creswell) the better that resource will become. He did add some android paths switching and there is ability to run it with custom paths afaik.

Not yet moved everything over to the shield as transfering the existing data to laptop for backup errored out. Run out of internet handles!

Hopefully i will get that sorted and then reinstall uae4arm and start fesh. Will be a while until im loading games again though.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pouteur said:

Hi guys.

Is there sombody who Can give me a uae file for Amiga cd32 that i Can use as an exemple for making my own uae file or  maybe à tutorial who explain how to emulate Amiga cd32 on Shield tv ?

Hopefully this helps you out...couldn't find one so made one up quickly. The .uae is attached to this post Pouteur.

ikpluskarate.uae

So someone successfully launched cd32 from the wheel finally?....i still haven't started on cd32 yet...currently changing my game plan and going thru each wheel 1by1 making sure everything is good....currently working on super famicom and that project will take about a week 2 complete...basically making 3d boxart for the games to fill up empty space on the right of the default theme....after that I am getting motivated to start back up on amiga

33 minutes ago, Pouteur said:

I just made a wheel for CD32 to test it. The .uae files load and play fine in the emulator BUT not when I try launching them from the HyperSpin wheel. Odd, as it's basically the same method which is working for my Amiga 500/1200 Wheel. Launch intent has only recently been added so perhaps it needs more work? I am a "beta tester" for the uae4arm app so I should have the latest version. 

The CD32 only had about 10 games exclusive to it. I think I'll just make .uae files for those games, so I can load them to play. I need to finish making all the .uae files for my Amiga wheel, hopefully as the emulator matures I can use the CD32 .uae files with HyperSpin.

All the best

1 minute ago, Pouteur said:

Ok did you add the cue and bin  extension on your amiga cd32.ini for hyperspin, cause if you don't  games won't start from your wheel

No I didn't only the .uae. I thought HyperSpin only needs to see the .uae files, so it can load uae4arm with the preset we want for a particular game. I've added cue and bin now to the .ini, it makes no difference as I thought...uae4arm doesn't load the preset.

Hopefully you can now at least emulate the system. Hopefully we can get these .uae files launched in the near future via HyperSpin.

Ok, how do you change the path for system roms on uae4arm cause when i click on ... only folder i get are blankdisks, conf, data, savestates, screenshot, can't get storage/emulated/0/hyperspin/roms/amiga-data/ks-roms

Edit, it's ok know just made a new installation of the apk

14 hours ago, Pouteur said:

Ok, how do you change the path for system roms on uae4arm cause when i click on ... only folder i get are blankdisks, conf, data, savestates, screenshot, can't get storage/emulated/0/hyperspin/roms/amiga-data/ks-roms

Edit, it's ok know just made a new installation of the apk

Sounds like you needed to press a button as the emulator loaded to change device configuration. You needed to set the data installation location (I use SDcard Storage).

Managed to get the CD32 games running in HyperSpin now. Will gradually add more when I have some spare time.

57 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Sounds like you needed to press a button as the emulator loaded to change device configuration. You needed to set the data installation location (I use SDcard Storage).

Managed to get the CD32 games running in HyperSpin now. Will gradually add more when I have some spare time.

Nice work, what was it in the end?

The final hurdle is CDTV :)

10 hours ago, thatman84 said:

The final hurdle is CDTV :)

I'll see what I have in my library. I recall having some CDTV games as WHDload, they will need testing with that Bootloader. Purists are going to want to use CD images I suppose. If I have any CDTV images I'll see if they play nice with the CD32 Kickstart.  The CDTV was based on the A500 the CD32 the A1200, I think some of the CD games played on either system. 

I'll do my best to get "the trinity" working, then go back to fleshing out the three wheels with games when I have more time.

27 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I'll see what I have in my library. I recall having some CDTV games as WHDload, they will need testing with that Bootloader. Purists are going to want to use CD images I suppose. If I have any CDTV images I'll see if they play nice with the CD32 Kickstart.  The CDTV was based on the A500 the CD32 the A1200, I think some of the CD games played on either system. 

I'll do my best to get "the trinity" working, then go back to fleshing out the three wheels with games when I have more time.

No rush I have been dipping in and out of Amiga for months. It's actually the only system I have interest in messing around with. Really glad you have put some more info out.

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

No rush I have been dipping in and out of Amiga for months. It's actually the only system I have interest in messing around with.

Well I've tried a couple of the CDTV WHDload games I have and they are working with the Bootloader. I do have some CD images so I'll test those next.

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Really glad you have put some more info out.

Yeah no worries, It seems to have spurred a few people to revisit the Amiga for their setups.

The config maker looks great, I'm assuming it names the .uae after the WHDload game folder by default. I think they are renaming these folders (& so the .uae) to help online scrapers pickup what the game is. That's great but the .uae files won't match our database (& artwork) plus their WHDload collection is lacking to what I have...so I've resorted to doing things the hardway/manually.

I'm getting overly tired so am starting to make silly mistakes...I do need a break. It's great to see people interested in the Amiga systems though :) 

Sounds like solid reasoning. They also cut out all countries in their set also.

i know we can't talk roms but my goal is not only get a noce Amiga set on my shield but to override the way for someone later down the road. I am aiming to put a solid guide together step by step, with database and artwork released here. but it seems it all needs to revolve around a romset. The current PC based sets are no good so the UA one seems the best option.

otherwise it could still be unachievable for beginners to setup properly

14 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Sounds like solid reasoning. They also cut out all countries in their set also.

i know we can't talk roms but my goal is not only get a noce Amiga set on my shield but to override the way for someone later down the road. I am aiming to put a solid guide together step by step, with database and artwork released here. but it seems it all needs to revolve around a romset. The current PC based sets are no good so the UA one seems the best option.

otherwise it could still be unachievable for beginners to setup properly

That would be very helpful. We definitely should settle on a folder structure "standard" so a .uae set can be shared to help out others. If the "game romset" UA uses is ever changing that doesn't really help us. We don't need to scrape online for artwork we have our own already...which wants to be named the same as the Database. We will no doubt end up with a custom.xml which will be for our HyperSpin Android Amiga .uae & artwork collection

So we need a "static game romset" we can say is highly compatible. I'm not suggesting we share it or link to it but we can name it surely? Plenty of people talk about "no-intro", "Tosec" etc etc. I think you're correct in that the traditional PC WHDload zip files are "no good", as I struggled using them with the UA Bootloader once extracted (in Workbench). I had another WHDload collection which is .lha instead of .zip which I extracted in windows...I had good results after testing a few (these were those CDTV games) with the Bootloader method.

Considering the emulator itself is still in beta for us to do all this...I think we are doing well so far. Exciting stuff ahead no doubt :)

Agreed let's see if we can work that out in this thread then maybe make a clean thread with reference to this one when the plan is sorted.

I guess rompath and kickstart path

controls

games folders (I like the retropie setup) 

Games_WHDLoad etc

then it's the naming and renaming to figure out once a reference romset/naming convention is decided 

also who do I talk to about the beta app. Mine doesn't have the QuickStart menu option

Basic info on kickstarts from the guides.

Im unsure if any other kicks are uesable by the UAE4arm emulator, cant find any documentation

And renamed as required by emulator (MD5 Check WinMD5Free v1.20 from www.winmd5.com)

Kickstart v1.2 rev 33.180 (1986)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000)
=
kick12.rom

MD5 = 85ad74194e87c08904327de1a9443b7a
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)
=
kick13.rom

MD5 = 82a21c1890cae844b3df741f2762d48d
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.68 (1993)(Commodore)(A1200)
=
kick31.rom

MD5 = 646773759326fbac3b2311fd8c8793ee
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.60 (1993)(Commodore)(CD32)
=
cd32kick31.rom

MD5 = 5f8924d013dd57a89cf349f4cdedc6b1
-------------------------------------------------------------

CD32 Extended-ROM rev 40.60 (1993)(Commodore)(CD32)
=
cd32ext.rom

MDS = bb72565701b1b6faece07d68ea5da639
---------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Also who do I talk to about the beta app. Mine doesn't have the QuickStart menu option

My version is from the Play Store but I'm signed up as a beta tester. Can't remember how I signed up now, it was a similar process to when I signed up to Kodi. I'm sure you'll figure it out with our friend Google. That Quickstart feature was very recently added, saw it when I made those videos for you all. It only shows floppy drives to mount but you can mount folders or a CD image through the other menu options.

I tried some CDTV images (Turrican and something else) they don't boot. They don't list support for CDTV so I'm not complaining, any game shared with the consoles would be covered by CD32 anway I presume.

C'est mon plaisir! Tres bien mon ami

You provided lots of help much earlier in the thread for Amiga via Retroarch. Although I never used your "assets" (as I wanted to use UAE4ARM), I was happy to assist you (& others) so we can get to the ultimate goal.

All the best Pouteur

I got the beta app now. Still having a hell of a time understanding how to get this sorted simply though!

Also getting zero time on the shield aa its the main TV. Wifey is hogging it lately.

@Honosuseri did you have any ideas on a reference romset for config naming? My 1st step would be to create a spreadsheet for tracking tested games

I understand with 2000+ games its going to be a long standing project

Archived