Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Luvarim

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

49 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I got the beta app now. Still having a hell of a time understanding how to get this sorted simply though!

Also getting zero time on the shield aa its the main TV. Wifey is hogging it lately.

@Honosuseri did you have any ideas on a reference romset for config naming? My 1st step would be to create a spreadsheet for tracking tested games

I understand with 2000+ games its going to be a long standing project

Mate, if your Wife is using the box... you are WINNING ;) If she enjoys using it there's no need to "justify" the purchase...meeeybe get another one :P

Short answer....no I haven't.
Long answer...

I've not touched it since testing the CDTV. I had a friend drop his RPI 3 (Arcade/media centre) off over the weekend, did it a year ago and needs updating. David Marti has done great work with his Motion Blue (HyperPie) project. He's translated the Hyperspin database files so it's dead easy to port HyperSpin assets across. I'd have liked to have done more with the Amiga so I could have reused those "assets" for the Pi as well.

I don't think Amiga will be too bad to be honest, I'm keeping it as one wheel (Mr. Sanchez has split his ECS/AGA). We'll need some adjustments to the .xml for a few games to launch and obviously rename their artwork accordingly. CD32 will be a bitch as the whole .xml looks like it needs to be redone and the artwork. As you know the emulator can't launch if the name has special characters (that includes "space"!).

I'm multitasking best I can ;) I need this RPI 3 out the way and I have a guitar across my knee, trying to get "Nightcrawler" by Judas Priest ingrained in my muscle memory before Halloween....then I'll return to the Shield and try out some WHDload packs :)

EDIT for P.S

My main "concern" is that the emulator is still in Beta to use launch intent. I'd prefer to continue once it's out of Beta in case they make any significant advances, rendering all our extra efforts pointless. HyperSpin isn't the only Frontend on Android so I'd hope launch intent is up there on the list of stuff for them to work on.

Is there a difference from the version we got a while back ?...i am already able to launch Amiga games but haven't started on cd32 as of yet...still working on super famicom with 200 boxes to go out of 560....making art is excruciating...smh

As far as naming it ain't too bad...lolz....when I 1st started on amiga I literally renamed all my Amiga roms after unzipping them....took about a week to complete ..lmao....but the good thing was that the names all had things like ecs,aga,cd32,cdtv, and prototypes in it....that made separating them really easy as all I had 2 do was search for esc then cut and paste all roms with ecs in the name......i then made a batch script for uae files with about 200 lines in the batch give or take...that made it possible for me to make over 2000 uae files in 5 minutes.....that left me with time to concentrate on fixing wheels and art but then I stopped and moved on to doing other projects....i need to try 2 find all my files because I recently reformatted my laptop and didn't back anything up...hopefully I kept records and copies of everything on one of my drives....i have a few drives for storage between me and my wife so I'm hoping 1 of them has at least my batch script for uae files....the unzipping and renaming is the hardest part not too bad

4 minutes ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Is there a difference from the version we got a while back ?...i am already able to launch Amiga games but haven't started on cd32 as of yet...still working on super famicom with 200 boxes to go out of 560....making art is excruciating...smh

Honestly I didn't follow what you guys were doing too closely. You're using Retroarch correct? As much as I love RA, cores can and do mysteriously disappear from the build bot. I have been using UAE4ARM for a while now and dedicated emulators have their place...I admit Retroarch powers much of my HyperSpin collection though.

I know some people were making .hdf files for the games then making the .uae to launch it. From what I understand the Ultimate Amiga WHDload collection is being renamed here and there. We can release a .uae collection BUT some of those files would need editing down the line if the WHDload folder names alter. Ideally we want a "game rom set" that will be left alone...

I was using a WHDload zip set (don't ask me what one) but we need the folders not zips to load. I noticed the ultimate Amiga WHDload collection was short a few games I had in "my" original collection. Thatman and I are just spit balling ideas and hoping we can find a set to recommend once he works on an Amiga guide.

I'm using uae4arm....ecs and aga both launch for me...when I 1st started i used the whdload games....but my set was an older version ...i never checked to see what improvements if any between my old set and the newer set.. the reason why I kept my older set was because I liked the artwork better ...the boxart was thicker and i think taller than the updated set which seemed a bit more narrow...i could have probably batched the resize of the newer set but I honestly didn't want to do the whole unzipping and renaming of whdload folders again...lol

All cool...it will get there eventually. I dont expect folder names to change much with UA, think I asked that question over there.

I did notice that a recent commit to UAE4Arm added some extra compression support but didnt recognise the format. Maybe .lha will get added :)

1 hour ago, sanchezmike01 said:

I'm using uae4arm....ecs and aga both launch for me...when I 1st started i used the whdload games....but my set was an older version ...i never checked to see what improvements if any between my old set and the newer set.. the reason why I kept my older set was because I liked the artwork better ...the boxart was thicker and i think taller than the updated set which seemed a bit more narrow...i could have probably batched the resize of the newer set but I honestly didn't want to do the whole unzipping and renaming of whdload folders again...lol

Yes I feel your pain Mike. I lied to you though..I do have Super Famicom artwork. I had forgotten because I hate it...looks like a cube not a game box. The last lot of resizing I did was for cartridge artwork so it would "slot" into the console for the system theme.

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

All cool...it will get there eventually. I dont expect folder names to change much with UA, think I asked that question over there.

I did notice that a recent commit to UAE4Arm added some extra compression support but didnt recognise the format. Maybe .lha will get added :)

I would think CD32 is the next logical call. Fewer games and the CD images are definitely not changing. We just need to rename database and artwork for the .uae files, POuteur seems to be doing well. For Amiga, WHDload will NOT cover all the games though, some are .adf like "Rorke's Drift" (think Zulu with Michael Caine) off the top of my head. I don't know the limit for floppy drives we can mount (the GUI allows 3 I think), some games were on a stupid number of floppies, hopefully most of those are WHDloaded.

It's great they are working away on the emulator, seeing compression support is GOOD. I think I'll leave Amiga alone for a little while longer and see what happens with UAE4ARM...I can launch the games with Workbench anyway so I'm in no rush. If they get it working with zip games that's great, as that's what the HyperSpin Database appears to be named after. If they could make it less fussy about the names through launch intent that would be even better.