Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync 3.5 Install and Download Info

HyperSpin

NOTE: You must be a Platinum member to use HyperSync. Please consider supporting the community and become a Platinum member today!  >>CLICK HERE<<

The time has come...

And now ladies and gentlemen allow me to be the first to introduce you to HyperSync 3.5 series; you're one and only one stop shop for all the media to make your jaws drop! HyperSync 3.5 is the culmination of sixteen people working side by side, eleven months of work, a total of over 300 thousand lines of code, and a hell of a lot of beauty! You can download the consumer release now, and start using it right away! HyperSync consumer release is the first public release of HyperSync 3.5 to come out to the general public, HyperSync 3.5 will be metamorphed into version 4.0 by next months end with an expected three minor updates until that time. By using HyperSync 3.5 you understand that the application is still considered beta, albeit late beta (meaning it has undergone hundreds of hours beta testing and rewrites.)

Getting Started

• Download the official release
  • Extract the ZIP file anywhere on your PC (do not extract RAW files to root HyperSpin directory)
  • Double click the application icon to launch HyperSync
  • Once HyperSync is opened click on folders and select your HyperSpin root directory, and your media folder (typically /media)
  • Click on the account information tile under 'home' and enter in your HyperSpin and EmuMovies forum password (click login on both instances)
  • Now get started linking your systems.

Linking Systems

• Click on the 'media configuration' tile located under home
  • In just a few moments the configuration utility will load, to the left you will see a tile view of all of the systems on HyperBase
  • Systems that you have already linked will be colored, otherwise they will be grey
  • Click on a system tile and click 'Yes' when asked if you would like to setup that system
  • After a moment all of the media options will be downloaded, you can preview these items by clicking preview as well
  • Go through and setup all of your system media that you wish to synchronize
  • Make sure SYNC SYSTEM is toggled ON, as well as SYSTEM INTROS if you wish to synchronize system intro videos
  • Make sure that you have selected the system from the drop-down menu you want the system synced to, and click set
  • Repeat all steps above for every system you wish to sync
  • Click OK when finished

Running a Sync

• Click on the sync tab, select a system, select a media type, click sync & enjoy.

Words to the Wise

HyperSync undergoes a 'sanity check' every time you click sync whereby it checks every database for consistency, errors as well as missing databases. If a database is found to be missing HyperSync will automatically download the appropriate database (if found on HyperList.) If a database is damaged then HyperSync will notify you that the database is damaged and give you the chance to download said database, if you choose no that system will be excluded from the synchronization.

By using HyperSync it does not mean throwing caution to the wind, or not reading the instructions clearly. If you missuse HyperSync as with any media synchronization utility there is a chance for data corruption. So, please take your time, be patient and level-headed.

Notable Features

• Automatic updating
  • Automatic error submission
  • Automatic database updating
  • Fully integrated into HyperList, EmuMovies and HyperBase
  • Super fast post syncs (no more waiting for hours.)

>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<

• Upvote 2

Great work! Record speed on the downloads. One issue, I am unable to sync the Atari 2600 system as it doesn't show up in my list for 'assigned to' under media configuration. In your first post, it says it should work for gold members. Am I missing something? No rush, so I did not email you, as I didn't think this was needed for Bug Tracker.

Edited by huntaar

Great work! Record speed on the downloads. One issue, I am unable to sync the Atari 2600 system as it doesn't show up in my list for 'assigned to' under media configuration. In your first post, it says it should work for gold members. Am I missing something? No rush, so I did not email you, as I didn't think this was needed for Bug Tracker.

If it doesn't show up in the drop-down list then Atari 2600 must not be in your \Databases\Main Menu\Main Menu.xml. Lemme' know how that works for ya'.

• Upvote 1

It is beautiful, plain and simple. My avatar definitely gives it that personal feel to it. With that layout it was extremely easy to configure everything. After I got it all setup, logged in, and looking lovely, I hit sync and got an "Internet Required" screen. I'm confused because it updated, logged in, went to HS & Emu websites, and it questions my connection??? I know this isn't a thread to post problems but I thought this may have a simple answer. If needs be I'll start a thread elsewhere. There's no ingratitude here. Just want to see what it can do. :)

It is beautiful, plain and simple. My avatar definitely gives it that personal feel to it. With that layout it was extremely easy to configure everything. After I got it all setup, logged in, and looking lovely, I hit sync and got an "Internet Required" screen. I'm confused because it updated, logged in, went to HS & Emu websites, and it questions my connection??? I know this isn't a thread to post problems but I thought this may have a simple answer. If needs be I'll start a thread elsewhere. There's no ingratitude here. Just want to see what it can do. :)

This is a known issue, you may have to click on the sync button two or three times in order to get it going. So you know, I am in the process of fixing this and updating it to a more "stable" query site.

UPDATE:

Think I figured 'er out. Click About > Check for Updates and install the latest version of HyperSync. This should fix that little booger right up. :P

Edited by Rain

i still get the error after the update and it only happens if you click on sync all systems also i was thinking for an idea for the stuff rhats default can you make it so it syncs stuff that is avalible only for instance sega gensis have 3d boxes but it dont sync regardless unless you set the thing to 3d boxes so why not just have the ones that are avalible as default

actually ive noticed some systems give the same connection error regardless

Edited by relic

i still get the error after the update and it only happens if you click on sync all systems also i was thinking for an idea for the stuff rhats default can you make it so it syncs stuff that is avalible only for instance sega gensis have 3d boxes but it dont sync regardless unless you set the thing to 3d boxes so why not just have the ones that are avalible as default

actually ive noticed some systems give the same connection error regardless

Hmmm, might have to check that again. I think the travel time from USA to AUS might be a spot too far for the PING route. Will look at autodetecting country in the AM.

love the new interface! its a lot more intuitive then the previous versions. great work!

just wondering if there is there a setting at all that allows you to pick the quality of the video snaps? 240 480 or 720p etc? i had a look but couldnt find one.

If it doesn't show up in the drop-down list then Atari 2600 must not be in your \Databases\Main Menu\Main Menu.xml. Lemme' know how that works for ya'.

Thanks Rain, you were spot on. Appreciate the pointer!

Thanks for another great release. I cannot seem to find where to enter the Alternative Videos folder. I have looked hard but cannot find, maybe I am looking too hard!

Sorted. I discovered it looks in the settings ini file per system for the path in the [video defaults] section

Edited by Batfink91

Thanks again for all your hard work that has gone into Hypersync. Previous versions have made setting up systems so much easier and im sure this will be no different.

I just have one little problem though. I downloaded it, unziped to c:\, updated it, and when i double click it to run it doesnt do anything....

I tried looking for an error or anything in the logs but both debug and error log are empty. It does something for a few seconds as it pops up in task manager but then disappears.

I have a .dmp file in my \Appdata\Local\CrashDumps\ folder but not sure if that helps...

Are the requirements for this version the same as previous versions?

Sorry if I have missed something. Point me in the right direction and ill be on my way. :vroam:

Update: Still wont run on my cabinet, however will run on my laptop....

Edited by DonCorleon
update

very strange indeed seems for some people it works but some cant connect to the syncing part so what i did was clicked on it a few times and it solved the issue for me but i try it on nts computer and it comes up with no connection for sync even so i click it a couple of times

• Upvote 1

Rain

a good idea would be that in future releases of the tool, this is an installer, asking you where you want to install hypersinc, hyperlaunch and Hyperspin, then do a complete installation of the three tools and auto update everything (as well as it does with media). if the user chose that

• Upvote 1