Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dedicated Ghouls'n Ghosts'n Goblins wheel. COMPLETE & AVAILABLE!

Metalzoic

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATED:

Added Griffin518's newest Ghouls'n Ghosts bezel to the pack if any of you want to update. It's been updated for the Arcade US & Japan versions and the Genesis version.

If anyone new wants to add this custom wheel just PM me.

Great themes and wheel in general... I will not add this to my setup probably but I'm interested in the video transitions... Do you made them? Or where you get them? They look awesome...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Great themes and wheel in general... I will not add this to my setup probably but I'm interested in the video transitions... Do you made them? Or where you get them? They look awesome...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Those are just the standard special transition effects built into HyperSpin. Although I did add quite a few more to it from a transition pack I grabbed from the FTP or download section here.

Those are just the standard special transition effects built into HyperSpin. Although I did add quite a few more to it from a transition pack I grabbed from the FTP or download section here.

cool don't know that there is a pack gonna try to find it

Not sure how I missed this it looks awesome, just not sure how much if it will work on HS Android!

No idea. It's very multi-system: Arcade, Genesis, SNES, Nes, Gb, GBC, Super Gameboy, PSX, PS2... oh yeah and Wonderswan...

For the arcade/console stuff I'm using MAME & MESS. Can't remember the name of the Playstation emulators, but they're the normal ones most people use.

So testing this on Android took longer than expected!!! (I am a novice btw)

Metalzoic everything looks so much better on my TV instead of the laptop I test setup on. Really great job, this is the best looking wheel I have lol.

Heres the rundown for how everything displays on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro v3.0 Marshmallow

I have not tested any roms just the art.

Really only one noticeable problem theme. The others you would not see unless you were watching both at the same time like me!!

1. Main Menu Theme looks great but 1st knight image background doesnt show (not noticeable)

2. The game wheel order is different on PC to Shield and Database order. (not sure if thats normal but no big deal)

3.. I get none of the Hyperspin effects between game wheels (not sure what they are called or if they are in the themes or not)

4. Problem Themes

Ghouls'n Ghosts Remix (Homage)

2006 Valar Soft PC

No pixel animation on main image Would not notice

Makaimura (Japan)

1985 Capcom - Arcade

No background or jumping characters. (2 static images of jumping characters either side of video) Shame

Ghosts;n Goblins (USA)

1985 Capcom Taito Arcade

All ok but no wave animation to background image. (does animate up and down though) Would not notice

Gargoyle's Quest (USA)

1990 Capcom Gameboy

Animated fire breathing Gargoyle is static on left hand side No big deal

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (USA)

1991 Capcom SNES

all fine but no start pixelation on Wheel image in theme Would not notice

Maximo Ghosts to Glory (USA)

2002 Capcom PS2

pixelation thing again Would not notice

This was fun

Interesting, thanks for testing that out. Sounds like the Android version of HS doesn't support a lot of the special effects that are used in PC themes. I wonder if those will be added.

2. The game wheel order is different on PC to Shield and Database order. (not sure if thats normal but no big deal)

The database is ordered exactly chronologically, sounds like your setup is probably alphabetizing them regardless of the XML order.

1. Main Menu Theme looks great but 1st knight image background doesnt show (not noticeable)

That sounds like the Android version probably starts playing the video before it had time to display the background. Could maybe be fixed by changing the theme timing, but might simply not work on Android?

3.. I get none of the Hyperspin effects between game wheels (not sure what they are called or if they are in the themes or not)

Those transitions are built into HS and cycle randomly on PC. You just need them turned on in HyperHQ.

I'm not familiar with the Android build of HS, but assuming it uses the same ini files you would have to set "use_indexes" to true in the ini for this system to use the database order and not alphabetical.

Thanks, I was just trying to remember how I made that work in chrono-order

I'm not familiar with the Android build of HS, but assuming it uses the same ini files you would have to set "use_indexes" to true in the ini for this system to use the database order and not alphabetical.

This worked perfect

Metalzoic

so the background image is contained within the main menu theme correct?

Not sure how/where the transitions are.

I have some .flv files named as system names in my media/main men/videos/override transitions folder

nothing in my Media/GnGnGnG/Videos/Override Transitions

Are those the files and folders I should be looking at? If so do you kmow the naming of them and where I can get some from

cant see anything for override transitions on the downloads page (other than 15 MAME ones in a pack)

This worked perfect

Metalzoic

so the background image is contained within the main menu theme correct?

Not sure how/where the transitions are.

I have some .flv files named as system names in my media/main men/videos/override transitions folder

nothing in my Media/GnGnGnG/Videos/Override Transitions

Are those the files and folders I should be looking at? If so do you kmow the naming of them and where I can get some from

cant see anything for override transitions on the downloads page (other than 15 MAME ones in a pack)

I can't find the transitions either... Please share them :P

Not sure what you guys mean. Transitions came with your HyperSpin download. You should already have (most of) them. There was an additional pack of them here in the DL section... or maybe it was on the FTP, but that just adds more to what you have.

There are no special transitions for this wheel, it's just using the default ones.

Archived