Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Atari 5200 with retroarch mame core !!!

Sting

I know Reznnate has this working, but has anyone else??? I need an idiots guide for this one :/ Downloaded mess, extracted the hash folder put it in (com.retroarch/system/mame/) tried ROMs in (com.retroarch/system/mame/a5200) & (com.retroarch/system/mame/) with the BIOS in (com.retroarch/system/mame/a5200/a5200/) named it (a5200.zip) and still can't get it to load, I've even matched the rom names to the hash (a5200.xml) :/ If anyone can do a guide it will be much appreciated :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Reznnate has this working, but has anyone else??? I need an idiots guide for this one :/ Downloaded mess, extracted the hash folder put it in (com.retroarch/system/mame/) tried ROMs in (com.retroarch/system/mame/a5200) & (com.retroarch/system/mame/) with the BIOS in (com.retroarch/system/mame/a5200/a5200/) named it (a5200.zip) and still can't get it to load, I've even matched the rom names to the hash (a5200.xml) :/ If anyone can do a guide it will be much appreciated :)

from rennate Need mess hash files in the system folder in /mame/hash. Need bios files in rom folder like this .../a5200/a5200/

I zipped up my a5200 setup and posted it here:

https://mega.nz/#!EosUiSRK!14pEotdiEehCc4aEdk8reuLkNEjCN-CkFKFhYWKI8Ag

I couldn't figure out how to make it work in Retroarch without using rigid mame-like rom names.

So I modified the dbase and all the media files to match.

If there is a better way to do this, I'd love to know...

Figured it out Hyperspinners!!! In the settings .ini for the individual systems example (Atari 5200.ini) (GX4000.ini) Intellivision.ini) etc etc... On the rompath line don't put a forward slash (/) at the end of the line. Just got Intellivision and GX4000 running in the last five minutes :)

create a system folder, inside that there should be a mame subfolder with hash list of systems supported by mame and then you create other subfolders with the name of the system as it appears in that list. Inside that, create a new subfolder with the same name and that is where the games should be - it is way confusing but this should do the trick. Something like this:

system/mame/hash

system/a5200/a5200/ roms, bios 

Thing is though, not all systems appearing in the hash xml list of mame git work. For example i got atari 2500, casio pv-1000, intellivision, amstrad gx4000, arcadia 2001, adventure vision and vc4000 working and i have tried many others but do not load - seems to be an issue with renaming which is a rather painful procedure and even then, they might not work.

Archived