Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Son of a... Street Fighter 5 won't work in a cab?

Metalzoic

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2017 at 5:50 AM, Yardley said:

I am not spreading false information, you're using x360ce to make it work, the deluxe version works without the need for x360ce.

You've installed Vjoy and it works without need of x360ce if we use deluxe ver. right?
Although this is an other VJoy , than the one I use and Metalzoic .  Will this conflicts with other joystick IDs as well?

20 hours ago, shitoken said:

You've installed Vjoy and it works without need of x360ce if we use deluxe ver. right?
Although this is an other VJoy , than the one I use and Metalzoic .  Will this conflicts with other joystick IDs as well?

I haven't tested enough to answer this question since like I said I am unable to use this because I am shelled and VJoy doesn't seem to work for me. Install it and report back, you can easily uninstall it if it gives you problems. I ran scripts similar to the ones Donannis posted for pre/post launch of the game to enable/disable the VJoy drivers but I did notice that RocketLauncher still sees a VJoy device. 

On 5/9/2017 at 0:08 AM, shitoken said:

He's talking about the same Vjoy you already have. My guess is it will still conflict with joystick ID's and you would probably still need to use my scripts (or another) to disable/enable the Vjoy drivers.

If that works for you I imagine it would work with this too. You'd just need to change my script a bit to match this game instead of MKX.

43 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

He's talking about the same Vjoy you already have. My guess is it will still conflict with joystick ID's and you would probably still need to use my scripts (or another) to disable/enable the Vjoy drivers.

If that works for you I imagine it would work with this too. You'd just need to change my script a bit to match this game instead of MKX.

What I did notice though is that even with the drivers disabled, Rocketlauncher still sees VJoy, you can check by going to the mapping tab of any system and looking at the drop down where it shows the controllers that are plugged in. VJoy shows up there and it can cause some issues with Xpadder and the preferred controller function of RL. Sorry if I am speaking a bit loosely here, but I stopped testing this stuff when I noticed it won't work for me since I am shelled and VJoy doesn't like that so I am still unable to play SF V through my CP with two players. 

1 minute ago, Yardley said:

What I did notice though is that even with the drivers disabled, Rocketlauncher still sees VJoy, you can check by going to the mapping tab of any system and looking at the drop down where it shows the controllers that are plugged in. VJoy shows up there and it can cause some issues with Xpadder and the preferred controller function of RL. Sorry if I am speaking a bit loosely here, but I stopped testing this stuff when I noticed it won't work for me since I am shelled and VJoy doesn't like that so I am still unable to play SF V through my CP with two players. 

Yeah, you're right that Vjoy drivers like to conflict with things here and there which is why I only use it if absolutely necessary. The script I use works great as it auto enables the drivers at game launch and auto-disables them when you exit. I'm sure it would work fine for SSV too, but I'm not willing to drop the cash on it right now.

1 minute ago, Metalzoic said:

Yeah, you're right that Vjoy drivers like to conflict with things here and there which is why I only use it if absolutely necessary. The script I use works great as it auto enables the drivers at game launch and auto-disables them when you exit. I'm sure it would work fine for SSV too, but I'm not willing to drop the cash on it right now.

Right, but even after disabling the drivers VJoy is still seen by RL. 

Just now, Yardley said:

Right, but even after disabling the drivers VJoy is still seen by RL. 

Makes sense. I doubt RocketLauncher knows or cares about drivers. I always thought it was just the drivers causing conflicts with other stuff, I didn't know simply having it on would conflict with xpadder etc...

It's a pretty crappy App, to bad it seems to be the only one that does what it does.

3 hours ago, shitoken said:

Is there any app which can reassign the joystick no ?after I pulled out usb and re plugged

I did  not read the entire topic, just your last post. So apologies in advance if this is not what you meant.

If what you want is specific devices to have specific ports assigned (even when unplugging them or plugging them in different order (if you have for example two fightsticks and two joysticks), you can try this:

https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder/

Little description from the git there:

The main use of this tool is to bring some sanity to older DirectInput games that rely on the enumeration order of devices to determine the controller order in game (even though they are not supposed to do that). After Windows XP, and especially starting with Windows 8, the enumeration order of controllers is quite arbitrary and will change after rebooting Windows or unplugging and replugging in your devices. This can wreck havoc on games where you have carefully set up controller bindings for players 1-4, only to find that they are totally ruined the next time you boot up Windows.

There is no way supported way to change this order, and the only method I found before writing devreorder was to physically unplug all of your devices and plug them back in the order that you want. This technique, however, falls apart when dealing with wireless and virtual devices. This tool finally allows the order to be defined explicitly.

Tested in Windows 8.1, but should in theory work in any version of Windows. Note that this currently only works for games that use DirectInput 8. Any older games that make use of an earlier version of DirectInput will not be affected, nor will games that use a different API for reading controller input, including Xinput, the old joystick API in winmm.dll, raw input, and the low level Windows HID API.

Hope this helps. If not, disregard :)

20 hours ago, Kondorito said:

I did  not read the entire topic, just your last post. So apologies in advance if this is not what you meant.

If what you want is specific devices to have specific ports assigned (even when unplugging them or plugging them in different order (if you have for example two fightsticks and two joysticks), you can try this:

https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder/

Little description from the git there:

The main use of this tool is to bring some sanity to older DirectInput games that rely on the enumeration order of devices to determine the controller order in game (even though they are not supposed to do that). After Windows XP, and especially starting with Windows 8, the enumeration order of controllers is quite arbitrary and will change after rebooting Windows or unplugging and replugging in your devices. This can wreck havoc on games where you have carefully set up controller bindings for players 1-4, only to find that they are totally ruined the next time you boot up Windows.

There is no way supported way to change this order, and the only method I found before writing devreorder was to physically unplug all of your devices and plug them back in the order that you want. This technique, however, falls apart when dealing with wireless and virtual devices. This tool finally allows the order to be defined explicitly.

Tested in Windows 8.1, but should in theory work in any version of Windows. Note that this currently only works for games that use DirectInput 8. Any older games that make use of an earlier version of DirectInput will not be affected, nor will games that use a different API for reading controller input, including Xinput, the old joystick API in winmm.dll, raw input, and the low level Windows HID API.

Hope this helps. If not, disregard :)

Thanks mate will try this out.
GUI version could have been more better haha

3 hours ago, shitoken said:

Thanks mate will try this out.
GUI version could have been more better haha

Yeah. Not my project hehe :)

I know about this tool because a lot of users from the Retroarch forums are using it and getting excellent results.
If you are using RA, you can go over there and hunterk will surely help you out with it :)

Hey guys, I detailed this issue in the platinum section. My cabinet is a heavily modified x-arcade cabinet (nothing left that is x-arcade about now that I am done) for work. We got a $1000 for a new computer/monitor so I went to work.

My setup had two d-input usb devices, and a keyboard. The keyboard's purpose was to do one thing: reset idle timeout. It was attached to the universal start button and coin insert. The usb d-input devices were attached to the controls, player one and player two. This will not work for pc games considering the special snowflake control-configuration of every PC game out there.

Since rocket-launcher will not reset it's idle timer with anything other than a keystroke, I needed to figure out a plan. I searched and found inputmapper 2.

Inputmapper/DS4 tool was originally designed to translate a bluetooth PS4 controller into a virtual x-box 360 on PC. Inputmapper 2 does a lot more.

You can basically translate anything into a 360 controller. D-input, PS4, PS3, keyboard, and it will convert the signal to a 360 controller. And unlike 360ce, it doesn't have any horrible input lag. It has tools to measure that lag even.

I was able to create two x-box 360 controllers that used a combination of the usb d-input device and keyboard to solve my issue. The best part is that since it is an x-input device, they just work perfectly with modern PC games and action games as they all use x-input now natively. No pulling your hair out trying to figure out custom controls per game.

Street Fighter V and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 now work perfectly in my cab.

And yes, the 360 virtual controllers created will map to x-padder profile.

Keep in mind, the project is in beta and has bugs. And its not very well documented at this time. But if you make an account and create support tickets, the developer will help you solve your issues. He went above and beyond for me and actually updated a plugin that was not working for me. I donated to his site for that one.

Your milage will vary of course. Good luck and happy cabbing. :D

https://inputmapper.com/

Ok... another issue with changing joystick IDs.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13009

Your welcome. Used it on my proejct, and its built on windows 10. If you are concerned about viruses, I work for a cyber-security company that makes extremely reputable anti-malware protection. Everything I used I scanned, I couldn't plug the computer to the network if I didn't.

Its not mucked up with viruses. :)

1 hour ago, nzbsolo said:

Ok... another issue with changing joystick IDs.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13009

Your welcome. Used it on my proejct, and its built on windows 10. If you are concerned about viruses, I work for a cyber-security company that makes extremely reputable anti-malware protection. Everything I used I scanned, I couldn't plug the computer to the network if I didn't.

Its not mucked up with viruses. :)

Thanks for posting these utilities, I'm definitely going to give them a try. Does anyone know if either of these (devreorder or JoyID) will work with MAME? devreorder states that it "currently only works for games that use DirectInput 8" and JoyID states that "This tool has an effect only with games using the (old, deprecated) Win32_API for joysticks). Not sure which one MAME uses. 

• 6 months later...

Apologies if this has been answered but is anybody having trouble running this through rocket launcher.  It launches great but after a minute or so rocket launcher takes back focus because it thinks it hasn't started.

I`m running it through PClauncher, and have tried adding the exe to AppWaitExe.  But it still retakes focus even though its up and running. I`ve also tried using the automated AppwaitExe but none of the three it picks up make any difference either..

Can anybody help

9 hours ago, richie_jones said:

Apologies if this has been answered but is anybody having trouble running this through rocket launcher.  It launches great but after a minute or so rocket launcher takes back focus because it thinks it hasn't started.

I`m running it through PClauncher, and have tried adding the exe to AppWaitExe.  But it still retakes focus even though its up and running. I`ve also tried using the automated AppwaitExe but none of the three it picks up make any difference either..

Can anybody help

Set the FadeTitle. 

• 1 year later...

Archived