Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Any Good Hypermarquee/EDS Tutorials?

mccorkled

Hello again everyone....

I posted this under the platinum member section but there seem to me smarter people in the general forum :P

I recently found out about these two programs and it would be great to have them setup on my HTPC, and I would love to share a video of it all working once I get it figured out. The problem is that everyone ONLY shared videos of it all working and it seems as if there are no configuration videos/ pictorials to set it all up. Everyone on YouTube wants to show how great it is but no one shows how it was all accomplished. I watched the videos in the download section for each program but I am still a bit confused, or perhaps the language barrier/ broken English keeps me from properly understanding.

I am using the Aeon Nox XIII Hyperspin skin. I use my television as my main monitor and on the front of my HTPC is a 7" touch screen (Moncaso case for those interested) that I would like to display the SNES (or respective) system logo for the current system selected and then display the game title wheel art when hovering/ playing a particular game.

I would really appreciate the help. I am on the final days of my HS build after many years. I just spend $1100 on new components to upgrade my HTPC (64GB DDR4, 4GHz CPU, GTX780 GPU) with the hopes to seriously OC the components to get ready for VR/PS3/360 emulators, and finalize my build (for a few years anyhow ;) you know how it is) and I would love these finishing touches to be displayed on the front of my case.

Thanks! :D

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/9012-hypermarquee-048/

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/9006-hyperspin-event-dispatch-system-eds-075/

You probably know this but you want Sevenseal or Antos. I don't think they get out much. Pretty well trapped in those two posts. I think following the page one instructions on both posts will get you in the game. After that, I have seen them provide all kinds of support, personally answering questions, teamviewer, etc. HyperMarquee appears pretty straight forward and seems to be what you need for the game title display. But to get the system display prior to hitting "go", I think your going to have to get into EDS also. HyperSpin doesn't send a command to monitor until you hit "go". EDS to my understanding looks under the hood, capturing HyperSpin and other utilities' functions prior to this and relays to other programs to change displays.

I have planned to do this also, but my ability to procrastinate has overcome my good intentions. Now if someone will just get HyperSpeech working. Lucky for me I procrastinated so long on that, it is no longer fully functional.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/9012-hypermarquee-048/

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/9006-hyperspin-event-dispatch-system-eds-075/

You probably know this but you want Sevenseal or Antos. I don't think they get out much. Pretty well trapped in those two posts. I think following the page one instructions on both posts will get you in the game. After that, I have seen them provide all kinds of support, personally answering questions, teamviewer, etc. HyperMarquee appears pretty straight forward and seems to be what you need for the game title display. But to get the system display prior to hitting "go", I think your going to have to get into EDS also. HyperSpin doesn't send a command to monitor until you hit "go". EDS to my understanding looks under the hood, capturing HyperSpin and other utilities' functions prior to this and relays to other programs to change displays.

I have planned to do this also, but my ability to procrastinate has overcome my good intentions. Now if someone will just get HyperSpeech working. Lucky for me I procrastinated so long on that, it is no longer fully functional.

@sevelseal helped me fix the problem. I did not have the config file right because in the videos MAME is the system being setup, but it doesn't matter because in HyperMarquee the paths are wildcards Z:\Hyperspin\Media\[system]\Images\Wheel\[FileName].png   

I had read the part about the wildcards in the tutorial but it was not working because like I said, I do not have MAME setup and so when I went into HyperMarquee to setup a console I setup SNES but in EDS my parameters were set to...

false MAME-Marquee_Artwork "[game]" "[system]"

which would have been right had I setup MAME in HyperMarquee. But, since I setup SNES rather than MAME my config file was named...

Super Nintendo Entertainment System-Marquee_Artwork.xml

rather than...

MAME-Marquee_Artwork.xml

which didn't jive with the parameters in EDS...

false MAME-Marquee_Artwork "[game]" "[system]"

Having the config file named to...

MAME-Marquee_Artwork.xml     fixed the issue. You do not need to setup each system with its own event since the wildcards put the right system/game.

Archived