Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Adding New System not Listed on Rocketlauncher

badboo

Hi Everyone,

I want to add a new collection to my rocketlauncher (Hyperspin), but I can't make it work. I will try to be brief.

For example I want to create a zelda collection (in my case "Legend of Zelda Wheel" as system name).

I added the "Legend of Zelda Wheel" system to Rocketlauncher with Retroarch as default system, then I created the xml list like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<menu>
<game name="Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA)" index="" image="">
    <description>Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past</description>
    <cloneof />
    <crc>777AAC2F</crc>
    <manufacturer>Nintendo</manufacturer>
    <year>1992</year>
    <genre>Action/Adventure</genre>
<exe>Super Nintendo Entertainment System</exe> 
</game>
</menu>

(Please notice that I added the </exe>)... (I am showing just one game for now.  )

Then I get this error when I run the game on RL:

"You system name is Legend Of Zelda Wheel
It is not known of one of the supported system for this 
RetroArch module: RetroArch"

Somebody explained me on another forum that I have to use the <exe>(system name)</exe>  in the list, but still I can't make it work.

Can somebody lead me on what do I need to do or what could I be missing? 

PD. I am aware that I can assign an alternative emulator but I don't want to do this, because I have different media for this collection, besides it will be time consuming assigning this to each rom.

Thanks in dvance

Hi, thanks for replying.

I tried to do that with the module, but it didn't work for me or I don't know how to do it. But I won't discard this option if I I can make it work.

The other guy (from the other) told me I don't need to do that with the module, just create this xml list and will work. In fact, there are different games from different systems (nes, super nes, etc), I will have to edit a module to each system and I can only choose one default system on rocketlauncher.

edit:

I think I may have found out about it. I don't need to touch anything on rocketlauncher, I just have to deal with hyperhq.... so simple  :dash2:

• 1 year later...

I'm hoping that someone picks this up! 

I am massively struggling with this type of set up. I can get the collection, for example, Sonic Collection, to work in Rocket Launcher by using the alternative emulator option. However, how do I get them to launch in Hyperspin? What settings in Hyper HQ do I need to enter to make the collection load?

Please help!!

Thank you!

On 6/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, rajeevbhalsod said:

I'm hoping that someone picks this up! 

I am massively struggling with this type of set up. I can get the collection, for example, Sonic Collection, to work in Rocket Launcher by using the alternative emulator option. However, how do I get them to launch in Hyperspin? What settings in Hyper HQ do I need to enter to make the collection load?

Please help!!

Thank you!

Figured it out long time ago. You need to edit the emulator module and add the "system" in the list of supporting systems. I don't remember where exactly to add it, cause I am at the office, but where you see a list of all the systems, just add the system in that list.

Now, in your case you want to add a collection list, like sonic, you only need to use a database and add  a line with the system where it is running on. No need to set alternate emulator or doing anything else on Rocketlauncher. Further, no need to even touch Rocketlauncher. 

Let me know if you are around and I can give you more details, so I wont write in vain lol

Hi Badboo, 

Thank you for getting back to me. By fluke, I managed to get it to work - i added a line in Hyper HQ and the wheels load the the games fine in Hyperspin. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my message and helping. Massively appreciated. 

Raj

Archived