Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Question about keyboard delay in hyperHQ.

bluelight

Hey guys,

I am using a minipac and just got my control panel build for an arcade. I tested things out last night and I noticed that my player 2 joystick has no keyboard delay on it compared to player 1. When using the player 2 controls to navigate through the wheels... it occasionally skips two or three wheels. If you push it down and hold it, it instantly starts spinning through the wheels vs player 1 which waits a second or two before actually starting to spin through the wheels.

I have tested my controls and stuff... it seems to be that "keyboard delay" only applies to player 1 in Hyperspin. Is this true? I noticed the selection for it under controls in HyperHQ is only on the player 1 side. I don't understand why it wouldn't apply to both but is there any fix for this? Its mildly annoying. Thanks.

A possible solution is to run an AHK script at startup and map your P2 up and down buttons to use the same as P1. I know I tried something similar once and it did work. I can't remember exactly how I handled it but at the top of my head I can imagine there would be a problem with the P2 controls when running games. Maby there is a way do disable the script on every game launch. Then when comming back to Hyperspin, you can have a frontend profile that handles that mapping. I hope I'm making some sense here.

A possible solution is to run an AHK script at startup and map your P2 up and down buttons to use the same as P1. I know I tried something similar once and it did work. I can't remember exactly how I handled it but at the top of my head I can imagine there would be a problem with the P2 controls when running games. Maby there is a way do disable the script on every game launch. Then when comming back to Hyperspin, you can have a frontend profile that handles that mapping. I hope I'm making some sense here.

I'm afraid that is over my head a bit as far as running scripts. I have heard of AHK scripts but have no experience what so ever creating or running them. What you said does make sense though, I just wouldnt know how to begin to implement them. I don't understand why Hyperspin would only have keyboard delay for player 1 controls, considering player 2 is really just another assignment for the same controls that player 1 uses. It doesn't make any sense to me... if there is no way to change it they definitely should implement this in a patch.

I guess for now I am just stuck with a slippery wheel when using the player 2 controls to select games, unless anyone else has anything to add?? :/

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2016 at 10:42 PM, bluelight said:

I'm afraid that is over my head a bit as far as running scripts. I have heard of AHK scripts but have no experience what so ever creating or running them. What you said does make sense though, I just wouldnt know how to begin to implement them. I don't understand why Hyperspin would only have keyboard delay for player 1 controls, considering player 2 is really just another assignment for the same controls that player 1 uses. It doesn't make any sense to me... if there is no way to change it they definitely should implement this in a patch.

I guess for now I am just stuck with a slippery wheel when using the player 2 controls to select games, unless anyone else has anything to add?? :/

Hey were you able to find the answer this? I have the same issue (a "slippery" player 2 joystick).

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi. I know this is an old thread but I’ve been having some issues and wondered if anyone else has had the same as I think it’s linked to this keyboard delay...

for some reason, and this is an intermittent problem,  when either in a game (mame) or in the hyperspin menu,  my player 1 joystick that is mapped to the cursor buttons (I’m using an iPac4)  for whatever reason becomes erratic.  For example,  you move the joystick right, it moves, then it doesn’t, then it moves as though you’ve clicked it twice etc...   a real problem when in any game especially side scrollers. 

So ive tested everything,  wiring, switches, checked status of the iPac,  can’t find anything wrong. Checked the keyboard mapping,  all ok.   

So ive now turned off the keyboard delay as the problem only affects player 1 stick  and it doesn’t seem to do it anymore,  so looks possibly like it’s the keyboard delay?

I cant find anything or anyone who’s had this fault, wondering if anyone’s had the same problem and if they also found it to be the keyboard delay?

Archived