Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

1 minute ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

@jhabers would be the man in charge of adding that to the database. But, I would love to have that option.

If you finally add this option and want a Default bezel for each system i would be glad to share the set i'm creating/collecting to sync with your great project. Take a look here (There are examples on all pages):

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Kondorito said:

How on earth did I miss this topic? This stuff looks amazing! I need to start reading the topic from the top and catch up asap.

fr0stbyt3, kudos; this is truly a masterpiece.

HAH! Thank you so much! It's been a crazy ride. We should probably move the topic up a little bit out of the shadows.

3 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

HAH! Thank you so much! It's been a crazy ride. We should probably move the topic up a little bit out of the shadows.

Totally agreed! This is an awesome app and I believe not everybody knows about it and completely understands what it does.

2 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Totally agreed! This is an awesome app and I believe not everybody knows about it and completely understands what it does.

If there are any youtube/production people out there that want to give me a hand. Let me know :D

We're well on the way to 1.0!!

I'm happy to announce we're adding full support for all HyperHQ Settings. When complete, we'll EOL HyperHQ. Along with this change comes the need for us to open up HBL to the masses. Everyone here will not notice a change. Users that do not have premium accounts will have a limited user experience. Media syncing features will still require a premium account. Along with that change, premium users will get updates faster and have access to future beta builds.

HBL will also support XML file EXPORT. Meaning all changes to ROMs and Systems will be exported in XML format for Hyperspin to read. However, changes made outside of HBL will not be reflected. This will "close the loop" making HBL a complete local media management tool.

Here is a screenshot of the general settings screen that's being developed right now.

hs1.PNG

Sounds like 1.0 is due out soon? Sounds fantastic... can't wait to try it out. I didn't want to install the beta as my work computer is the main location that I sync all my other systems to and can't afford the space. I did have a few questions, however.

1. Once the final release is out will overwrite all the media I already have with perhaps the same/better quality images and videos?
2. Will the list of available systems be larger than what's available on HyperSync?
3. Will users be able to share Hyperspin systems that perhaps are not officially minted? In other words, maybe someone would like my D&D system or I would like to get media from someone for a more obscure system like Coleco Adam. Could there perhaps be a "non-minted" area or tab for folks to share these more rare media compilations?

Thanks, guys, keep up the fantastic work! 

BTW... the word MANAGE on the HyperBase main website in the central gray bar is misspelled. :)

Just now, malarrya said:

Sounds like 1.0 is due out soon? Sounds fantastic... can't wait to try it out. I didn't want to install the beta as my work computer is the main location that I sync all my other systems to and can't afford the space. I did have a few questions, however.

1. Once the final release is out will overwrite all the media I already have with perhaps the same/better quality images and videos?
2. Will the list of available systems be larger than what's available on HyperSync?
3. Will users be able to share Hyperspin systems that perhaps are not officially minted? In other words, maybe someone would like my D&D system or I would like to get media from someone for a more obscure system like Coleco Adam. Could there perhaps be a "non-minted" area or tab for folks to share these more rare media compilations?

Thanks, guys, keep up the fantastic work! 

BTW... the word MANAGE on the HyperBase main website in the central gray bar is misspelled. :)

Oh god... the main website will need to be redone anyway. It's changed a bit since that was made.

Now, your questions.

1. It will be the latest versions of everything we have. However, hypersync (soon to be retired as well) should have all the latest data. But yes, it will update anything that is old.
  2. Well, that's the hope. We're currently on par with the current list. But we have a dramatic expansion planned shortly. This will include steam titles as well.
  3. In short, yes. We've got a system in the works for users to share data with us. More details will be coming after the 1.0 release. You're likely going to see this in a follow-up release.

Frost, just curious...

Are you releasing the final version before checking the issues with rom matching that i sent you? I know you are busy with other aspects of the program and that is perfectly fine. Right now its not really an issue for me because i believe my sets are correct, but for testing purposes I have not been able to get the rom matching to find anything. I would hate for you to get slammed with support questions by others that might have the same issue when you go live. I only mention because you said you are close to release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2017 at 1:43 PM, maabus said:

Frost, just curious...

Are you releasing the final version before checking the issues with rom matching that i sent you? I know you are busy with other aspects of the program and that is perfectly fine. Right now its not really an issue for me because i believe my sets are correct, but for testing purposes I have not been able to get the rom matching to find anything. I would hate for you to get slammed with support questions by others that might have the same issue when you go live. I only mention because you said you are close to release.

Hey man! So here is the deal. Most of what needs to be fixed there is data, not the app itself. I have my database engineer looking at a better way to mass import data. We will, of course, need to get the database perfect before the 1.0 launch. 

You're 1000% correct though. If we launch with those issues, people will be blowing up the error report.

Did anyone ask about having the option to set a global Rom path instead of adding it every time you add a new system? I think some people have there ROMs on a drive in folders matching the Main Menu xml.

If it followed the same schema as rlauncher that would be great. No changing anything.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, gigapig said:

Did anyone ask about having the option to set a global Rom path instead of adding it every time you add a new system? I think some people have there ROMs on a drive in folders matching the Main Menu xml.

I'll be doing this along with the "bulk add" feature. I haven't figured out if this is going to be a 1.0 feature or not. Where would you suggest this path be set?

21 minutes ago, xagesz said:

If it followed the same schema as rlauncher that would be great. No changing anything.

That is the hope. We may need them to add a few features to support future changes.

Build 0.0.46 is complete!!!!

• NEW: INI General Settings from HyperHQ.
    • This will be expanded to cover system settings INI soon.
  • NEW: System Tile Caching.
    • For users who were seeing the text "Washed out".
  • UPDATED: Stability improvements for pulling large amounts of metadata.

@fr0stbyte am I right that I read that hyperbase will eventually pull in emulators too? I'm interested in knowing how that works? 4 years ago I started on making a script installer for hyperspin but I got frustrated with the pulling in emulators. .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

6 hours ago, klopjero said:

@fr0stbyte am I right that I read that hyperbase will eventually pull in emulators too? I'm interested in knowing how that works? 4 years ago I started on making a script installer for hyperspin but I got frustrated with the pulling in emulators. .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

We're going to be hosting the downloads via our API. That way links are predictable. We'll still be including website information back to the original websites. Extract and move will be handled by 7zip and fs. After that, the emulator gets registered to the user database. 

1 hour ago, maabus said:

Need a way to remove rom directories after they have been added unless i missed it somewhere

Would that delete all roms that were in that directory? I think what you would really need is a way for the database to verify that roms still exist, right?

• Avar locked this topic

Archived