Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anpanman said:

Much like the early versions, this one doesn't sync at all. Even on a fresh install of win10.

Can you give me a little more information?

• What console?
  • How much RAM do you have?
  • What settings are you using?
    • Screenshot you sync settings screen.
  • Do you have enough space?

Would that delete all roms that were in that directory? I think what you would really need is a way for the database to verify that roms still exist, right?

My samples for mame are in a folder called extras. Extras also has folders for artwork, manuals and some other misc directories. I ment to add my samples folder but accidently clicked on artwork. I could not remove the folder.

To answer your question i would think you would remove the roms from the database with removing the folder. It should only show the roms that are in the folders listed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK

We're working on ideas to improve the sync settings layout and are looking for some feedback. Goal is to make choosing art fun, fast, and easy while keeping the design as simple as possible and presenting the user with useful information as quickly as possible. Here are some mockups. Feedback greatly appreciated.

First one is same standard layout but with text replaced by miniature preview images. Helps quickly identify what choices you have for a given system. Downside is this method precludes showing artist's names for variants.

17973966_10155191143529929_1753709974_n.

Second one modifies the layout a bit, making the overall menu longer/taller but leaving the text and giving a larger permanent preview on the right side for each choice made. This has the benefit of giving a clearer view of taller images (theme screenshots, carts, boxes, etc), but makes the list longer. (Just grabbed a random wheel for the image instead of the correct one, sorry lol).

17948264_10154419837426828_2088654352_o.

@Avar It looks great! I love it :D

The only thing i would recommend is a way to select an Item for all Systems at the same time. For example to select the default Wheels for all HyperSpin Systems at once.

I guess a checkbox to choose one by one or select All (and remove all) would be a good idea.

What do you think about?

I like the first mock-up, and ideally by placing a mouse-over the art or any category, it could get a tool-tip with an expanded view (and below the preview image the creator or any other useful information maybe? ). Something like this:

hb_mockup.png.c6fac9d45c6cfd4c42a3d25f51566c9d.png

It can be done with Sound as well (maybe the first audio from the set can be previewed/played).

This way we can have a lot of information in the screen, and only show bigger the stuff that we want.

Don't know, just thinking out loud.

it gets better and better

I am far from motivated to read through all the pages since the last time ;-)

how is the check against HyperList now working? or where can I see if there is already matching the games as an grid view? at the moment I see a few hours working "running match system" only for my PS2 set (which is not half of the games so far).

7 hours ago, Avar said:

@ci2own

Love the idea but I have no idea what the logistics of it would be so I'll leave it to @fr0stbyt3 to comment on the feasibility!

I guess RocketLauncher would be a good example:

It has a GLOBAL settings, and then a settings per system. So in HyperBase Live you could go to Global tab/window and enable wheels/covers/letters for all systems at the same time.

Sure @fr0stbyt3  knows how to do it :)

5 hours ago, ChrisKant said:

it gets better and better

I am far from motivated to read through all the pages since the last time ;-)

how is the check against HyperList now working? or where can I see if there is already matching the games as an grid view? at the moment I see a few hours working "running match system" only for my PS2 set (which is not half of the games so far).

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD ON THE INTERNET. YOU WILL READ EVERY PAGE!!

• Grid view is up. Just select it from the ROM view.
  • Do you see any ROMs showing in the box below it?
  • Server Database updates will be hitting a priority very soon. I have an engineer working on it this week with me.

2 hours ago, ci2own said:

I guess RocketLauncher would be a good example:

It has a GLOBAL settings, and then a settings per system. So in HyperBase Live you could go to Global tab/window and enable wheels/covers/letters for all systems at the same time.

Sure @fr0stbyt3  knows how to do it :)

I can do global, but I'd like to avoid yet another settings section. I'll add it to the general settings screen soon and see what everyone thinks. Just so we're clear, all "global" will do is select the first item in the drop down list. Not sure if this is the desired effect or not.

8 hours ago, Kondorito said:

I like the first mock-up, and ideally by placing a mouse-over the art or any category, it could get a tool-tip with an expanded view (and below the preview image the creator or any other useful information maybe? )

Would it be ok if I did the same thing with the button to the right of the dropdown. So instead of "Preview" it would be an "Info" Icon?

Hover animations are completely doable, however, It adds a few layers of Visual work to make sure it says viewable and tidy.

I can do global, but I'd like to avoid yet another settings section. I'll add it to the general settings screen soon and see what everyone thinks. Just so we're clear, all "global" will do is select the first item in the drop down list. Not sure if this is the desired effect or not.

As there won't be a same theme for all systems, the default option would be good.

If you want to include bezels in HyperBase just tell me how should i rename it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, ci2own said:

If you want to include bezels in HyperBase just tell me how should i rename it.

The format is like this

[System Name]\bezels\[Media Set Name]\final\[Files]

So an example would be: AAE\wheels\AsteroidsAAE\wheels\Asteroids\final\alienst.png

The format is like this
[system Name]\bezels\[Media Set Name]\final\[Files]

So an example would be: AAE\wheels\AsteroidsAAE\wheels\Asteroids\final\alienst.png

Will HyperBase sync with RocketLauncher folder? I gues the RocketLauncher Bezels folder is different of the one you say.

Just now, ci2own said:

Will HyperBase sync with RocketLauncher folder? I gues the RocketLauncher Bezels folder is different of the one you say.

This is just so you can get me the files. Since I'm not done with the same launcher section, this isn't defined yet. Since it requires RL to work, I would guess the path would be based on the RL settings. 

This is just so you can get me the files. Since I'm not done with the same launcher section, this isn't defined yet. Since it requires RL to work, I would guess the path would be based on the RL settings. 

I already have the bezels sorted in the needed RL path in my dropbox but don't know how would you need it.

I can zip all bezels in the right folder structure and people just would need to uncompress in right RL folder so no need to include sync in HyperBase Live. This is up to you if want to include it.

I need it in the listed file format in order for my auto importer to work. Again, this is just for you to get me the data. 

You do not have to send me a zip. But if you want to, you can. I can handle it uncompressed, so long as its in the right folder. Also, I can handle unzip behind the scenes in the app. I will need to anyway for emulators.

We can finish talking about that in the PM. :) We're flooding this thread.

39 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Would it be ok if I did the same thing with the button to the right of the dropdown. So instead of "Preview" it would be an "Info" Icon?

Hover animations are completely doable, however, It adds a few layers of Visual work to make sure it says viewable and tidy.

Agreed! Adding an "i" icon to expand/contract extra info from the selected drop-down item seems a better option than getting stuff on-screen just by mousing hover.

Here is the RL structure for bezels i took from rocketlauncher wiki page. There are a few options to take care for folders (if horizontal or vertical for example). The .ini file should be synced too. And also a screen ratio option to choose between bezels. Maybe for a future release, because is a lot of work for the next release i guess.

Just tell me your future plans about bezels and if i can help in someway just tell me. ;)

58f4c5c4bb34d_Capturadepantalla2017-04-17alas15_38_55.png.38ba9cc744b6f66a91431816cfe59d3d.png

8 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

did I mentioned that I start hating this program. it Is now the third time that after an update everything is lost I configured so far. 

Should we be hating on beta software or just politely giving our experience and suggestions?

Edit: I don't want you to have another bad Launch box problem Chris ;)

9 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

did I mentioned that I start hating this program. it Is now the third time that after an update everything is lost I configured so far. 

Hah! Well good morning to you too! I'll be adding a database backup mechanism pretty soon. This should make situations like this easily fixable. So, of course, I have to ask: are you allowing the application to auto update, or are you running the installer? Running the installer rather than auto update can cause the program to generate a new database.

Do you know what version numbers caused this? Do you have any other information so that I can debug this?

It was the auto updater, after that I lost my configuration within HBL.

From 0.45 to 0.47 today at around 11 am. I started that app, than comes the update and after all i was wondering why I cannot choose one of my already configured systems so far. I thought of an other bug, so I start implementing ps2. It took ages to go through my library and after all, i saw that i lost all other systems in HBL.
@Gigapig, instead of that lunch with a lot of sinless features (my personal point of view) is HbL more focused on the important things, but it is not the first time that happens to me and it is exchausted to go over and over those things again and again. I am still trying the newest LB/BB and has still the workflow problems why I still hate that app

@frostbyte you know that I support you app and your plans for the future and that ruff way to hint on some bugs should be nothing else Than a big red Alarm of a huge problem in the update process... it is more problematic because the update process is fully automated and cannot stop manually. There should be an option for auto update or manually plus backup and restore

2 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

From 0.45 to 0.47 today at around 11 am. I started that app, than comes the update and after all i was wondering why I cannot choose one of my already configured systems so far. 

As in you clicked on them and nothing happened, or they didn't exist anymore?

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll allow users to cancel updates indefinitely. This will cause huge problems down the road when making server side changes.

The next version of the app will have database backups built in. Rolling backups will occur on every update. This way, if you hit another snag, the app can restore to a previous state.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived