Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

4 minutes ago, elements604 said:

Hi sorry if this has been asked before. I just want to know before testing if there is media currently on hyperbase that is not available on the FTP server as I have most stuff on the ftp.

First off. Hi there! Welcome to our little thread. 

So, we're actually in an interesting place with media. Right now we support around 20 types of media. However, @Avar is working with me to support over 200 types in the near future. So, right now, I would suppose we are a little behind the FTP and download section in some cases. Over the next month or so, we'll surpass anything either of them has.

I'm hoping we will have new screens and settings in place with all media backing it by the 1.0 launch in the coming months. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I did wrong, but not much seems to have changed. I enabled the XML Database export option, then deleted and re-added SNES. The database still seems to be the same, and there's only a minimal amount of artwork. The program does download some things after I add the system, but none of it seems to show up in HS. For instance, it says it downloads the wheel and box for Star Fox, but when I check HS there's no media there. Plus it still says Star Fox (USA) (Rev 2) in my HS setup.

5 minutes ago, JoeC3109 said:

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I did wrong, but not much seems to have changed. I enabled the XML Database export option, then deleted and re-added SNES. The database still seems to be the same, and there's only a minimal amount of artwork. The program does download some things after I add the system, but none of it seems to show up in HS. For instance, it says it downloads the wheel and box for Star Fox, but when I check HS there's no media there. Plus it still says Star Fox (USA) (Rev 2) in my HS setup.

Well, it looks like you found a bug! :D . I'll take a look at that right after work.

Haha, always glad to help.  One other quick question: should it take an extended period to build a queue for a system? I tried adding sega genesis, and it's been building a queue for around 10 minutes now.

Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, JoeC3109 said:

Haha, always glad to help.  One other quick question: should it take an extended period to build a queue for a system? I tried adding sega genesis, and it's been building a queue for around 10 minutes now.

Thanks again!

Nope. Look in the status window. Is it doing anything? If not. The import system is hanging. Restart and try again. I'll add that bug to the list as well.

Good call, restarted and it went through the downloads of all the boxes. Seemed to skip around and only download a few wheels. My setup still has the same problem regarding the DB's, as they still have the region codes on them even after switching the Database Export setting. All's well though, it's been great watching this program grow, and keep up the good work!

@ci2own Your recent uploads look incredible! I sent you a PM on it :P

@maabus If it's something that should be syncing but won't/isn't it's good to know and def doesn't hurt to point any issues out. If it's a set that maybe isn't fully uploaded to the new server yet it may be worth holding off but I'll trust your judgment. Like @fr0stbyt3 said we just rebuild the foundation from the ground up to allow for customization of every conceivable element from the ground up but I'm back on task now with my audit. I'm sure it's frustrating waiting for the actual media to get vetted and upload so I'm working as diligently as I can to get er done as fast as is prudent :D

No worries. Im in no rush... i just want to help you guys as much as i can without pestering you guys[emoji6]

Ill post some of the roms that are not syncing in a little bit. But so far genesis and nes have roms that are in the old xml files but not found in hbl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think I realized what the mistake might be. Were you saying in your previous post Frostbyte that I should completely remove SNES from my setup, ie. with HyperHQ (or HBL if it does that yet)? Then add it again from scratch? I think I was under the impression that HBL would either edit or redo my existing database. But what you were saying is to completely remove my databases and HBL will export new ones in?

49 minutes ago, JoeC3109 said:

I think I realized what the mistake might be. Were you saying in your previous post Frostbyte that I should completely remove SNES from my setup, ie. with HyperHQ (or HBL if it does that yet)? Then add it again from scratch? I think I was under the impression that HBL would either edit or redo my existing database. But what you were saying is to completely remove my databases and HBL will export new ones in?

Remove it from HBL. If you select the export option, then re-add. It will write a new XML database file.

Currently working on the new massive data import tool for the server. This is going to support all of the good work @Avar is doing auditing and updating all of the artwork we have. Part of this effort will be adding new screens and options at the system level and the main menu level. 

53.PNG

As you can see from the new "Main Menu" option, we're going to be adding more media management options. I had a release planned for today that I have to push back to test all of the new stuff. 

4 hours ago, maabus said:

I added APF Imagination Machine, and it's tile is showing ALF TV Game

Edit: Amstrad GX 4000 is also showing the ALF TV Game tile.

Hah! Sorry about that, man. Let me go take a look and see what the issue is.

cool.

A few ideas for HBL...

Add Console

remove a rom directory option (I accidently added the wrong directory, and had to delete the entire console to remove the directory) I noticed that if click and hold a grey bar fills the window, but i dont know what it is doing.

Editing a Console

Add a rom directory or remove directory from the console edit. (If you change your rom paths there is no way to change it in the console other than deleting the console and adding it back)

Wish List

When adding a console...  remove consoles that are already added from the drop down list. (I'm adding all the consoles, and it's a slow process scrolling through the drop down past ones I already have. This will also stop the possibility of accidentally adding a system you already added. I tested adding a duplicate, and it appears to not do anything so that is good. It is just time wasted going through the steps )

EDIT: OHHH i just figured out you can type the name of the system and it will display the systems that have what you type. That narrows down the drop down list. Still would be cool to remove what you have already added though! ;)

Edit 2: Maybe also display which directors are being used for roms in the edit console window.

10 hours ago, maabus said:

I added APF Imagination Machine, and it's tile is showing ALF TV Game

Edit: Amstrad GX 4000 is also showing the ALF TV Game tile.

Fixed, clear the _cache folders in both of those systems media folders.

5 hours ago, maabus said:

Add Console

remove a rom directory option (I accidently added the wrong directory, and had to delete the entire console to remove the directory) I noticed that if click and hold a grey bar fills the window, but i dont know what it is doing.

Editing a Console

Add a rom directory or remove directory from the console edit. (If you change your rom paths there is no way to change it in the console other than deleting the console and adding it back)

Wish List

When adding a console...  remove consoles that are already added from the drop down list. (I'm adding all the consoles, and it's a slow process scrolling through the drop down past ones I already have. This will also stop the possibility of accidentally adding a system you already added. I tested adding a duplicate, and it appears to not do anything so that is good. It is just time wasted going through the steps )

Edit 2: Maybe also display which directors are being used for roms in the edit console window.

• remove a directory: Sure, I should be able to sneak that into the next build
  • update / remove rom paths: This will cause that directory to be rescanned. This will be in a future build. 
  • filter systems that are already added from add console: super simple. Sorry I missed that.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived