Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Server status update:

• New server is almost at 100%.
  • We're working on removing theme duplication from the database ( like 4x3 vs (4x3) ).
    • For some of you, what will mean that you will have to update your sync settings to match. 
  • We're now getting full gigabit speeds up from 5mb.
  • New data types have been added to the database to support the new admin tool.
    • More on this as we complete mocks for what the new data can do
  • @Avar is still cruising through the full audit of all media data. So far we've archived and indexed 100,000 files and counting.

Local database file changes will be coming in the next update for HBL. This will support all of the efforts above and get us ready for more unannounced fun in the future.

Great work super excited. Few questions

Will we need an emu movies sub to use this,I have one but just asking...

If I run this on my cab which is 90% complete for art etc, what can I expect it to change...will it ask me if I want widescreen art etc...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, richie_jones said:

Great work super excited. Few questions

Will we need an emu movies sub to use this,I have one but just asking...

If I run this on my cab which is 90% complete for art etc, what can I expect it to change...will it ask me if I want widescreen art etc...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

It doesn't require an emumovies account, however, if you want their media... yeah you have to get one.

If you like your artwork, you can keep it. :) Just set that type to "do not sync" and it will be ignored. 

But again, the idea of it being "90% complete" is a statement we make because of how hard it was to get it to that level. Changing and updating artwork will be so simple you won't even think about it in those terms anymore.

One other quick request system wise; would it be possible to add Sega RingWide and Sega RingEdge, now that they are starting to be emulated? There might not be much if any artwork, though I know THK had started working on themes a little bit ago.

35 minutes ago, JoeC3109 said:

One other quick request system wise; would it be possible to add Sega RingWide and Sega RingEdge, now that they are starting to be emulated? There might not be much if any artwork, though I know THK had started working on themes a little bit ago.

If you or anyone else has an xml for these to get the ball rolling I'll throw em into the official list.

To all users, sets I upload now are available in HyperBase Live as soon as they hit the FTP so feel free to follow along with the audit and back us up. I'm going to skip ahead and do a few more popular systems for demo purposes before resuming alphabetical order. Cheers!

@ci2own Best looking ones yet! Well done!

9 minutes ago, Avar said:

To all users, sets I upload now are available in HyperBase Live as soon as they hit the FTP so feel free to follow along with the audit and back us up. I'm going to skip ahead and do a few more popular systems for demo purposes before resuming alphabetical order. Cheers!

@ci2own Best looking ones yet! Well done!

Any other new system on the way?

it's such a piece of gaming history, after nintendo pulled out, sony returned to it's dungeons and Philips changed the design and launched at it as the CD-I (ZOMG) which is the reason why the CD-I has so many nintendo franchise titles .

I bet there is an alternate universe where the Nintendo Playstation came to fruition and went on to dominate that next generation of consoles, SEGA died out like it did in this universe, Sony didn't do it's own thing because they were successful with the NPS (Nintendo PlayStation), and then there was only Nintendo left for all time, because Microsoft didn't want to go up against them when there wasn't Sony around to help.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived