Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Comprehensive List of Natively Supported Compression Formats

SkyHighGam3r

Aorin: Thank you very much!

Your file matches mine perfectly. I never expected that, but it's pretty cool.

This is the way verifications work when dumping ROMs and ISOs: 2 people dump a game and if they match 100% it is a known good dump.

For GameCube, you know you have a good dump when it's on this list. All GameCube XML entries can be checked there, with the exception of the unlicensed Maxplay game.

So, to answer your question: yes, if two people dump the same game, it will have the same CRC32.

For me, it is important to have good dumps or compressed dumps that can be restored again. The main reason is that I don't want to cause emulation problems just because my dump is bad. Now when I have an emu problem, I know it's the emulator ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aorin: Thank you very much!

Your file matches mine perfectly. I never expected that, but it's pretty cool.

This is the way verifications work when dumping ROMs and ISOs: 2 people dump a game and if they match 100% it is a known good dump.

For GameCube, you know you have a good dump when it's on this list. All GameCube XML entries can be checked there, with the exception of the unlicensed Maxplay game.

So, to answer your question: yes, if two people dump the same game, it will have the same CRC32.

For me, it is important to have good dumps or compressed dumps that can be restored again. The main reason is that I don't want to cause emulation problems just because my dump is bad. Now when I have an emu problem, I know it's the emulator ;)

Nice that it helped, I'm surprised it matches your CRC too, I believe all compressed isos can be reverted, PBPs, GCZs, CHDs, CSOs, and so on are all known compressions that can be reverted to bin or iso again.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have the best compression (even if it is non native zip,7z) options for Saturn, CD-I, 3DO, Commodore CDTV, Commodore Amiga CD32, Sega CD, and NEC Turbografx-16-CD?

As far as I know, if you don't want to zip or 7zip isos for the systems you mention here, your only bet would be to compress them in NTFS, but I don't know how much space you'd spare using NTFS compression, you could try with some isos after the compression, comparing and seeing if it will worth keeping this way or not.

This topic is fantastic. Just converted a Dreamcast title by unzipping its gdi file + bunch of .bin ones into the same folder as the conversion tool.  Double click and voila!  I got a new file called "4 Wheel Thunder (USA).gdi.chd". I should point out that Rocketlauncher didn't see this file until I removed '.gdi' from the filename and called it "4 Wheel Thunder (USA).chd" which it then recognized and booted up fine.  Expecting I have to then batch process them through a renamer that edits this out or am I missing something?  All the same, THANK YOU for this thread and to the creators of this!!

Also a tutorial I found called "How to Play Dreamcast Games on Android" states terminology I don't know about yet... "The acceptable game formats for Reicast are: gdi, cdi, chd (compressed images, only chd images up to version 4 are supported, chd version 5 images are NOT supported).

Anyone know about chd having versions and how to avoid any pitfalls with potential compatibility issues?

UPDATE: Also, does anyone rezip the chd files into Rar5 or does that just get crazy?  Finally, can chds be renamed like any rom or are all the named bin files, etc stored within in a way that would mess up the data read?

Example: If I take the gdi and many bin files from Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es) and make a chd of the same name, can I rename it to Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future (USA).chd without consequence?

Found a great renaming command for Windows users:

Open Powershell from you start panel.

"CD" command over to your directory of files ending in .gdi.chd

Type the following:

Dir | Rename-Item –NewName { $_.name –replace “.gdi.chd“,”.chd” }

Hit enter

You should now have everything renamed without ".gdi" in it.

Sorry for the trilogy of me here. I found this tutorial for Philips CD-i here (you don't need to know french):

Using the batch utilities of this thread, I messed around with a copy of the .bat to try to simply do batch chd conversion for CD-i but can't get it to work. Anyone know a successful way to tweak the linked tutorial?

I only have a couple of CD-i images at the moment, and I haven't gotten RetroArch to play those yet... but I'll have to play with this in the future. I'm in the middle of converting my mess of a playstation library into PBPs finally.

Plus I'm getting married tomorrow and will be away until like the 18th haha.

I think I need to update this front page too with a bit of info...

I only have a couple of CD-i images at the moment, and I haven't gotten RetroArch to play those yet... but I'll have to play with this in the future. I'm in the middle of converting my mess of a playstation library into PBPs finally.

Plus I'm getting married tomorrow and will be away until like the 18th haha.

I think I need to update this front page too with a bit of info...

Good luck for the wedding dude! Hope you have a great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, annunaki12 said:

Hello

I tested and converted ps1 games to PBP and i have mixed results some games not working like *diablo, worms world party, etc 

Used last retroarch mednafen core

I want to know if someone have the same problem or i am doing something wrong

Yeah you're right, maybe we should get together these rare titles that won't work in PBP and make a list, so that people compressing to PBP will be aware since the start.

I don't have and don't plan having the PSX full set here, but I have plenty of titles, including Japanese games.

In my collection, I have five or six titles that won't work in PBP, they are:

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (USA)

Diablo (USA)

Road & Track Presents - The Need for Speed - (USA)

Road Rash - Jailbreak (USA)

Worms World Party (USA)

All are in Bin+Cue format.

Hey, in my experience sometimes the games don't convert correctly on the first try. If you still have you cue/bin version of those games, I'd compress it again and test again.

I just tested my copy of Symphony of the Night, which I have as a PBP and it works perfectly fine. Using Retroarch Mednafen core.

EDIT: I also just tested Diablo, and can confirm it works as cue/bin but does not work as PBP. So there definitely needs to be some testing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2016 at 9:52 PM, Aorin said:

You still should try Iso Buster, the Free and Pro versions don't differ too much, actually the trial/free version will ask you to register from time to time, and in between the batch process, nothing you can't handle.

If it helps someone, I had to use IsoBuster to convert the entire PSX set (About 1800 titles)... 

To enable Iggy's batch to work with the free version of IsoBuster you can use this simple AutoIt script to acknowledge the prompt.

You can download Autoit at https://www.autoitscript.com, simply but the script in the SciTE editor, build and run.

--- SNIP ---

while 1
    ;Local $hWnd = WinWaitActive("[TITLE:IsoBuster Professional]", "", 10)

Local $hWnd = WinWait("IsoBuster Professional")

; Activate the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
    WinActivate($hWnd)

Send("{LEFT}")
    Send("{ENTER}")
Wend

--- SNIP ---

PS. If I had other uses for IsoBuster I would have actually purchased a license - please consider buying a license if you have other regular uses for it (I didn't).

• 11 months later...

hi, If someone could help me.

I have made all my pc engine cd/turbographx cd to CHD with suceess and works on retroarch windows like a charm.

But I try my CHD set on shield tv with retroarch android and hyperspin and retroarch only load the "player" with choice of music without launch the game.

is CHD is supported by mednafen pc engine cd core on Android ?

thanks for your help

regards

pierre

• Aorin pinned and unpinned this topic

Archived