Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Background music request

NJDave71

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

lol I have a thread about this exact same thing right underneath this one.  No one responded to mine though hahaha.

Anyway, If this is a supported feature of HS 1.4 I'm MORE than happy to screw with it until we get it working.

On 5/21/2016 at 7:10 AM, kmoney2315 said:

It was supposed to have been fixed in Hyperspin 1.4 but I have never been able to get it to work.

What have you tried so far? I'm not even sure where to begin with it. I know how to replace wheels sounds, but I'd assume it's different than that.

• 2 months later...

Hey

I am trying to do this right now.. I put a mp3 into Media/Main Menu/Sound/background    but it does not play. If i rename fit to Background.mp3 will it work?  Can it play a random batch of MP3 in random order? that is what I would like to do.  I do not want the same mp3 or same playlist playing every time.

13 hours ago, demonseed said:

Hey

I am trying to do this right now.. I put a mp3 into Media/Main Menu/Sound/background    but it does not play. If i rename fit to Background.mp3 will it work?  Can it play a random batch of MP3 in random order? that is what I would like to do.  I do not want the same mp3 or same playlist playing every time.

I'm not sure, I can't seem to get a proper answer anywhere on what the file is supposed to be named. I feel like this is what the problem is that's stopping us all.

As for random, I'm not sure. I'd imagine it's possible if it treats background music like it does sound, but again... there's like no documentation of this stuff.

Hey

Yea see my current post about this.. seems they may have found a work around.. I have not tried it yet myself.

Hey

• 2 months later...

Figured out how to set it for individual games/systems, but unfortunately not for an over all "while your in the systems wheel".  That can be done by naming it the same name as your wheel/rom in the appropriate folder.

Found a really back door way.  You can set a track as a system exit sound and click in and then back out of said system.  However, it will be a random track if you have multiple, it does not repeat, and if you do it more than once they play over each other. :(

12 hours ago, pandacity said:

Figured out how to set it for individual games/systems, but unfortunately not for an over all "while your in the systems wheel".  That can be done by naming it the same name as your wheel/rom in the appropriate folder

So, if I understand correctly....

Let's say I want a song to play on my NES wheel.
It would then be:

Z:\Frontends\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Sound\Background\Nintendo Entertainment System.mp3

Is that right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, SkyHighGam3r said:

So, if I understand correctly....

Let's say I want a song to play on my NES wheel.
It would then be:

Z:\Frontends\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Sound\Background\Nintendo Entertainment System.mp3

Is that right?

Correct.  However it only plays while you have it highlighted on your wheel :/  It disappears when you enter.  Although, the other portion I mentioned with the Enter/Exit function works for that.  Again, it does not repeat though so once it is done it is done.  And if you go out and back in the track will still be playing and play a second cannon over its self.

Archived