Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HiToText (Hi score support)

Fyrecrypts

I also made a small guide to decipher a game a long time ago (never published)....

Most of it I think you already know but who knows....maybe it will help you

Deciphering the game

It's all about recognizing patterns.......and you start getting better at it in no-time ;-)

First off , make sure the game does save the scores (via nvram or in hi with the hiscore.dat)

To make things easier start the game and wait till the hiscore-table shows up and make a screenshot using F12

When you exit the game a hi or nvram is created if it didn't exist already.

Look at what kind of information you want to extract (the screenshot of the hiscore-table will give you a good indication)

Things such as :

Scores

Initials

Rounds

Coins used

Character used

Percentages

etc...

How to find them (using the screenshot of the hiscore-table and the nvram of hi file):

Scores: - each byte stands for one digit , for instance 01 03 02 05 00 00 = 132.500

- in the right order , for instance 13 25 00 = 132.500

- reversed , for instance 00 25 13 = 132.500

It also happens that the game only counts in 10 or 100 fold.....

Uncommon but it does happen , the hiscore is saved without the 1 or 2 zero's

For example :

07 50 and the hiscore-table reads 75000 (the program adds 2 zero's which are not in the nvram or hi)

1250 and the hiscore-table reads 12500 (the program adds 1 zero which is not in the nvram or hi)

Most of the time the scores are easy to detect and just use decimal values.

Occasionally the scores are in hex and you must convert them to decimals to compare them with the hiscore table of the game.

When in hex they can also be reversed etc.....

In many games the "hiscore in game" also gets saved. You'll then have two scores that are equal (always the highest score) . To find out which one is which you can hexedit one score and start up the game.

If it's the "hiscore in game" you'll see it when you play. If you see it in the hiscore-table it belongs to the number 1 score.

Initials: - in the right order , for instance 41 42 43

- reversed , for instance 43,42,41

- one of the above with padding between the initials , for instance (reversed) 00 43 00 42 00 41 00

* in the above examples 41 = A , 42 = B , 43 = C ( the results of all the examples in the above will be ABC in the hiscore-table)

The Initials are in hex. If you're lucky they are in ASCII and can be read in your hex-editor.

They can however be any value.

Most of the time you can add 1 to the value to get the next letter in the alphabet. Ocasionally you must add 2 to get the next letter.

If you're really unlucky they have no pattern (just play the game often and look what letter has what value)

A few examples of the most common ones:

00 = A

01 = B

19 = Z

----------

41 = A

42 = B

5A = Z

----------

00 = A

02 = B

32 = Z

Remember to get every character that can be put in the initials !

Some usefull hints:

Play the game and enter ABZ (this should get you the whole alphabet if there is a pattern, if there is a lowercase as well , you have to repeat it in lowercase)

For numbers you can do the same enter 019 as your initials

Play the game and enter all the other characters , for example ( ) ! < > - (you should really check them all by entering them even when it looks like it's all ASCII)

Play the game and enter a character and let the initials entry time-out and see how the rest of the characters get filled up !

One advice.......cheat.dat is your friend.

To understand the data of the nvram or hi you sometimes have to play often and get huge scores (so use cheats , it works a lot faster)

You can also hexedit the scores (if you can find them) to make it easier getting on the hiscore-table.

Round/Characters:

Most of the time they are only one byte large.

You can mostly find them near the scores or initials.

They can be in hex or decimals:

Round:

for example round 10 is in hex 0A or just 10 in decimals.

Characters:

for example 00 = HOMER , 01 = BART , 02 = LISA , 03 = MARGE

If you have a slight suspicion about a byte being a character or round , you can change the value of that one with a hexeditor to see what it does to the hiscore-table.

Dna Disturber :beer:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are (unfortunately) probably hundreds of ways for games to have scores sorted. Some are awkward, Crystal Castles stores the scores in sections. First 250 bytes are the last digits for all 250 scores, the next 250 bytes the middle digits, etc... Some use checksums like punch out. There are a few standard methods for storing data which you seem to have figured out, but on the whole I'd say about 20% of games require something unique.

Hi Torino,

Here are some other examples I came across (scoring-wise)

All the ones you have mentioned above but then reversed

for instance:

Reversed ASCII_6 --> 987,500 = 00 00 05 07 08 09

Reversed HEX_6 --> 987,500 = 00 75 98 (time pilot)

Last one can be very tricky with default hiscore table with like 10,000

and you have 5 bytes....

It would look like it's the normal one (not reversed), came across that multiple times

10,000 = 00 00 01 00 00

There are also hex scores (metal slug)

Hex 987,500 = 0F 11 6C

Can't remember if I encountered a reversed Hex , I thought I did but it's rare

Hex + a zero behind it (pengo)

There are also ASCII scores

ASCII 987500 = 39 38 37 35 30 30

Came across 2 games , so it's pretty rare

Great, thank you.

"10,000 = 00 00 01 00 00" does not look right if you write the whole number down: "0010,0xx" ...unless the counter actually shows 7 digits. -- In any case I obviously need to rename those formats in order to allow for even greater diversity, unfortunately. Luckily, as long as those formats conform to some rules and map linearly/continuously they can be searched for and found by the cracking algorithm, pretty much in the same way we can find it with our eyes - by looking for some "pattern".

I will now comment on other "crazy formats" that I think would be hard to search for and require specialized algorithms. I am afraid some of those games would still need to be cracked manually, or perhaps semi-manually, and I hope there is not too many of them, so more troubling I think is how to define such "random" formats in the database and still keep it all simple for the other games.

For example my ".dat" file has this entry for Donkey Kong: "5 0 | 7 34 6 173 | 15 34 3 80", and thats all it needs to know in order to read and write to "dkong.hi". The program found those numbers by itself since it knew what pattern to look for, and the same algorithm should work for any other game that uses "ASCII_6" format and if score/name entries are evenly spaced in the memory, but if the format is more "random" than "ordered" it's not only hard to look for particular entries, but also once cracked it would be hard to "describe" in general terms and without addressing every single entry individually.

For now I use *relative* and very general format description, for it does not matter if the order is reversed, and offsets too can be both positive and negative, so I can read the data from end to start and define all the reversed byte formats as "mirrors cases" with just one flag.

And the very odd ones for instance joust:

The score:

The score consist of 1 digit per byte , the first 4 bits of a byte are always F

For example :

4.000 looks like : F0 F0 F0 F4 F0 F0 F0

123.450 looks like : F0 F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F0

That kind of stuff makes it all very tedious to implement. -- In any case, I would like to base the decision on what byte formats to include in auto-cracking tool in relation to how common particular format is. If there is just a few games using something like that then they could be cracked manually and the program should still be able to read & write hi-scores once it knows how to shift those numbers and obtain correct values. The program does not really need be able to crack every format, just know how to use them. Additional effort would then be required to include those formats into auto-cracking algorithm.

For instance Qbert:

The score:

It's one digit per byte (7 bytes total)

05 00 03 00 24 24 24= 5030

The score is made up by 7 bytes, they get filled at the back with 24h (spaces)

other examples

800 would look like:

08 00 00 24 24 24 24

150.400 would look like:

01 05 00 04 00 00 24

2.750.300 would look like:

02 07 05 00 03 00 00

Ay, why do they have to do that. It all really depends on how many games do such things, but in any case cracking tool should be useful, even if only to crack just "names" and show them in readable format so to make "scores" easier to find and crack manually, or vice versa.

Alternatively, there is some logic and pattern in that format as well, and if more than, say 10% of games used it I suppose it would be justifiable to included it in the crack-format database, still though, this "crack-wizard" is only meant to assist, but even if it only ends up working 50% of the time, it would still be better than doing it all manually, or so it would seem.

Hope this helps

That was fantastic, it saves me a lot of time and I can now think a little bit more in advance than before.

And about the characters, I would like to see at least some non alphabet characters in it......especially in the games where you can put more than 3 characters in.... Like - or ! and numbers , so just the regular ones.

But that's my opinion.

As for deciphering the characters I think you should check some of the old post that are on byoac forum in the HiToText thread with the decipher data in it.

There are two problems, two "mappings".

23 --> 58 --> "black & red heart symbol"

First number is the actual number in ".hi" file, second number is mapping to our systems character set, and for A-Z this mapping should be simple linear shift, but for any other symbols this same offset number would most likely not map to appropriate characters any more, however all those symbols would still get to be mapped - somewhere, it's just that non-letters like exclamation mark might translate to question mark, or smiley face, or whatever gibberish symbol from the ASCII set, and it should really be up to front-end or web-server to provide this second mapping and adequate representation for those symbols, which can be done on top of first "shift" mapping.

As long as the feature itself exist so additional characters CAN be mapped I don't think the main development should be too much concerned about actually providing those extra definitions and include all the mapping for all the games, we only need to provide what is necessary and make it simple enough so any enthusiastic user could extend, or even completely change, this default mapping themselves.

I agree at least some other characters would be welcome, but if we have to choose between supporting 90% of the games with only A-Z, or supporting 20% of the games fully, then I am ready to welcome the sacrifice of all the other characters, except the alphabet itself, and leave the extended mapping for the future, while certainly keeping it in mind to allow for easy expansion. Let's first finish the project and improve it later, rather than looking for the completeness and perfection all along the way and never actually get to finish it at all.

There are (unfortunately) probably hundreds of ways for games to have scores sorted. Some are awkward, Crystal Castles stores the scores in sections. First 250 bytes are the last digits for all 250 scores, the next 250 bytes the middle digits, etc... Some use checksums like punch out. There are a few standard methods for storing data which you seem to have figured out, but on the whole I'd say about 20% of games require something unique.

30% would be depressing, but 20% is ok, although I expected it to be less than 10%, and I really did not even dream the formats would run so wild, but on the other hand I think most of the games can actually be auto-cracked fairly easy, which I hope to demonstrate by the next week.

I think if the average user could decipher every 3rd game with auto-cracking tool it would be "good enough", so the two thirds would be left to us to either fix manually or improve cracking algorithm, whichever seem more optimal solution for the given number of remaining games.

"10,000 = 00 00 01 00 00" does not look right if you write the whole number down: "0010,0xx" ...unless the counter actually shows 7 digits.

Oops my bad....... :hmmmm2:

I had edited the post and added the one with hex + zero...

It's the one above that.

Just wanted to let you know that in some cases you really need real hiscores (not from the initial scoreboard) otherwise you don't know if it's reversed or not...

So it should have been:

Reversed ASCII_6 --> 987,500 = 00 00 05 07 08 09

Last one can be very tricky with default hiscore table with like 10,000

and you have 5 bytes....

It would look like it's the normal one (not reversed), came across that multiple times

10,000 = 00 00 01 00 00

Yes, just like ideal name entry is "ABZ", as opposed to "AAA", so for the scores ideal entry will also have all of the places populated and different, so to produce "unique pattern", like "984,750", as opposed to "1,000".

The same goes for manual cracking, if we want to make it less error prone we have to make scores and names easy to recognize among all the other bytes, so we can be more certain about their starting point and byte length, as well as to properly identify their formats.

That's also why there have to be at least two entries given to cracking-tool and supplied in hi-score file, so algorithm can double-check the format and in case there is no match algorithm loops to a different format and continues to compare until it finds both entries in the same format.

Once complete match is found program calculates starting point and location difference between the fields of the 1st two entries and with this relative offsets prints out the whole scoreboard, then it checks with user whether everything looks as it should - if not, it's tough luck, but if yes it saves new game definition to the database and from then on this game's hi-score file should be supported for reading, writing and merging.

Hi-Score Wizard: hsw-v01.zip

=======================

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywgx3agths06u3z/hsw-v01.zip

NAME formats: 	Normal, Reverse, Padding, Rev+Padd
SCORE formats:	ASC_6_6, RAS_6_6, ASC_6_3, RAS_6_3, 
	ASC_5_5, RAS_5_5, ASC_5_3, RAS_5_3, 
	HEX_6_3, RHX_6_3, HEX_5_2, RHX_5_2, 
	ASC_4_4, RAS_4_4, ASC_4_2, RAS_4_2

"ASC_" = ASCII		 	 "RAS_" = Reversed Asc.
"HEX_" = Hexadecimal 	 	 "REX_" = Reversed Hex.

"x_" = 1st number says how many digits are in the format 
"_x" = 2nd number says how many bytes store that value

amidar.hi     anteater.hi   apb.hi        arabian.hi    arkanoid.hi
asteroid.hi   bagman.hi     bankp.hi      blueprnt.hi   boblbobl.hi
bombjack.hi   boomrang.hi   brubber.hi    btime.hi      bullfgt.hi
calipso.hi    cclimber.hi   circusc.hi    commando.hi   congo.hi
crush.hi      csilver.hi    digdug.hi     dkong.hi      dkong3.hi
dkongjr.hi    docastle.hi   dorunrun.hi   dowild.hi     fnkyfish.hi
frogger.hi    futspy.hi     galaga.hi     gberet.hi     gng.hi
gunsmoke.hi   gyruss.hi     higemaru.hi   hopmappy.hi   ikari.hi
imsorry.hi    ironhors.hi   jailbrek.hi   jjack.hi      junofrst.hi
kchamp.hi     kicker.hi     kungfum.hi    ladybug.hi    mappy.hi
mario.hi      matmania.hi   mhavoc.hi     mikie.hi      missile.hi
mmonkey.hi    mrdo.hi       mrviking.hi   nibbler.hi    pang.hi
pengo.hi      pepper2.hi    pingpong.hi   pooyan.hi     popeyebl.hi
raiden.hi     rescue.hi     rocnrope.hi   scramble.hi   tempest.hi
theend.hi     timeplt.hi    travrusa.hi   turtles.hi    tutankhm.hi
upndown.hi    vanvan.hi     wboy.hi       yiear.hi      zaxxon.hi

EXAMPLE [R]EAD USAGE: hsw r dkong.hi

EXAMPLE [C]RACK USAGE: hsw c dknog.hi

* delete game definitions from "hswizard.dat" to crack them again

Most of the games I tried were cracked successfully, the other ones fall in several different categories. Some games are not yet supported for the sake of simplicity, like the ones that use more than 6 digits counters, then some games use rare formats so there was no point including it auto-cracking algorithm. There are also hi-score files which produce multiple matches, so those results need to be verified manually, and some games use no logical character mapping or number formatting what-so-ever, they have to be both cracked and defined manually, or so it would seem. By the way, the source code and all those hi-score files are included in the zip as well.

1.) EASY - can be included in auto-cracking wizard

starwars, airwolf:

* scores w/ more 6 digits

wboy, ???:

* shifted ASCII score format

2.) MEDIUM - need manual verification or mapping

congo, mario, zaxxon:

* multiple HI-SCORE matches

timeplt, gyruss, ambush:

* need manual char mapping

3.) HARD - need manual cracking, and maybe not?

gng, 1942:

* unsorted scores in memory

mappy, qbert:

* random/unique score formats

In summary, I think this auto-cracking method in its first release can already support 70% of the games. Cracking is really fast and easy once hi-score file is ready with proper scores and initials. If people could supply all the ".hi" and ".nv" files with some nice scores I suppose I could crack all the games myself in the next two weeks. -- Opinions, comments, questions?

Fyrecrypts & Dna Disturber,

You are not really interested in this project, I just wasted my time and I should not really expect any further posts in this thread, not even a simple comment about my magnificent solution, right?

- If I have eight hours for cutting wood, I spend six sharpening my axe.

Fyrecrypts & Dna Disturber,

You are not really interested in this project, I just wasted my time and I should not really expect any further posts in this thread, not even a simple comment about my magnificent solution, right?

- If I have eight hours for cutting wood, I spend six sharpening my axe.

Are you an impatient guy or what.........

You do realise I have a life besides this hobby....didn't realise I was on the clock here...

I suggest you ask a few volunteers to test it out and get some feedback and suggestions....as I'm putting a lot of time in another project I don't have much time......

But I wouldn't put any volunteers on the clock too much .......:hmmmm:

Sounds like you're making some head way in to hi-score sharing torino, I would really like to see something like this eventuate.

Have you had any ideas on how to avoid cheating?

If people could supply all the ".hi" and ".nv" files with some nice scores I suppose I could crack all the games myself in the next two weeks. -- Opinions, comments, questions?

I'm happy to upload all my ".hi" and ".nv" files, just let me know where you want me to upload them to.

Q2.) My primary interest for your tool is to share hi-scores online. For example Twin Galaxies or MARP could keep the database of hi-score files to reflect current submitted records so people could actually see those scoreboards inside the game itself. -- Was this not your original intention and purpose for HiToText?

Q3.) I have a simple .BAT script that uses free shared "web-folder" account to act as server for smaller circle competitions, so for example a group of friends can beat each others records with "Live Internet Scoreboard", to make it all more interesting. -- What do you think about it?

I really like the idea how you can have groups so just you and your friends can share scores.

I'd also like the option where the world record is the number one score then the rest are just you and your friends score where only the top score of each person is on the list. That way the top score table is not all one person's initials when someone is really good at one game.

Does something like this sound doable?

Are you an impatient guy or what.........

You do realise I have a life besides this hobby....didn't realise I was on the clock here...

I suggest you ask a few volunteers to test it out and get some feedback and suggestions....as I'm putting a lot of time in another project I don't have much time......

But I wouldn't put any volunteers on the clock too much .......:hmmmm:

Impatience is important part of being optimal, and very appropriate in this particular situation. It is me who suggested you how to complete this project. Take it or leave it. I don't quite understand how you turned this around as if it is me asking something from you. -- You were interested when I initially made the proposal, which is why I realised it with the 'proof of concept' solution, so I find it strange you have nothing to say about it now that it's actually done.

Have you had any ideas on how to avoid cheating?

Yes, with 'input recordings', it's just the question who will be responsible to watch and verify them. Twin Galaxies have referees to do this, while at MARP every participant is also a referee too. In the first case scores are unpublished until verified and proven valid, while in the other case scores are immediately published but can be disqualified later on.

I'm happy to upload all my ".hi" and ".nv" files, just let me know where you want me to upload them to.

It does not seem there is more than a few people actually interested to use any of this, so I don't think it's worth the effort, but I suppose if you have nice collection, with good scores, you could upload it in case the situation changes and someone else decides to complete the project.

I really like the idea how you can have groups so just you and your friends can share scores.

I'd also like the option where the world record is the number one score then the rest are just you and your friends score where only the top score of each person is on the list. That way the top score table is not all one person's initials when someone is really good at one game.

Does something like this sound doable?

Yes, that can be done with HiToText and simple .BAT script. On the other hand my solution would need to have special function for that type of merging since it's doing it internally, but that's as easy to write as the .BAT script.

Impatience is important part of being optimal, and very appropriate in this particular situation. It is me who suggested you how to complete this project. Take it or leave it. I don't quite understand how you turned this around as if it is me asking something from you. -- You were interested when I initially made the proposal, which is why I realised it with the 'proof of concept' solution, so I find it strange you have nothing to say about it now that it's actually done.

Well , my mistake then......

I was under the impression that you wanted to create another program.

Wanted to help and give as much information as I could.

I definitely would have tried it out but I never got the chance.....

After 4 days away I read your post about not responding and that dempened my enthousiasm.

Retroborg is interested and wants to help and is also part of the Hitotext project.

Maybe he would also want to test and help out on your Hiscore-Wizard program (and maybe others).

No reason to abandon a great program just because we have different opinions on how to spend our free-time.

• 2 weeks later...
Dudes, it's really "impossible" or just "too dificult" to hack neo geo games memory in order to save hiscores? Anyone interested on help (teach :)) me on how to do it?

Hi groo,

Some Neo Geo games have already been added to HiToText.

Metal Slug Series

Neo Turf Masters

But the problem is that at the moment the games that use nvram do not display in hyperspin.

It takes a change in hitotext or hyperspin to make that work.

Because of that the neo geo games were put on hold I guess , since you only see them when you use hitotext on the commandline.

The difficulty depends on the games itself.......Neo Turf Masters was really hard....but the metal slug's were quite easy.

If you are interested a couple of posts back there is an explanation on deciphering the game.

When you have a hexeditor you could try and figure a game out.

If you read the first post you can find out stuff regarding the xml-file that's being used to insert new games into hitotext (Cananas made a tutorial for it)

It's a lot to take in but you get better at it in no time...

• 4 months later...

There have been earlier troubles with people using the u-versions....

When they used the official release and compiled that one it all worked (again).

So my advice would be only to use the official releases.....

Dna Disturber :cheers:

P.S. Can't help otherwise I'm afraid , Fyrecrypts is not really active anymore on the forum....

Just one thing I can remember is that people had stuff from old versions of hitotext in their folder and that caused crashes.....

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
I still have hope for this project. It's a shame Fyrecrypts isn't active anymore. I hope someone can at least attempt to revive this :(
Thats a big +1 for me too!!!

I Love this app.

But support for HiToText unfortunately seems to be dead now so FWIW....

Im pretty sure after cycling this a few times I've found a bug.

Whether its in HS or HiToText I'm not sure but it makes sense to me that it would be HS.

***The bug***

So when running HS in single system mode for Mame (really the only system HiToText supports),

HiToText will not work.

Ive been gravitating towards running single system Mame lately with guests

to avoid too much game choice overload for them and me having to be the administrator

instead of me gettin my funk on which is how I found this out.

Just thought I'd pass it on!!!

This is to use for database creation. For some reason Hyperlist wont accept it and create a database for me.

Maybe somone else will have better luck.

Hitotext-Parents Only v.11\04\2010

10yard
1943kai
1943kai
19xx
4dwarrio
8ballact
actionhw
ad2083
afighter
agress
airattck
airbustr
airduel
airwolf
ajax
alexkidd
alibaba
alien3
aliens
aliensec
aliensyn
alpine
altbeast
amazon
ambush
amidar
angelkds
animaljr
anteater
apb
aquajack
arabfgt
argus
arkanoid
arkarea
arknoid2
arkretrn
armedf
armora
armorcar
assault
astdelux
asterix
asteroid
astyanax
athena
atlantis
atomicp
aurail
avengers
baddudes
bagman
balonfgt
bankp
barrier
barrier
batsugun
battlcry
battlex
battlnts
bermudat
berzerk
bioatack
bjtwin
blktiger
blockout
bloodbro
blueprnt
bnzabros
bombjack
boomrang
boxingb
brkthru
brubber
btime
bublbobl
bullfgt
bzone
cabal
calipso
captaven
carnival
cburnrub
ccastles
cclimber
centiped
chasehq
circusc
ckong
cleopatr
columns
columns2
commando
congo
contra
crash
crush
crzrally
daioh
dariusg
dazzler
ddonpach
ddragon
ddribble
deadeye
defender
demon
digdug
digdug2
dino
djboy
dkong
dkong3
dkongjr
dockman
dogfgt
domino
dommy
dorunrun
dotron
dowild
dragnblz
dynagear
elevator
enigma2
esprade
evilston
exerion
exprraid
extrmatn
eyes
fnkyfish
freeze
frogger
frogs
fshark
funkybee
funnymou
futspy
galaga
galaxian
gaunt2
gauntlet
gberet
geebee
gigawing
gijoe
gijoe
gng
gunsmoke
gwarrior
gyruss
headon
headon2
headoni
hexa
hvysmsh
hyperpac
hyperspt
hyprduel
imgfight
indianbt
invaders
jack
jackal
jjack
jjsquawk
joinem
journey
joust
joust2
junglek
jungler
junofrst
kamikcab
kangaroo
kchamp
kick
kickridr
killcom
kingball
klax
knights
kungfum
ladybug
levers
logicpro
loverboy
lrescue
m660
m79amb
madalien
mappy
marble
mario
matmania
megablst
megadon
mermaid
metafox
metlclsh
metrocrs
mhavoc
mikie
milliped
mimonkey
minefld
missile
mk
mk2
mmonkey
mole
monsterb
montecar
mooncrst
moonwar
mpatrol
mrdo
mrdrillr
mrgoemon
mrviking
ms5pcb
mslug
mslug2
mslug3
mslug4
mslug5
mslugx
mspacman
msword
mtlchamp
mwalk
narc
naughtyb
navarone
nemesis
nitd
nmouse
nova2001
olibochu
omegaf
orbitron
outzone
pacland
pacmania
pacplus
paperboy
paradise
pbaction
pengo
phoenix
pirates
pisces
pleiads
pooyan
popeye
puckman
pulstar
punchout
qb3
qbert
qbertqub
qix
qwak
raiden
rastan
redbaron
redclash
redufo
ripoff
roadrunn
robocop
robotron
rocnrope
rompers
rpatrol
rthunder
rtype
rtype2
rygar
s1945ii
sasuke
satansat
saturn
sbagman
sci
scramble
sdtennis
seawolf
seawolf2
sf2
shadoww
sheriff
silkworm
simpsons
slapfigh
snowbro2
solarq
spdodgeb
spectar
speedfrk
spf2t
spnchout
sprint1
srumbler
starcas
starwars
steelwkr
streakng
subroc3d
sundance
superbug
suprmrio
swimmer
szaxxon
tailg
tankbatt
tapper
targ
tazmania
tempest
terracre
tetris
theend
timber
timeplt
tinstar
tmnt
tmnt2
toki
trackfld
trackfld
travrusa
troangel
tron
turfmast
twincobr
uniwars
unsquad
upndown
valtric
vendetta
videopin
vigilant
viofight
wallc
waterski
wb3
wboy
woodpeck
worldwar
wotw
wrally
xmen
xmvsf
xsleena
yiear
zaxxon
zoar
zodiack
zombraid
zookeep
zzyzzyxx

Hitotext-Parents and Clones v.11\04\2010

10yard
10yard85
10yardj
1941j
1942a
1942b
1942w
1943j
1943kai
1943kai
1943u
1944d
1944j
19xx
19xxa
19xxb
19xxd
19xxh
19xxj
19xxjr1
4dwarrio
8ballact
8ballact2
8ballat2
8bpm
abscam
actionhw
ad2083
afighter
agress
agressb
airattca
airattck
airattcka
airbusb
airbustj
airbustr
airbustrb
airbustrj
airduel
airwolf
airwolfa
ajax
ajaxj
alexkid1
alexkida
alexkidd
alexkidd1
alibaba
alien3
alien3u
alieninv
aliens
aliens2
aliens3
aliensa
aliensec
aliensj
aliensj2
aliensu
aliensy1
aliensy2
aliensy3
aliensy5
aliensyn
alphaxz
alpine
alpinea
altbeaj1
altbeaj3
altbeas2
altbeas4
altbeas5
altbeasj
altbeast
altbeast2
altbeast4
altbeast5
altbeastj
altbeastj1
altbeastj3
amatelas
amazon
ambush
ambusht
ambushv
amidar
amidarb
amidaro
amidars
amidaru
amigo
angelkds
animaljr
anteater
anteatg
anteatgb
apb
apb1
apb2
apb3
apb4
apb5
apbf
apbg
aquajack
aquajckj
arabfgt
arabfgtj
arabfgtu
area88
argus
ark1ball
arkangc
arkangc2
arkanoid
arkarea
arkatayt
arkatour
arkbloc2
arkblock
arkgcbl
arkmcubl
arknid2j
arknid2u
arknoid2
arknoidj
arknoidu
arknoiuo
arkretrn
arktayt2
armedf
armora
armorap
armorar
armorca2
armorcar
armorcar2
assault
assaultj
assaultp
astdelu1
astdelu2
astdelux
astdelux1
astdelux2
asterix
asterixj
asterock
asteroi1
asteroi2
asteroib
asteroid
astrxeaa
astrxeac
astyanax
athena
atlantis
atlantis2
atlantol
atlantol
atlants2
atomicp
aurail
aurail1
auraila
aurailj
avenger2
avengers
avengers2
baby2
baby3
baddudes
bagman
bagmanmc
bagmans
bagmans2
bagnard
bagnarda
balonfgt
bankp
baraduke
barrier
barrier
batman2
batsugna
batsugun
battlcry
battlex
battlntj
battlnts
battlntsj
batugnsp
bermudaa
bermudaj
bermudao
bermudat
bermudata
bermudatj
berzerk
berzerk1
bioatack
bjtwin
bjtwina
bktigrb1
bktigrb2
blktiger
blockout
blockout2
blockoutj
bloodbra
bloodbro
blueprnj
blueprnt
bnj
bnzabros
bnzabrsj
boblbobl
bombjac2
bombjack
boomrana
boomrang
boomranga
boxingb
brix
brkthru
brkthruj
brubber
btime
btime2
btimem
bub68705
bubbobr1
bublbob1
bublbobl
bublbobr
bullfgt
buraiken
bzone
bzone2
bzonec
cabal
cabala
cabalbl
cabalus
cabalus2
calipso
captaven
captavna
captavne
captavnj
captavnu
captavua
captavuu
car2
caractn
carnival
carnvckt
caterpil
cbnj
cburnrb2
cburnrub
cburnrub2
ccastle1
ccastle2
ccastle3
ccastlef
ccastleg
ccastlej
ccastlep
ccastles
ccboot
ccboot2
cclimber
cclimbrj
centipb2
centipd2
centipdd
centiped
centtime
chasehq
chasehqj
chasehqu
chthang
chtmsatk
chtmspa
circusc
circusc2
circusc3
circuscc
circusce
ckong
ckonga
ckongalc
ckongb
ckongg
ckongjeu
ckongo
ckongs
cleopatr
column2j
columns
columns2
columnsj
commandb
commandj
commando
commandu
condor
congo
contra
contrab
contraj
contrajb
cosmicm2
cosmicmo
crash
crazypac
croquis
crush
crzralla
crzrallg
crzrally
ctrpllrp
daioh
dariusg
dariusgx
darthvdr
dazzler
ddonpach
ddragnba
ddragnw1
ddragob2
ddragon
ddragonb
ddragonu
ddragonw
ddragoua
ddribble
deadeye
defcmnd
defence
defendb
defender
defendg
defendw
defndjeu
demon
desterth
digdug
digdug2
digdug2a
digdug2o
digduga1
digdugat
digdugb
dino
dinoj
dinou
dizzy
djboy
djboya
djboyj
dkngjnrb
dkngjnrj
dkong
dkong3
dkong3b
dkong3j
dkongf
dkongjo
dkongjo1
dkongjp
dkongjpo
dkongjr
dkongjre
dkongo
dockman
dogfgt
dogfgtj
domino
dommy
dorunrca
dorunruc
dorunrun
dotron
dotrone
dowild
dragnblz
drgninja
dynagear
dzigzag
eagle
eagle2
eagle3
earthinv
elevatob
elevator
elevatorb
eltonpac
enigma2
enigma2a
enigma2b
esprade
espradej
espradeo
evilston
excthour
exerion
exerionb
exeriont
explorer
exprrada
exprraid
exprraida
extrmatj
extrmatn
extrmatnj
extrmatnu
extrmatu
eyes
eyes2
eyeszac
falcon
falconz
fantazia
fasthang
fasthear
fastmspa
fastplus
faststrm
fnkyfish
forcebrk
freeze
frogf
frogg
frogger
froggermc
froggers
froggers1
froggers2
froggrmc
frogs
frogseg1
frogseg2
fshark
fsharkbt
fstmsatk
funkbeeb
funkybee
funkybeeb
funnymou
futspy
gaiden
galaga
galaga84
galagab2
galagads
galagamf
galagamk
galagamw
galagao
galap1
galap4
galapx
galaxb
galaxbsf
galaxiaj
galaxian
gallag
galmidw
galmidwo
galtaito
galturbo
gatsbee
gaunt2
gaunt2p
gauntir1
gauntir2
gauntlet
gberet
gberetb
geebee
geebeeb
geebeeg
gigawing
gijoe
gijoe
gijoej
gijoeu
gng
gnga
gngbl
gngblita
gngt
gradius
grescue
griffon
gryzor
gteikoku
gunsmoka
gunsmoke
gunsmoku
gunsmrom
gwarrior
gwinga
gwingb
gwingj
gwingjd
gyruss
gyrussce
hangly
hangly2
hangly2x
hangly3
hanglyad
hanglyx
headon
headon2
headonb
headoni
headons
heartbrn
hexa
hpolym84
hvysmsh
hvysmsha
hvysmshj
hyperpac
hyperspt
hyprdelj
hyprduel
hyprolyb
hyprolyb
hyprolym
hyprolym
imgfigho
imgfight
indianbt
invader4
invaders
invadrmr
jack
jack2
jack3
jackal
jackalj
jjack
jjsquawb
jjsquawk
joinem
journey
joust
joust2
joustr
joustwr
joyman
juju
jujub
jungleh
junglek
jungler
junglers
junofrst
junofstg
kamikcab
kangaroa
kangarob
kangaroo
karatedo
karatevs
kchamp
kchampvs
kick
kickc
kickman
kickridr
killcom
kingbalj
kingball
kkgalax
klax
klax2
klax3
klaxd
klaxj
klaxp1
klaxp2
knights
knightsj
knightsu
korosuke
ktiger
kungfub
kungfub2
kungfud
kungfum
ladybgb2
ladybug
ladybugb
levers
logicpro
lordofk
loverboy
lrescue
lrescuem
m660
m660b
m660j
m79amb
madalien
madaliena
madalina
makaimuc
makaimug
makaimur
maketrax
maketrxb
mappy
mappyj
marble
marble2
marble3
marble4
marble5
marblea
mario
marioe
marioj
mariojp
marioo
masao
matmania
mazeman
mcombat
mcombata
megab
megabj
megablst
megablstj
megablstu
megadon
mermaid
metafox
meteorho
meteorts
metlclsh
metrocra
metrocrs
mhavoc
mikie
mikiehs
mikiej
millipdd
milliped
mimonkey
mimonsco
mimonscr
minefld
missile
missile2
mk
mk2
mk2chal
mk2r14
mk2r21
mk2r32
mk2r42
mk2r91
mkla1
mkla2
mkla3
mkla4
mkprot8
mkprot9
mkr4
mkyawdim
mlander
mmonkey
mole
monkeyd
monster2
monsterb
monsterb2
montecar
monwar2a
mooncmw
mooncrgx
mooncrs2
mooncrs3
mooncrsa
mooncrsb
mooncrsg
mooncrst
mooncrsu
moonwar
moonwar2
moonwara
motorace
mpatrol
mpatrolw
mranger
mrdo
mrdofix
mrdot
mrdoy
mrdrillr
mrdu
mrgoemon
mrlo
mrpacman
mrviking
mrvikingj
mrvikinj
mrvikngj
ms4plus
ms5pcb
ms5plus
msatk2ad
msatkad
msbaby
msbaby1
mschamp
msdstorm
mselton
msf1pac
mshangly
mshearts
msindy
mslug
mslug2
mslug3
mslug3b6
mslug3h
mslug4
mslug5
mslug5h
mslugx
msmini
msminia
mspac6m
mspacat2
mspacatb
mspacatk
mspacman
mspacmat
mspacmbe
mspacmnf
mspacpls
mspacx
mspatkx
msrumble
mssilad
msword
mswordj
mswordr1
mswordu
mtlchamp
mtlchamp1
mtlchampa
mtlchampj
mtlchampu
mtlchmp1
mtlchmpa
mtlchmpj
mtlchmpu
mwalk
mwalkbl
mwalkj
mwalku
myqbert
narc
narc3
naughtya
naughtyb
naughtyba
naughtybc
naughtyc
navarone
nebulbee
nemesis
nemesisuk
nemesuk
newpuc2
newpuc2b
newpuckx
newtangl
nextfase
nitd
nkdodge
nkdodgeb
nmouse
nmouseb
nov2001u
nova2001
nova2001u
npacmod
olibochu
omegaf
omegafs
orbitron
outzone
outzonea
outzoneb
outzonec
outzonep
pacgal
pacland
pacland2
pacland3
paclandm
pacman
pacmanf
pacmania
pacmanjp
pacmanm
pacmini
pacmini2
pacmod
pacplus
pacstrm
paddle2
panzer
paperboy
paradise
pbactio2
pbactio3
pbaction
pengo
pengo2
pengo2u
pengo3u
pengo4
pengob
penta
pestplce
phantom
phantoma
phoenix
phoenix3
phoenixa
phoenixb
phoenixc
phoenixj
phoenixt
piranha
piranhah
pirates
pisces
piscesb
pleiadbl
pleiadce
pleiads
pootan
pooyan
pooyans
popeye
popeyebl
popeyef
popeyeu
porter
portman
puckman
puckmana
puckmanf
puckmanh
puckmod
pulstar
punchita
punchout
qb3
qbert
qberta
qbertjp
qbertqub
qberttst
qix
qix2
qixa
qixb
qixo
qwak
raiden
rallys
rastan
rastanu
rastanu2
rastsaga
rbtapper
redbaron
redclash
redclsha
redclshk
redufo
ripoff
roadrunn
robocop
robocopb
robocopj
robocopu
robocopw
robocpu0
robotron
robotryo
rocnrope
rocnropek
rocnropk
rompers
romperso
rpatrol
rpatrolb
rpatrolo
rthunder
rthundro
rtype
rtype2
rtype2j
rtypeb
rtypej
rtypejp
rtypeu
rushatck
rushcrsh
rygar
rygar2
rygar3
rygarj
ryukenda
ryukendn
s1945ii
sasuke
satansaa
satansat
satansata
saturn
sbagman
sbagmans
sci
scia
scij
sciu
scramb2
scramblb
scramble
scrambls
sdtennis
searthia
searthin
seawolf
seawolf2
sf2
sf2a
sf2b
sf2e
sf2j
sf2ja
sf2jb
sf2ua
sf2ub
sf2ue
shadoww
shadowwa
sheriff
sicv
silkworm
silkwrm2
silvland
simps2pa
simps2pj
simps4pa
simpsn2p
simpsons
sinvasn
sinvasnb
sinvemag
sisv
sisv2
sitv
skyshark
skywolf
skywolf2
slapbtjp
slapbtuk
slapfgtr
slapfiga
slapfigh
smooncrs
snowbro2
solarq
solarwar
spacbatt
spaceatt
spaceftr
spaceplt
spacewr3
spartanx
spcdrag
spcdraga
spceking
spcewars
spctbird
spdodgeb
spectar
spectar1
speedfrk
spf2t
spf2ta
spf2xj
spf2xjd
spnchotj
spnchout
sprint1
sprmatkd
srumbler
srumblr2
starcas
starcas1
starcase
starcasp
startrkd
starwar1
starwars
starwars1
steelwkr
stellcas
streakng
strfbomb
subroc3d
sundance
supcrash
superbug
superg
suprmatk
suprmatkd
suprmou2
suprmous
suprmrio
sutapper
swarm
swimmer
swimmera
swimmerb
szaxxon
tailg
tankbatt
tapper
tappera
targ
targc
tazmani2
tazmania
tazzmang
tempest
tempest1
tempest2
tempest3
temptube
terracra
terracrb
terracre
tetris
tetrisaa
theend
theends
thetogyu
timber
timeplt
timeplta
timepltc
tinstar
tinstar2
tiptop
tmht
tmht2p
tmnt
tmnt2
tmnt2a
tmnt2pj
tmnt2po
tmntj
tmntu
tmntua
toki
tokia
tokib
tokiu
topgunbl
topgunr
tornado1
tornado2
trackflc
trackflc
trackfld
trackfld
travrusa
treahunt
troangel
tron
tron2
tron3
tron4
turfmast
twincobr
twincobu
typhoon
uniwars
unsquad
upndown
valtric
vautour
vautourz
vendetta
vendetta2p
vendetta2pd
vendetta2pu
vendettaj
vendettar
videopin
vigilant
vigilntj
vigilntu
viofighj
viofight
viofighu
vs10yard
vs10yardj
vs10yardu
vs10yarj
vsyard
vsyard2
wallc
wallca
waterski
wb3
wb31
wb34
wb3a
wb3b
wbdeluxe
wboy
wboy2
wboy2u
wboy3
wboy4
wboy4u
wboyo
wboyu
weststry
wexpresb
wexpresc
wexpress
wexpressb
wexpressb2
woodpeca
woodpeck
worldwar
wotw
wotwc
wrally
wrallya
wrallyb
xmen
xmen2p
xmen2pj
xmen6p
xmen6pu
xmenj
xmvsf
xmvsfa
xmvsfar1
xmvsfb
xmvsfh
xmvsfj
xmvsfjr1
xmvsfjr2
xmvsfr1
xmvsfu
xmvsfu1d
xmvsfur1
xsleena
xsleenab
yachtmn
yankeedo
yard
yellowcb
yellowcj
yiear
yiear2
zarzon
zaxxon
zaxxon2
zaxxonb
zero
zero2
zoar
zodiack
zolamaze
zombraid
zookeep
zzyzzyx2
zzyzzyxx
zzyzzyxx2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I recently upgraded to hyperlaunch 2.0 and roughly since then, the highscore text in the mame wheel disappeared.

I have the hi folder and the hiscore.dat file and mame 0.142 modified and mame.ini setup (basically nothing has changed).

And I'm using the .140 BBB ahk file.

Do you know if there's anything I need to do to re-enable hiscores?

oh and the hi folder is populated properly with mame hiscores, it's just that they're not appearing in hyperspin anymore. thanks for your support!

Thanks

Luca

Ok it actually works afterall, sorry for my previous post.

I found however that only a few hiscores are actually showing in hyperspin. ( for instance 1941 shows up, 1942 doesn't).

I downloaded HiToText from the google source page and the latest hiscore.dat from http://highscore.mameworld.info/download.htm

It seems the HiToText xml supports only a subset of the available hiscore.dat games, are there more up to date resources available?

THanks a lot for all your help and all the volounteer work that made this possible :)

Luca

• 4 weeks later...
Thats a big +1 for me too!!!

I Love this app.

But support for HiToText unfortunately seems to be dead now so FWIW....

I very much enjoyed working on this project, but as time went on my interest faded, and the work became repetitive. After having my second child, taking on new responsibilities at work, and a separate project taking over my interest I decided to put HiToText on the back burner. Fast forward to now, and I have a new and more demanding job, a third kid, and that side project I'm working on has blown up within that community and taken over what little spare time I actually still have. My interest in MAME has waned severely as well, which hasn't helped.

I would like to apologize for not giving any updates or information for the past few years, and honestly, I didn't really know it was missed. It's such a small drop in the vast MAME community bucket, and everything was open-sourced (free-sourced, you can even make commercial projects out of the code if you wanted) I kind of assumed people would use it and augment it how they needed, or continue to contribute to the hiscore.dat and HiToText.xml file. If I've forgotten some piece of code, I do still have all my older project folders and stuff in the cloud, but I'm fairly sure it's all there on sourceforge or even the arcadecontrols forum link. Should have everything.

Sorry all, but I don't have plans to continue working on HiToText, and I'm sorry for not informing everyone at the time of my decision years ago. =(

Archived