Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin as Shell: Easy Exit to Windows

redtapemedia

Shelling is one of the things I have left to do on my cabinet.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and am wondering if this process works on Windows 7

What is the best method for shelling in Windows 7?

Thx

I'm in the same boat as you.

It seems that this thread started a long time ago when XP was prominent. I've been searching for weeks on getting HS shelled correctly on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Is there anyone out there using Windows 7 64bit and actually got this working?

I've changed the registry to launch HS, which DOES work...the only drawback on windows 7 (or at least that I've experienced) is that you cannot access Windows if needed. I would like the option to exit to the desktop if needed.

I press ctrl+alt+delete>task manager>start new task>explorer.exe

this does NOT start up windows. This opens a "My Computer" window. The desktop remains black...no taskbar...no icons...no wallpaper.

I've also tried ctrl+alt+delete>task manager>start new task>explorer shell:desktop

This opens a Window with all of my desktop items in it...

Are there any Windows 7 users out there that have got HS shelled? If there is, you are a rare breed that needs to share their knowledge with the rest of the HyperSpin users :-P

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was gonna gonna shell Hs on win 7 the same as i did on windows xp but it failed to start explorer as the shell when exiting Hs. i have my pc set to shut down when the power button is pushed so no need for me to have a way to shut it down in Hs but alas i thought bout reinstalling xp just to try this way and see if it worked for me.

Has anyone found a mirror for this tool yet since megupload is no longer available? If not, does anyone know of a different app that has the same functionality?

I could write my own app to do this but figured there was no sense in reinventing the wheel.

Has anyone found a mirror for this tool yet since megupload is no longer available? If not, does anyone know of a different app that has the same functionality?

I could write my own app to do this but figured there was no sense in reinventing the wheel.

Nevermind, I read on page 7 that you can create your own autohotkey script and compile that as an exe. Here's the script I am using:

runWait "C:\Program Files\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe" "D:\WindowsHiding\ipac\console-default.ipc"

runWait "D:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe"

runWait explorer

• 3 months later...
http://www.mediafire.com/?57dnedexdn375n2

I make no guarantees with this, haven't run a machine with this since 2010 or so, and I've never checked it with anything other than XP. It's the exact file that was upped back in 2008 or whenever it was.

Could you post the actual script before it was compiled as i would need to edit it as my program location is not on c: drive

Thanks Much!!!

Nevermind i found a program to revert it back to .ahk so all set

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I use instant sheller with xp. Hides windows perfect.

Question 1... Does Instant Sheller run what's in Startup? Or does it only process startup options from the reg??

Question 2... Has anyone used QuickSheller? How does it compare to the above?

Thanks,

Ron

I'm not positive but I know if I have stuff in the start up it doesn't work well using instant sheller. In instant sheller you pick your start up program (hyper spin). I needed another program to run also so I made an ahk exe that basically said run, hyper spin then run, arcade perfect (program I needed). This worked very well.

• 3 months later...

My Hyperspin run a Windows XP Shell by a reg mod, simple changing the original shell "explorer.exe" to "HyperSpin.exe" but have a troube, the intro video of HyperSpin don't show, only sound... HSShell resolves this?

In my method i changed the boot, login screen, wallpaper and shell... explorer are hidding sucessfully, but no hyperspin "intro" show :(

PS: Another thing... HSShell only work if HyperSpin is located at C:\Hyperspin ? =/

Thanks

Archived