Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

ScummVM on Shield TV

Norkusa

Setting up my Shield TV with ScummVM and I'm confused about the format for the games being used with it. The Libreto Wiki page for the ScummVM core says it uses exe's as a compatible rom extension. Every uncompressed ScummVM rom I have though is just a folder with a bunch of files inside of it.

Can I use games in folders like this, as long as they're named properly? Or can they ONLY be exe's with the game name in the title? (laurabow.exe, kq1.exe, etc...)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not very familiar with the Scumm emulator but my immediate impression was that most of the games won't be much fun with a game controller.  

Has anyone seen a subset/rom list of those games that make sense with console/arcade controls?

I played a lot of ScummVM games on a modded Xbox + PSP and most of the games have simple point-and-click controls that can be played easily with a regular controller.

I loaded the ScummVM core in Retroarch and was able to launch a game (unzipped folder) and it seems to play ok. Just having problems with the emulator exe path in my settings .ini. Anyone know the correct path for ShieldTV? 

[exe info]
path=H:\Hyperspin\Emulators\ScummVM\
rompath=Emulators/ScummVM/roms/
userompath          = true
exe=org.scummvm.scummvm/org.scummvm.scummvm.SCUMMVMActivity
romextension= bat,exe,zip

• 2 weeks later...

I played a lot of ScummVM games on a modded Xbox + PSP and most of the games have simple point-and-click controls that can be played easily with a regular controller.

I loaded the ScummVM core in Retroarch and was able to launch a game (unzipped folder) and it seems to play ok. Just having problems with the emulator exe path in my settings .ini. Anyone know the correct path for ShieldTV?

[exe info]
userompath          = true
any luck? Should I unzip my roms?

any luck? Should I unzip my roms?

No luck yet, I get this message when I try loading roms "Warning - Attempting to launch invalid emulator(s): org.scummvm.scummvm/org.scummvm.scummvm.SCUMMVMActivity"

Launched a few roms inside Retro Arch though and they loaded fine, so it must be my settings file. Just not sure how to fix it.

Could only get unzipped roms to work, so yep, unzip them.

[exe info]
userompath          = true

Try this :)

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

romextension=exe,scum

parameters=scummvm_libretro_Android.so

You'll have to extract them from their folders, and just have all the files in one folder, I can't see any other way around it.

hey sting since I can get these to play on retroarch can I just change the path to the system folder? You have to load these games into the system to play so it keeps them and has save states so it must be in system somewhere. Just a thought

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have success getting hyperspin to run scummvm games? I have the shield TV on latest FW, 5.0, Retroarch 1.4.1 with ScummVM core loaded and the stand alone ScummVM emulator. I have many systems set up in Hyperspin so I know how to do that. The stand alone ScummVM app works well for me on the STV. If I try to run that emulator from hyperspin, I get an error stating the emulator is incompatible. In retroarch, I load the ScummVM core, load content, a compatible scummvm 1.9.0 game and it runs but when I close the game, retroarch shows the DOSBOX core loaded. So I load the scummvm core again and try "start core" and retroarch crashes. I dont know where the issue lies. Maybe the STV 5.0 FW? Maybe someone else can try this. Thanks for any help.

Norkusa had the same error: Warning - Attempting to launch invalid emulator(s): org.scummvm.scummvm/org.scummvm.scummvm.SCUMMVMActivity"

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Pouteur said:

Hi guys,

Any news with scummvm on shield tv and hyperspin.

Did someone succed to launch a game ?

Trying with retroarch core but can't get anything.

No, I gave up.

I can start the core (within RA) and access the black and green GUI. However when I try to add games, I can't choose a directory. I read about creating .scummvm files to put in the game directories but from what I understood the games still needed to be added with the Scummvm GUI for those to work.

Currently I just launch the Scummvm Android app from SPMC/KODI and choose the games to play from there.

2 hours ago, nevertheleader said:

What format is your hard drive that you are using on the shield ? Im a newbie 

A bit off topic BUT since you asked...I bought a Seagate Firecuda and a USB3 enclosure...it's a hybrid drive, like they use internally on the Shield Pro. I chose to have it as adopted storage. The Shield TV will do the format and adopted the drive

• 1 month later...

Hi, it's folder, in the database u have to use a / like

</game>
  <game name="Beneath a Steel Sky/Beneath a Steel Sky" index="" image="">
    <description>Beneath a Steel Sky (CD VGA)</description>
    <cloneof></cloneof>
    <crc></crc>
    <manufacturer>Revolution Software</manufacturer>
    <year>1994</year>
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
  </game>

You also need a file in .scummvm in your game folder.

Her is the ini :

rompath                = Emulators/ScummVM/roms/
userompath            = true
exe                    = com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension        = scummvm
parameters            = cores/scummvm_libretro_android.so
searchsubfolders    = false
pcgame                = false
winstate            = HIDDEN
hyperlaunch            = true

Archived