Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Norkusa

ScummVM on Shield TV

26 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Its the best way to do it. If you have never come across it you wouldn't really know

It crossed my mind it might be an issue with the wireless KB BUT I've never heard of the problem personally. have a k400 which I let my mother use for her HTPC. I do also have another Logitech keyboard for my rig, which should pair directly with the STV. It was before they used the "unified dongle"...might be worth seeing what happens using that.

I grabbed a USB be one from work recently.

hate using a keyboard on the Shield, doubt I will use it unless Amiga ever gets out of limbo or the RA devs need something testing.

may have it plugged in permanently when I have a Gaming desk, if I ever finish this stupid diy stuff off :) 

40 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I grabbed a USB be one from work recently.

hate using a keyboard on the Shield, doubt I will use it unless Amiga ever gets out of limbo or the RA devs need something testing.

may have it plugged in permanently when I have a Gaming desk, if I ever finish this stupid diy stuff off :) 

Have you considered an Arcade coffee table for the lounge? Those cheap Ikea tables are dead easy to cut open and drop a panel in there. That way the wife can have the TV and you have a dedicated screen and private listening through the STV gamepad...no need to put the arcade sticks in as most people have done. You can "tinker" and still spend quality time together ;)

c61cfaf2510d3db0e9932b5307f213d7.jpg

Ok...just got home from work..also tried kq3.....idk about a prompt but it booted str8 to the game....for this one u need a wireless keyboard that is recognized as a keyboard and not gamepad like my logitech k400...I can type and move with the keyboard shown in the pic...

20180423_193808.jpg

3 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Ok...just got home from work..also tried kq3.....idk about a prompt but it booted str8 to the game....for this one u need a wireless keyboard that is recognized as a keyboard and not gamepad like my logitech k400...I can type and move with the keyboard shown in the pic...

20180423_193808.jpg

Thanks Mike and everyone else for your help.  I also have a Logitech K400 so I'm guessing that's my issue.  I'll invest in a keyboard that works then!

6 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

Thanks Mike and everyone else for your help.  I also have a Logitech K400 so I'm guessing that's my issue.  I'll invest in a keyboard that works then!

No worries. Question is what to buy!

I tried my Logitech MX5000 which connects to the STV directly via Bluetooth (no unified dongle). As soon as I press a key, RA flashes up a gamepad is detected. So it's not just the K400 from Logitech with the issue. Apparently the issue is to do with Keyboards reporting to Android they are both a gamepad and KB when they have "Special buttons".

What Sanchez is using looks like the Rii brand of mini wireless keyboards. I've had them bundled with RPI kits, they're "OK" but it wouldn't be my preference. Being an old skool gamer I played Doom and other DOS classics on KB, I'd prefer the full layout. I tried a generic USB keyboard with a USB extension cable and it worked fine with RA and KQ3.