Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to install HyperSpin

ghutch92

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I am tearing my hair out.

Basically I spent ot on a "pre-configured" harddrive" as I found the whole setup of hyperspin and RL so very stressful.Obviously it was rubbish and incomplete so I deleted all info and decided to bite the bullet and try again,and again,and agin.No joke I have followed several tutorials and failed miserably every time.I have also tried other front ends and cant manage to set the up either.No joke I have spent in excess of 40 hours over the last few months trying.This is making me proper stressed.I am not a complete PC idiot but am an ordinary guy who gets stressed and finds the whole process impossible.Its not like I havent tried,honestly.Its no reflection on "simply austin" or other guides.Its me!

What is the answer?Its there anyone in Cambridgeshire area willing to help me or should I just give up?I have MAME running just fine but want a more modern setup with preview vids etc etc.

Thanks for listening

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you have mame setup get some Roms for the same version as you have then go from there, I started using mameuifx and it's pretty easy to setup....then get HS going....if roms don't run outside of HS they won't run inside it

Newbie here! trying to make my Lenovo ThinkCentre as retro gaming machine. Corei5, 8gb memory and 1TB. what do you think guys? is this enough

What speed is the CPU and you didn't mention a graphics card. An integrated GPU probably isn't going to cut it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I see alot of cool things that can be done using HyperSpin but I just cant get it to work. I have went through different walk through but all seem to be out dated. Can anyone point me to the Newest one? I have downloaded the latest HyperSpin and Rl, I have MAME 0.220 64, I can launch games through RL without issues but I must be missing something ting it all together. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated 

12 hours ago, kevtherev said:

I see alot of cool things that can be done using HyperSpin but I just cant get it to work. I have went through different walk through but all seem to be out dated. Can anyone point me to the Newest one? I have downloaded the latest HyperSpin and Rl, I have MAME 0.220 64, I can launch games through RL without issues but I must be missing something ting it all together. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated 

Start here. 

https://youtu.be/87Hd5GowMx4

1 hour ago, kevtherev said:

Ok tried full reinstall using the videos put still I am unable to launch roms from Hyperspin

You really need to tell us what you have done to be able to help. The logs for RocketLauncher and Hyperspin would also help. The log for HS is in the root folder and for RL you need to set logging level to troubleshooting and then post the log here via pastebin.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Just doing a bit of research and come across this thread. I did look at PinballX but what software (Frontend and Emulator) do you recommend using for a setup if just starting out please? At the moment I have two screens but will get a DMD eventually because they look cool.

I'm happy to go and research myself. Just need some pointers. I built my own upright arcade cabinet using a Raspberry Pi3 with Retropie and a frontend and now I've built a pinball machine. Obviously planning to run this on Windows.

Thanks in advance,

DtM

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sledge said:

Where do we get rocketlauncher from these days?

Trying to login and i get database error, try to create a new account, i get database error...

From http://rlauncher.com

What are you logging into? Only certain modules have been updated which you will have to find in the forum posts. 

I'm trying to log in to rlauncher.com to download the files...

But i ended up find a mega.nz link for version 1.2 (hopefully that's the newest)

trying/fighting to do a fresh install on windows 10 of everything ;)

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2013 at 1:44 PM, ghutch92 said:

Right up under the [Main] line add Hyperlaunch_Path= C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

Under [Main] there are 8 lines of script and the 9th line has "Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\". Is this to be removed or left as is and add the above script just under [Main]?