Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
hello

for contactors 24v, it must use relays. also knocker 24v? for everything that plugs into the ledwiz must put diodes? fuse 500ma for everything?

You don't need a relay for the contactors. The knocker will need a 12v relay (relaying 24v) unless you use Zebulon's Ledwiz Booster Boards (not sure they are still available). You need diodes on any coil based device (contactors and relay, not sure about the gear motor). Fuses should be 500ma, but if you have the booster board, you don't need a fuse bank.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I found on ebay:

Quantity: 1 pcs

Power: 5W ~ 10W

Emitted Color: RGB + White

Wavelength: Red - 620-630nm, Green - 520-535nm, Blue: 450-465nm

Intensity Luminous (Iv): 370LM ~ 430LM

DC Forward Voltage (VF): ~ 4.0 Vdc 3.4Vdc

DC Forward Current: 350mA ~ 700mA

DC Forward Current (IF): 750mA Typ

Diameter: 20mm

Viewing Angle: 110 Degree

I must take strength by how much?

12v power.

11 ohm?

• 2 months later...

I've been following this build since it started and have been one of the many quiet hoverers round here for many years. I REALLY enjoy your work Chris and the help you've provided me to understand many things. I've still got a lot to figure out. My biggest hurdle has been with the availability if certain products and how they relate here in the US. Regardless..... on to my question. I FINally have my brand spanking new 32 and 46 in the boxes today and was going to start chopping wood. The one dimension I haven't come across or read how you figured was from the front of the pinball table to where it meets the bottom of the playfield. This would be the section where the lockdown bar goes across. How did you figure how far back to make your cut in the side for the playfield to lay? I have the mechanism already if that's of any interest. I was going to wait until I had final dimensions to order my custom bar. Can you help with that measurement? Thank you!

Edit: I'm dumb. I see now after looking at the pictures from way back when (instead of my dimensions) that you started the cut from the TOP at the length of the uncovered lcd towards the bottom. Duh. Not sure why I didn't see that before. Sorry for my silly question. Again, thank you for your wealth of knowledge!

Just wanted to say that this was the first thread Dazz ever linked me here and over the last 3 years I've been collecting what I need to build my own cabinet.

I'll be starting right after xmas as the final parts of my build are coming as presents from my wife and kids, but I wanted to thank you for the amazing builds, posts and inspiration.

So, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any reason to use LedWiz instead of Pac-Drive and similar

IPac insead of GP-Wiz

?

There's little to no support for the Pac-Drive for cabinet use. GP-Wiz shows up as a gamepad, not a keyboard like the I-PAC. That can cause some issues with some setups, up to you to figure out if that's going to be an issue for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Another newbie question.

I ve got iPac2*. And I will use it for buttons of course.

But on the iPac board I've found some 9pin stuff to connect some leds I suppose.

Is there a possibility to use it to connect RGB buttons instead of all that Ledwizz stuff ?

Regards

* Ultimarc has sent me iPac in about 18 hours (from UK to my house in Poland) on 21st on December so just in the Xmas heat. I didn't suppose that it is possibile :). Cool and best wishes for guys

Another newbie question.

I ve got iPac2*. And I will use it for buttons of course.

But on the iPac board I've found some 9pin stuff to connect some leds I suppose.

Is there a possibility to use it to connect RGB buttons instead of all that Ledwizz stuff ?

Regards

* Ultimarc has sent me iPac in about 18 hours (from UK to my house in Poland) on 21st on December so just in the Xmas heat. I didn't suppose that it is possibile :). Cool and best wishes for guys

Here is what the 9 Pin connector does:

What about LEDs?

To complete your control panel why not mount 3 LEDs? A pre-assembled harness is available with LEDs in black conical bezels similar to those used on early Atari games. The LEDs emulate the Caps/Num/Scroll lock keyboard LEDs. What these LEDs actually do depends on the game. In MAME some games flash the LEDs to indicate coin credits. Some games use the LEDs for indicating "power-up" or rapid fire status etc.

So to answer your question regarding using this instead of the Ledwiz the answer is no.

• 1 year later...

It's an oldie but goodie thread! Chriz, I don't know if you check in on this thread any longer but I am about to button up my build which, construction-wise, is very similar to this build.

When you assembled your bezel-less screen on the top and added the siderails, did you use anything to insulate the metal siderails form the now exposed electronics of the TV?

• 3 months later...

hi chriz, i'm looking for a good plounger and i think i have to take the sttng gun... where can i find? google hasn't been my friend during searching.

you said it's press sensitive: how can i control the pressing? i have only to connect to ipac?

thnx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived