Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My MAME 0.172 HLSL settings

scoodidabop

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

This is my first time posting. I love the settings and thanks for sharing them. I have a question about an issue I have.

When I add rounded corners a portion of the screen is clipped from the left and right.

I have some images for your review. Any advice is apreciated. Thanks again!

post-116420-0-86890200-1466267609_thumb.jpg

post-116420-0-62972800-1466267680_thumb.jpg

Hello all. Happy Fathers Day.

So I recently updated my MAME from 169 to 173. Been playing around with the new HLSL settings on and off most all day.

Simple question...and I have seen it mentioned but can not find an answer, if there is one....

Some of the slider settings, for example, screen jidder, round corners will not save.

I have tried wiping the cfg's and setting a game specific ini.

I am wondering if I am not understanding the new hierarcy of the ini structure?

If anyone else has figured out a solution I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

You would only put them in a per-game ini if you needed/wanted specific settings just for that particular game.

I keep a Horizont.ini & a Vertical.ini and those cover 98% of all games just fine. Then a few that require specific settings such as Aaargh, Spy Hunter and Arch Rivals so they get their own ini's with their own individual settings.

Thx again.... I think I figured it out. Just a bit different than the old way. Google searching can sometimes be frustrating sifting thru everything.

Still not 100% sure on which files go where exactly, raster, vertical, horizontal, etc...I will get it sorted out with a bit more searching...

I just need to work on a few values...seem to be getting a slight moire effect on dark backgrounds.

Getting it there is part of the fun.

The files all just go in the INI folder. That's it.

For base ini's I keep a mame.ini ,vector.ini, horizont.ini (with no "al" on the end) & vertical.ini. I don't bother with a Raster.ini. I just noticed I also have a vector-mono.ini... I have no idea what that's for.

Any others would only be on an individual game basis. So for example I have specific ini's for all the multi-screen games that use their own special HLSL/GLSL setups.

Thanks again!  Your setups look great!

Would you mind sharing your horizont.ini?

Last night I did figure out that I was really overthinking this :)

Have a good one!

Matt

FYI - I uploaded my 0.173 ini files here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11712-griffin518s-best-of-mame-mameuifx-ini-files/ in case you want to try a pre-made set.

Thanks again!  Your setups look great!

Would you mind sharing your horizont.ini?

Right now I'm just using GLSL as my base for games. The only games I'm using HLSL with are the glitched rez games that Jezze posted a fix about up above, and those settings won't work right on a non-glitched game.

Use Griffins settings above if you want to use HLSL.

No disrespect to you guys Griff and Metalzoic but I took a different approach in my settings and wanted a pretty different look to what I saw you guys doing.  I always felt there was a "hotter" look to a CRT with brighter whites and colors with a darker shadowmask and scanline, which is what I built my own settings completely.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm partial to this approach.  Being that you guys have your own threads to discuss your settings (IIRC) it might be better to post your updates in those threads to so things don't get confused and followers of your threads stay current.  

Quick question. I pasted the settings in the first post to check them out. I'm running 174. But when I launch in hlsl I get a black screen but can hear the sound. When I launch in glsl the glsl shader works fine. Could that be a graphics card issue?

• 1 month later...

hello guys i am on version 171 now is it worth to upgrade? how it looks like with glsl und hlsl in the new version 176

i have a strange error with my x arcade now in two player mode for example hypersports i have massive input lag never had this before

this is why i will try a new version 

No disrespect to you guys Griff and Metalzoic but I took a different approach in my settings and wanted a pretty different look to what I saw you guys doing.  I always felt there was a "hotter" look to a CRT with brighter whites and colors with a darker shadowmask and scanline, which is what I built my own settings completely.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm partial to this approach.  Being that you guys have your own threads to discuss your settings (IIRC) it might be better to post your updates in those threads to so things don't get confused and followers of your threads stay current.

Hey man would you mind sharing your settings?

I'm way back on .161.1 and the settings I found on these forums for newer versions worked just fine.  I think I copied a folder from a newer build though that had those little swatches that the shaders used.  But it's looking great and working well for me.

hello everyone, quick question i hope you can help me with. I change my HLSL settings in my Mame Ini file but it never saves. i cant figure it out. I have Mame version 0.166 and usr Mame Fx.

If you launch MAME using HyperLaunch or RL make sure you have HLSL enabled in the module. If it's disabled in the launcher module then it will override your MAME.ini settings.

If you launch MAME using HyperLaunch or RL make sure you have HLSL enabled in the module. If it's disabled in the launcher module then it will override your MAME.ini settings.

Rocket Launder UI has all HLSL settings to true, it still won't save. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hmm.  Launch stand alone MAME.exe without using your launcher and if it works.  One other this is that if you're using my setting from this thread with 0.166 it might not work since there are added effects in 0.172 and newer and my settings contain those things.  

Archived