Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperHQ will not start

abear

I have Mame and Daphne set up and working great using Hyperspin and can access RocketlauncherUI, however, just recently I've been unable to launch HyperHQ. I get a message that it must be in the same directory as Hyperspin (it is, although I do have a backup directory on the same drive) Where is the .ini file which I can check to see how HyperHQ is being mapped?

I'm running Hyperspin on an external hard drive. Perhaps the computer is having issues reading it. I'll try to paste backup versions into the folder in hopes that it will read it correctly. Would hate to reinstall Hyperspin...

Found out the problem was a malware program in Windows Defender blocking HyperHQ from launching. Disabled Defender and boots normally. Have to figure out how to tell Defender that HyperHQ is our feiend

Found out the problem was a malware program in Windows Defender blocking HyperHQ from launching. Disabled Defender and boots normally. Have to figure out how to tell Defender that HyperHQ is our feiend

A lot of this going around today.

Open Defender, click the settings, all your options for making exceptions for your HS and RL files are there.

This is good to know, I just tried to open it last night and... nothing. Had no idea why, just went to bed instead lol.

Windows Defender is just ****ing awful. What we need is a way to permanently disable it.

Really? What's awful about it? Simple to use and it works giod, never gotten a virus using nothing but it (or MSE) as my AV on any computers. Already built in so protection right out of the box, no cost, no hassle etc...

Sent from my SM-G935V

Windows Defender is just ****ing awful. What we need is a way to permanently disable it.

It's a lot better than those craptastic malware/antivirus scanners and software firewalls. That's why Microsoft created it.

You still have to add exclusions to it like the HyperSpin directory. Malicious AHK scripts can do some pretty nasty stuff so I don't mind excluding directories that contain scripts and stuff from trusted sources.

Thank you!  Been pulling my hair out about this.  Only thing that worked was HyperLaunch.  Thought I had a messed up XML file or something.

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue!

Disabling the folder that HyperSpin resides in did the trick!

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Bump.

anyone else have this problem and get it fixed?  i have a brand new install, Windows 10, non ATI graphics card, followed the instructions and youtube videos on install of hypersin 1.33 with upgrade to 1.4.15 and then 1.4.16. 

RocketLauncherUI will load and run with no issues.  Neither HyperHQ.exe nor HyperSpin.exe will run.  Both processes appear in task manager then silently crash within a couple seconds.  i have tried running them in compatibility mode with no luck.  I am using windows defender and have tried making exceptions for folders and processes, tried disabling windows defender entirely with no luck.  No logs are being created for either of these programs.

any other troubleshooting steps that should be taken?

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem right now bwonish. This is the second time that HyperSpin, and HyperHQ suddenly stop working.

I've added Windows Defender exceptions for both the individual .exe files, and the entire HyperSpin folder. Nothing seems to work.

Anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any and all help.

Archived