Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

best choice of screen size for a virtual pinball

Rastaban

Hello ,

after some considerabe thought I have decided to buy a virtual pinball cabinet from VPCabs and I have chosen the model (LE-X) and I am left with a unexpected choice.

Initially I planned to go for a 42 inch screen but apparently the 39 inch screen fits in a standard size pinball cabinet and is the most sold model.

As I am more of a PC guy than a pinball purist, I am left with what screensize to chose. Do I go for the 42 inch or the more standard 39 inch. I can imagine that having a virtual pin the size of a regular pin would loke nice when its part of a pinball room, in a row of tables (all the same size), but mine will be placed in a arcade stye room with a Vewlix (home build) and a traditional candy cab (Sega Blast City) as companion pieces. When looking I notice that most 2012 or 2013 projects involve a 42 inch. I do see myself buying a traditional pinball machine at a later stage but its not high on the priority list.

I wanted to ask for some recommendations as I am unable to test wat is best for me given that virtual pinball cabs are nowhere to be found where I live.

I considered 46 as too large.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A 40" Insignia fits inside my Williams Standard body cabinet without decasing (just need to break off a piece of plastic that sticks down, but is only aesthetic.

Hi i,saw the Insigia tv at best buy this week, but just wondered if the picture quality of it is good enough for a virtual pinball...i mean regarding lag/shadow and all that fun.

How is the picture quality when you play?

Does the ball has some shadow or does it look real good?

I wanted to grab it as well as it fits perfectly in my cabinet, but it showed some bigger pixels on fast movements compared to the other tvs there.

Of course this could be store set up related...

If you check it out, please let me know how it looks like.

It's a cheap and easy set up if the quality is ok.

Thanks a bunch in advance

I wanted to grab it as well as it fits perfectly in my cabinet, but it showed some bigger pixels on fast movements compared to the other tvs there.

Of course this could be store set up related...

If you check it out, please let me know how it looks like.

It's a cheap and easy set up if the quality is ok.

Thanks a bunch in advance

I'm waiting on a couple parts to do basic testing on it.... updating my version of Windows, and waiting for my digital plunger from Virtua Pin. Keep on me about so I don't forget to update you. From the AV review threads I read online, as well as reviews, people seemed to like it. I'm no video-phile, so I may not be the best to ask, but I do give honest answers if there are specific things I can measure or look for.

http://alatest.com/reviews/tv-reviews/insignia-ns-40d510na15-40-class-39-1-2-diag-led-1080p-60hz-hdtv/po3-206457668,33/

I do have a 46" Insignia for my home theatre from a few years ago and the quality is pretty good for movies and and games.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the insignia 40" (bought 3weeks ago) working in my mock setup and it works great! no problem with lag or distortion. However after scouring the build posts all over the net I have decided to go with a 46" playfield. So now Im on the hunt for a 46"! LOL

Archived