Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin Path Selection & Subfolder Scanning

lilcza

Hey everyone,

I didn't see anyone really request this either so i figured i would.

It would be great if we could specify our Hyperspin Path so that those of us on Marshmallow that may only have 16 GB of storage and deal with the UUID being put in the path of any external drives can also use hyperspin.

Also if Subfolder directory scanning can be put in, that would make a huge difference for allowing emulators like ScummVM, DosBox and many other emulators that have romsets or data files of similar type finally usable. i searched for it and saw that it previously was not implemented, but it didnt state if it was not possible due to android issues or time constraints.

Thanks again!

Hey everyone,

I didn't see anyone really request this either so i figured i would.

It would be great if we could specify our Hyperspin Path so that those of us on Marshmallow that may only have 16 GB of storage and deal with the UUID being put in the path of any external drives can also use hyperspin.

Also if Subfolder directory scanning can be put in, that would make a huge difference for allowing emulators like ScummVM, DosBox and many other emulators that have romsets or data files of similar type finally usable. i searched for it and saw that it previously was not implemented, but it didnt state if it was not possible due to android issues or time constraints.

There was a thread a few weeks ago where a member had managed to make hyperspin search subfolders for PSX games. It was some additions to the ini but was a work around so needed something doing to the database, if your interested i will try and find it

Ok, so basically he edited the game name to match both the subfolder name and the game name. But by doing this, it requires a rename of all the media assets because it doesn't match the new game name. Got it.

This will be a great workaround for the MS-Dos setup and ScummVM game setup!.

Thanks!

Archived