Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

TurboGrafx 16 3D Boxes

RetroKenesis

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

@RetroKenesis! Just stumbled here!

PLEASE, tell me you have finished this set! :o

Unfortunately, No. But, I'm glad that you reminded me about this! Guess I got so overwhelmed with other projects and life in general that I forgot about it.I will get back on it this week bro!

3 minutes ago, RetroKenesis said:

Unfortunately, No. But, I'm glad that you reminded me about this! Guess I got so overwhelmed with other projects and life in general that I forgot about it.I will get back on it this week bro!

Glad to hear from you dude!
That was poetry to my eyes :)

I was checking boxes for TG16 and PCE and the PCE ones look like regular cd cases (with black or white front spine). Do you know if the PCE games came in boxes like the TG16 ones?

I want to help to finish this project @RetroKenesis:) 

How many boxes are left to make? Are you doing both TG16 and PCE? Let me know if my help is wanted/needed, or if you rather manage it by yourself :)

5 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I was checking boxes for TG16 and PCE and the PCE ones look like regular cd cases (with black or white front spine). Do you know if the PCE games came in boxes like the TG16 ones?

I want to help to finish this project @RetroKenesis:) 

How many boxes are left to make? Are you doing both TG16 and PCE? Let me know if my help is wanted/needed, or if you rather manage it by yourself :)

I only have 27 left to go. I think I can manage that but, If you want to help with PC Engine, that would be awesome. as far as I know, they ALL came in CD cases even though they were cards. If somebody hasn't done them already, I would totally be into helping you get it done.

Ok, so to be sure; Tg16 came in boxes and within the boxes a cd case with the card inside, and PCE came only directly in cd cases with the card inside?

I havent seen a 3d box set for PCE. They seem to be made in cases with black or white front spines. I can easily batch the 2d covers into the awesome cd templates from@SupraKarma in a couple of minutes, the hard work resides in reviewing which game goes with which front spine, and collecting the ~300 customd side spines (unless somebody has a good source for it).

I am in, as the PCE is my last system that lacks proper 3d boxes (except the n64 which I made with generic sides). 

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Ok, so to be sure; Tg16 came in boxes and within the boxes a cd case with the card inside, and PCE came only directly in cd cases with the card inside?

I havent seen a 3d box set for PCE. They seem to be made in cases with black or white front spines. I can easily batch the 2d covers into the awesome cd templates from@SupraKarma in a couple of minutes, the hard work resides in reviewing which game goes with which front spine, and collecting the ~300 customd side spines (unless somebody has a good source for it).

I am in, as the PCE is my last system that lacks proper 3d boxes (except the n64 which I made with generic sides). 

Sounds good to me bro!

Ok, after long reads and checks over the web, I found out that PC Engine came with black jewel cases until the end of 1991, and then started to produce the games in white jewel cases. So I will be sorting out the 2D covers in two groups (black and white), and use two different templates on them for accuracy.

However there is one thing that is being very difficult to find/achieve, and I think that for the first version of the set I will skip that step, and that is, the custom spine for each of the 400 games. This, unless somebody has a good source in which the spines are similarly scanned, so I can automate the trimming and perspective process.

Please let me know if you do, or if you don't, but have a standard spine template that can be a place holder for the first version of the set.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry @RetroKenesis for hijacking the topic with my nonsense. I will be opening a new one now for the PC Engine 3D box set, and will be waiting for this TG16 finished one bro! :)

On 4/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, Kondorito said:

Ok, after long reads and checks over the web, I found out that PC Engine came with black jewel cases until the end of 1991, and then started to produce the games in white jewel cases. So I will be sorting out the 2D covers in two groups (black and white), and use two different templates on them for accuracy.

However there is one thing that is being very difficult to find/achieve, and I think that for the first version of the set I will skip that step, and that is, the custom spine for each of the 400 games. This, unless somebody has a good source in which the spines are similarly scanned, so I can automate the trimming and perspective process.

Please let me know if you do, or if you don't, but have a standard spine template that can be a place holder for the first version of the set.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry @RetroKenesis for hijacking the topic with my nonsense. I will be opening a new one now for the PC Engine 3D box set, and will be waiting for this TG16 finished one bro! :)

No worries bro!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, how is this coming along? Would it be possible for you to post everything you have currently if you don't think you'll finish this project? Or maybe somehow i can get it from you personally? ;) These really look amazing.

Archived