Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

RocketLauncher is closing joytokey for some reason

martinc

Hi all,

I am having a weird issue and I can't find the solution. I hope you can, since you are more experienced than me for sure.

I have hyperspin 1.4 configured with RLauncher 1.0. I have configured joytokey 5.x to be started once HS is opened (thru hyperhq) and until then it is good. The problem is that once I close a MAME game launched by RLauncher, the joytokey progam is closed too (I assume RL is closing it but I can't find any conf about that) so from then I can't use HS anymore, unless it is opened manually again.

I searched and tested a lot but I can't find the cause for this weird behavior.

Any kind of help on this is very appreciated :)

Thanks,

Martin

More weird still... I moved to xpadder just in case it is an issue with joytokey, and the problm is still there: When Rlauncher closes to go back to HyperSpin menu, it ends xpadder also, exactly as it did with joytokey.

Is it just me? no one else had this issue before using Rlauncher?

Thanks!

Martin

• 1 month later...

OK BOOM, I got it...the new version of RocketLauncher (1.0.1.7) has a different setting than ALL of the tutorials explained out there because most of them explain for HyperLaunch and not RocketLauncher.  I actually have switched to Xpadder thinking that JoyToKey was broken.  Being how I like to not read everything, I had issues until I hovered over the Blue i buttons.

How I got it to work after following the tutorial:

Hyperspin Startup

HyperHQ > Startup/Exit > Startup Program = xpadder.exe or JoyToKey

Emulator Closes

General Settings > Third Party > Front End Profile Name = RocketLauncherUI

General Settings > Third Party > Frontend Profile = xpadder or JoyToKey

Archived