Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Worklog: Custom Vewlix - My first build

manicshere

Hi my fellow Hyperspinners.

I've been planning to build a cab ever since I discovered Hyperspin. More than a year ago I ordered all the necessary parts for building the cab of my dreams only to discover that the design I went for wouldn't fit through the doors to my apartment and my plans to make it separable would be way to expensive to do in Denmark. Since then I discovered the Vewlix styled cab and instantaneously fell in love. I scoured the web for the perfect plans to fit my needs as well as woodworking abilities.

Some time passed. I kept myself occupied by helping my brother out with his bartop build. Then finally Donnei contacted me regarding a design called the Newlix. A few days later I had the plans in my possession, ready to build.

What's special about the plans on ArcadeFromScratch is that you receive prints of the parts in a 1:1 scale, which makes it incredibly easy to draw the plans onto the MDF without having to measure anything. Only downside is that everything is in French. I managed to translate the plans myself and the guy behind the site is very friendly and helpful.

I'm almost done cutting out the pieces with a circular saw. Below is a couple of pictures some of the pieces I cut out (sorry for the quality - will improve these later).

IV0bC5S.jpg

External and internal side of the cab.

Q5pb9CO.jpg

Side of the bottom part of the cab as well as a side piece for the control panel.

Next step is to flush trim the opposite sides to get an identical piece. As well as using a 45° chamfer bit to achieve that iconic beveled edges the Vewlix is known for. Wish me luck!

I'll try to document my progress as much as possible.

Feel free to ask any question, post tips and comments regarding this project.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To do list:

• Cut out all the pieces
  • Route corners with 45° chamfer bit
  • Assemble the top arch
  • Assemble the sides
  • Assemble the base
  • Assemble the control panel 
  • Purchase various parts for the build
  • Purchase plexiglass 
  • Paint the cabinet 
  • Create and print artwork 

Real happy you've started on your first build. :) but I really wish you hadn't shown me that site, now I want to build "La Cocktail", man that's nice.

Me too, wish my French was better.

The Newlix is nice as well, I'll be interested in your progress.

Steve

Thanks guys. I agree, his stuff is awesome. He's quite active on facebook as well, where he updates what he is working on currently.

I want to mention that if I manage to build this thing and have it look half decent, then anyone can!

Next update will be on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks guys. I agree, his stuff is awesome. He's quite active on facebook as well, where he updates what he is working on currently.

I want to mention that if I manage to build this thing and have it look half decent, then anyone can!

Next update will be on Thursday or Friday.

Not me.

I wouldn't even know what end of a saw to hold!!!

Steve

That's looking really good to me and heads up to a good source just what I've been looking for la borne HD lol does he send to the uk. p.s there are some good sites on the internet etc to translate text just type in and hey presto translated.

That's looking really good to me and heads up to a good source just what I've been looking for la borne HD lol does he send to the uk. p.s there are some good sites on the internet etc to translate text just type in and hey presto translated.

He posted on his facebook that this particular model already has been shipped to Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Italy, England, Switzerland and France. The guy is very friendly. Contact him and sort something out. As for the translation I should be able to help you out in that regard. I have the stuff written down in English as well as additional information that can be helpful.

As for my build. Still ongoing. Nothing interesting to report. I rarely have time to work on it because it's at my grandparents place (they have a nice big workshop). Can't believe the ArcadeFromScratch guy assembled it in a mere 2 days. His skills are far superior to mine, but I have fun. Chipping away at it whenever I can ;)

hello guys,

Good job manicshere, I'm looking forward to see more. ;) And thanks

I am a member of this site gold long but the fact that it is in English because I do not often come from.

I came across post with great pleasure. it really makes me proud to see my babies manufactured worldwide. As said above, I can send worldwide at the same price in France.

I can send the instructions translated with google instead of the French version, but I do not know if that's good.

To write this post I use google translation, tell me if it's understandable.

I can also answer your questions or messages with pictures and photos.

Thank you for the positive comments I've read since I put all my heart and passion in these designs (and enormously time lol)

This is mine, your's will be exactly the same with other artworks, have you coosed your artworks?

post-43950-142870624137_thumb.jpg

Maxime

hello guys,

Good job manicshere, I'm looking forward to see more. ;) And thanks

I am a member of this site gold long but the fact that it is in English because I do not often come from.

I came across post with great pleasure. it really makes me proud to see my babies manufactured worldwide. As said above, I can send worldwide at the same price in France.

I can send the instructions translated with google instead of the French version, but I do not know if that's good.

To write this post I use google translation, tell me if it's understandable.

I can also answer your questions or messages with pictures and photos.

Thank you for the positive comments I've read since I put all my heart and passion in these designs (and enormously time lol)

This is mine, your's will be exactly the same with other artworks, have you coosed your artworks?

Maxime

Bonjour Maxime

Thanks for stopping by, good to hear from you.

I love your designs and hope to buy "La Cocktail" quite soon.

Translation was fine, quite understandable.

thank you

I try to correct the mistakes of google translation with my knowledge of English. It's probably not perfect.

As stated manicshere, I am more active on the facebook page because I'm not a webmaster and I made my own website, this is the first time I used joomla and it's difficult to me to update quickly.

The address of the facebook page where I put many more photos of my work or people who made the arcade cabinet with my prints.

Maxime

Finally got time to work on the project again and I manage to break the piece I was cutting WTF?! Well.. shit happens. Will be makings a new piece tomorrow and hopefully I will have learned my lesson.

Shit

On the arch?

you've bent the wrong way? or cut too deep? It must lead to a fall, I did mine the first time.

Maxime

Archived