Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Found a little trick to help with the dual config thing with retroarch if you don't have root.

This will allow you make the config file Hyperspin launches the same as the normal one

Works in RetroArch 1.3.6 & 1.4.1

Hyperspin launched games use retroarch.cfg located in root data/user/0/com.retroarch

Retroarch direct launched games use retroarch.cfg located in local storage (mine is) storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.retroarch

You can now access the root retroarch.cfg file from the gui

Steps

1. Go to settings->directory
  2. Change your config directory to "data/user/0/com.retroarch"
  3. Go back to main screen and find "load configuration"
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and load retroarch.cfg
  5. Change any settings required
  6. Go to -> "Save Current Configuration"
  7. Quit via the menu
  8. Reload RetroArch and reset you config directory
  9. Save Current Configuration

The main settings to change are the directory for System/BIOS & Configuration Directory

You will need to create the folders if they are not already availiable

Heres a rough video of the process

This is great.  There's still no way to make the Hyperspin-launched Retroarch point to the retroarch.cfg that is used when we launch Retroarch by itself right (the one we have write access to)?  Because the Hyperspin retroarch.cfg is located in folder that we don't have rights to, we can't reverse the A/B button numbers for the menu the way we can with the standalone RA right?

No I can't find a way to point it at the normal access retroarch.cfg although I did decompile the APK and find the set path. I just couldn't get it to install after recompile because it wasn't signed so gave up.

you can still swap A/B if your using per core configs. Probably if your using overrides aswell. May just have edit a cfg file. Although latest night lies have the A/B swap built in. I just have not upgraded yet so don't know Howe! I don't want to lose my cores

12 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

This is great.  There's still no way to make the Hyperspin-launched Retroarch point to the retroarch.cfg that is used when we launch Retroarch by itself right (the one we have write access to)?  Because the Hyperspin retroarch.cfg is located in folder that we don't have rights to, we can't reverse the A/B button numbers for the menu the way we can with the standalone RA right?

The new nightly has the buttons changed in default. Same as the shield button layout. Less confusing

15 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

Do you sideload the nightlies?  Is it worth updating to nightlies or will these changes make their way to the Play Store production version soon?  I usually prefer to stick with stable so my setup doesn't break ;)

Use Google on shield. I tried stable and my shield doesn't like it. Lots of freezing

Have to say, the nightly looks and behaves much nicer.  First game I tried was a MAME game.  My button A does what button 3 does in the arcade (jump).  My button B does nothing.  Button X does what button 2 does in the arcade.  Button Y does what button 1 does in the arcade.  I have an Nvidia Shield controller.  I guess I have to go through every core and reconfigure the buttons?  Maybe this is where I do some research on overrides so I'm using the newest "way" of doing things?

Thanks, this worked for me so I could fix three systems that weren't reading their bioses.

But I don't quite follow why you need access to data/data? The retroarch.cfg is in  data/user/0/com.retroarch as you mentioned?

I'm on 1.3.6, by the way.

I have forgotten the exact directories since doing this but recently broke my setup and have to test it again. Just can't find time at the moment.

i am thinking they are the same theoretical location but need to test. (I have adjusted my hyperspin apk to use the data/user directory) need to see if hyperspin data/data apk and my custom hyperspin data/user apk are reading the same retroarch.cfg to confirm)

Thanks Thatman84, this fixed the data/data bug for me on my Nvidia Shield and I can now see my custom cfg for each core I made. I still can't get hyperspin to launch my custom configuration with shaders and overlay. I have to load my custom config from the configuration menu everytime I start a game from with in hyperspin. Is there any way to force hyperspin to Launch my custom config per core? 

Wow... I should not try such things in the middle of the night. Took me like an hour to find out what I was doing wrong. The part about actually loading the HSA config somehow didn't sink in and I did always load the main config in Android/com.retroarch and save it to /storage/emulated/0/Retroarch/config. Until the penny finally dropped :morning2:

So my Android setup is making some progress now. I cannot get the Jaguar to anything though, even though the PC Windows Retroarch seems to be doing fine. (both are on 1.5.0 stable)

That is a great help, thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By reznnate
       Tested Emulators -- .ini config settings   Retroarch - Various emulators   exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture  parameters=<choose one of the emulator cores like below>   Examples of retroarch core parameters Atari 2600 core:  parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so PSX core:  parameters=cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro_neon_android.so   libretro cores:  4do_libretro_android.so  bsnes_mercury_performance_libretro_android.so  bsnes_performance_libretro_android.so etc...     Dolphin - Gamecube/Wii/Wiiware exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.activities.MainActivity parameters=AutoStartFile    Newer Builds from Dolphin Website:-   exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity parameters=AutoStartFile    IrataJaguar - Atari Jaguar  exe=ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar/ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar.MainActivity  parameters=rom   NES.emu - NES  exe=com.explusalpha.NesEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity  parameters=   MSX.emu - Colecovision, MSX, etc.  exe=com.explusalpha.MsxEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity  parameters=   Mame4Droid - MAME  exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid  parameters=   Mupen64Plus AE exe=paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity
      parameters=    Nightly builds exe=org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity parameters=     Play! - Playstation 2 exe=com.virtualapplications.play/com.virtualapplications.play.ExternalEmulatorLauncher parameters=   Reicast - Dreamcast  exe=com.reicast.emulator/com.reicast.emulator.MainActivity  parameters=   Drastic - Nintendo DS  exe=com.dsemu.drastic/com.dsemu.drastic.DraSticActivity  parameters=GAMEPATH   Fpse - PSX  exe=com.emulator.fpse/com.emulator.fpse.Main  parameters=path   ePSX - PSX  exe=com.epsxe.ePSXe/com.epsxe.ePSXe.ePSXe   parameters=com.epsxe.ePSXe.isoName  * change romext=cue in settings.ini, iso did not work for me   PPSSPP (FREE version) - PSP  exe=org.ppsspp.ppsspp/org.ppsspp.ppsspp.PpssppActivity  parameters=org.ppsspp.ppsspp.Shortcuts PPSSPP Gold - PSP             exe=org.ppsspp.ppssppgold/org.ppsspp.ppsspp.PpssppActivity              parameters=   uoYabause - Sega Saturn exe=org.uoyabause.android/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause
      parameters=org.uoyabause.android.FileNameEx
      Yaba Sanshiro
               exe=org.uoyabause.uranus/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause
               parameters=org.uoyabause.android.FileNameEx
      Gearoid - Sega Game Gear  exe=com.androidemu.gg/com.androidemu.gg.EmulatorActivity   Parameters=   Colem - Speccy ZX - fMSX VGBANext  Emulators from Garage Research  PAID  com.fms.colem.deluxe - Colem - Colecovision  com.fms.fmsx.deluxe - fMSX  com.fms.ines - iNES  com.fms.emu - VGBAnext - GBA/GBC/GB Emulator  com.fms.vgb - VGBc - Gameboy Color  com.fms.mg - Master Gear - Sega Game Gear  com.fms.speccy.deluxe - Spectrum Sinclair ZX  FREE  com.fms.colem  com.fms.fmsx  com.fms.speccy    Set "??" to "com.fms.emulib.MainActivity" for all products but VGBAnext.   For VGBAnext:  ??=com.fms.vgba.MainActivity for opening *.gba files  ??=com.fms.vgb.MainActivity for opening *.gbc/*.gb files   OpenBOR - 2D Game Engine (Some integration issues with Hyperspin)              exe=org.openbor.engine/org.libsdl.app.SDLActivity Parameters=   Launch android app package names in database.xml Determine Android game name through Google Play web interface. i.e. https://play.google....ure.dragonslair   pcgame=true
    • By StevieMac
      Hey Guys I know this isn't really a Hyperspin problem but I was hopeing someone has set up their PS3 controller on the shield without the problems I'm having.

I can get the pad working fine with everything plugged in or using Bluetooth (HyperSpin, KODI, etc) but the red lights are constantly flashing (trying to link to something?) if I turn off my Shiled the lights carry on flashing until the battery dies in the controller.
      Is this normal?
      When I turn on the Shield TV after the lights go out (the following day) I have to re plug in the controller using the USB & re connect it all over again which is a pain each time I want to use it as a normal navigation control.

Thanks for the help
    • By thatman84
      My Attempt at making Andriod, MAC, PC users 1st steps in to Hyperspin Android easier

This is an adjusted version of the Media and Databases that are included with Hyperspin Full Install 1.3.3

Tweaked and cutdown for use directly with Android devices (It will not directly work with a PC although you can merge it with a PC setup to aid the building of an Android setup)

Whats Included
      Indenticle Media files as 1.3.3 with some removals Pre configured Settings files Brief Android Emulator setup notes MAME Adjusted xml for 0.139 ROM set (Default one included also Outdated) Additional Settings files for 123 systems/collections (Provided by Badhemi)  

Systems Included & Emulators suggested

Atari 5200 (Retroarch MAME (Arcade) Core)
      Atari Lynx (Retroarch Handy Core)
      MAME (MAME4droid Reloaded (Red) 0.139v romset
      NEC TurboGrafx-16 (Retroarch Mednafen PCE Fast Core)
      Nintendo 64 (Retroarch Mupen64Plus Core or Glupen Core)
      Nintendo Entertainment System (Retroarch Nestopia Core)
      Nintendo Game Boy Advance (Retroarch VBA Next Core
      Panasonic 3DO (Retroarch 4DO Core)
      Sega 32X (Retroarch Picodrive Core)
      Sega CD (Retroarch Picodrive Core)
      Sega Dreamcast (Reicast 73e2691 2016_05_22 Build)
      Sega Game Gear (Retroarch Genesis Plus GX Core)
      Sega Genesis (Retroarch Picodrive Core)
      Sega Master System (Retroarch Picodrive Core)
      SNK Neo Geo (Retroarch FB Alpha Core)
      SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color (Retroarch Madnafen NGP Core)
      Sony PlayStation (Retroarch PCSX Rearmed Core)
      Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Retroarch BSNES Mercury Performance Core)

See this Thread for details

(Tutorial) Hyperspin Android Overview & Installation

Install Notes

To install this Hyperspin Android base pack

Step 1 - Combine the download parts

Extract the "Hyperspin 1.3.3 Android PT1" (Hyperspin.zip) file
      Place the "Hyperspin 1.3.3 Android PT2" (Media.zip) file within the extracted Hyperspin folder
      Extract the "Hyperspin 1.3.3 Android PT2" (Media.zip) file and it will combine the two parts

Alternativly extract both files and the cut and paste them together

(Optional Addition)
      Extract the Settings_Android.zip and pick out the settings files you require as you build your setup. Place them in your Settings folder or Settings_Android folder depending on your setup Rename specific systems if needed ADD YOUR ROMPATH  

Step 2 - READ the Setup Notes.txt

Step 3 - Organise your roms

Organise your roms so they are located in the suggested folder structure OR place them in a location of your
      own choice.
      MAKE sure you adjust the "SYSTEMNAME".ini files to reflect your own rompath

****Remeber rom names will need to exactly match your Hyperspin databases (.xml) and be in a format that your
      chosen emulator can open****

Step 4 - Move the pack to your Android Device

Once you have the complete Hyperspin folder place this at the root of your storage device connected to your android device
      (USB HDD, Internal storage, SDCard or Network drive)

Step 5 - Download and configure your emulators

Step 6 - Install Hyperspin Application

Download and install the Hyperspin application from the Goggle Playstore