Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

n64 retroarch miracle!!!

epayson85

wow thanks for the very detailed explanation. I'll give it a whirl. Not sure I want to root. Any downside in rooting? Whays wired is this is the only core that is doing this. All the other cores let me go into the menu from hyperspin

Yea you can see me discuss this issue a bit with the developer but I don't think he quite understood what I was talking about. Hyperspin makes all of this a pain to be honest haha.

Another option I thought of that I know works is try the first option. If it doesn't work load the hyperspin config file again, launch an N64 came, go into the core settings, and the very first option is to save a game specific core option. Set your settings how you want them and then select to make the game specific core options file. This SHOULD work in hyperspin. The only thing that sucks is you have to do it for each game lol but if you only play a few games not a big deal better than going through my other steps.

Badhemi

Are you using per core configs?

(I think I have tested this before but can't remember exactly)

If so with the config trick you can try and change your config directory to "application directory" then choose config folder

This should be the data/data root config directory where Hyperspin launched retroarch per cores are saved

Then when you go to load config in retroarch you should get a list of all your per core configs

Load you Glupen core config and check all the hotkey assignment for menu access and all your other settings.

Might save you messing with all the other configs

As an option in settings-configuration?

I thought they just removed per core configs in the 1.3.7 nightly

I'm still using 1.3.6

Per core configs are completely removed from the latest nightlies. They only do overrides now. Again the beauty of being rooted... once you setup overrides you can actually replace override files with your old per core configs. Just rename them to match the override files. It works perfectly and you retain all your settings from version 1.3.6.

If I was ever to have set one of these up from scratch again I would root, install 1.3.6 stable and setup all my pre core configs. Back them up. Upgrade to the latest version. Setup overrides. Then replace over rides with my per core config files.

THE ONLY ISSUE with this is sometimes for some unknown reason is even retroarch it's self lacks permissions in its own folders. So anything you put in them cant be accessed by retroarch. Any files created by retroarch is fine but custom files it loses access to. It's only happened to me once. I had full root but it was a no go. Couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get the permissions changed so basically root was useless. You can see in an old retroarch forum where I discuss this. That's where I ended up coming up with the change config locations within the hyperspin retroarch config file. Worked like a charm.

I honestly just got into this like a month ago hahaha been setting up these shield boxes for wedding presents. I will be shieldless after this week as I give out my last one haha.

On another note though I started messing with the windows version. It works GREAT! Mortal Kombat 4 actually crashes but other than that I haven't found a game that doesn't work well. I will probably replace pj64 soon on my cabinet with this.

Yeah I posted that config trick a few weeks back in the emulators forum. Only think it started working with 1.3.6 and android update as you couldnt access the application folder from retroarch before.

I didn't look in the retroarch.cfg but wondered if you can turn per cores back on in there.

The only thing I really want to root for is PS3 controllers and to access the cores folder for retroarch.

How do you guys upgrade retroarch version by btw. I asked over at libretro but no reply!

Why hyperspin causes retroarch to use a rooted directory for its files is beyond me.  If you use retroarch alone it saves everything in the sdcard directory.

Apparently no one on the retroarch team is familiar with Android and interested in fixing the launcher intent.   

Apparently no one on the retroarch team is familiar with Android and interested in fixing the launcher intent.

Well there is one benefit... when you are giving the device as a gift the likelihood of the person not familiar with retroarch/ hyperspin screwing up the settings are pretty slim. I disable the ability to access retroarch menu when launching from hyperspin and then they would have to access the specific core configs i setup from retroarch which they never would. But they initial setup is a pain in the ass haha

• 5 months later...

Archived