Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Generate an xml of missing roms only?

TomCalman

I'm trying to rename roms from a TOSEC set to match a hyperspin xml, and (for example), 3800 are matched by CRC, leaving 1000 or so still to sort out. All the renaming tools seem to need an xml file as input, but that includes all the ones that I've matched already, so it spends time matching them again, moving them afterwards, etc.

Can any of the matching/renaming tools generate an xml file of just the missing roms, which could then be successively fed back as input (I'd first match all the files that are guessed at 100%, leaving an xml with a couple of hundred to go left on, etc.), as more and more roms are matched with an increasing degree of manual input? or is there some other more sensible way of achieving the same goal.

(and I have looked for an already-renamed set but doesn't seem to exist, at least not for more than about 10% of the full set).

Thanks,

TC

I'm trying to rename roms from a TOSEC set to match a hyperspin xml, and (for example), 3800 are matched by CRC, leaving 1000 or so still to sort out. All the renaming tools seem to need an xml file as input, but that includes all the ones that I've matched already, so it spends time matching them again, moving them afterwards, etc.

Can any of the matching/renaming tools generate an xml file of just the missing roms, which could then be successively fed back as input (I'd first match all the files that are guessed at 100%, leaving an xml with a couple of hundred to go left on, etc.), as more and more roms are matched with an increasing degree of manual input? or is there some other more sensible way of achieving the same goal.

(and I have looked for an already-renamed set but doesn't seem to exist, at least not for more than about 10% of the full set).

Thanks,

TC

HyperTools will help you get everything matched up. If you want a list of what you have missing, RocketLauncher can output missing lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,

TC

I see what your getting at. I sure someone will have an easy way but not sure how much time it will save. How long is it taking to run the scans with your renamed ones included?

Maybe there is a way with the xml generator or split/merge list programms to filter out the roms you have from the xml.

To be honest I hadn't tried it out to see how much longer it would take for each run, probably not all that long, was more just from a principle of neatness :-); and I suppose for a more modern system with much larger individual files it could take a lot longer (although the number of files would be a lot less). But if there isn't some ready way of doing what I'd like then that's what I'll do :-)

Tonesmalone - I had seen that RL will produce lists of missing roms, but so far as I could tell it only produces a text list (is there some way of making it output xml?), and I couldn't find any of the renamers that would work with a text list as input (or a convertor that would make that text list into an xml file), of course if such a thing would be possible that would solve my problem...

Thanks,

TC

To be honest I hadn't tried it out to see how much longer it would take for each run, probably not all that long, was more just from a principle of neatness :-); and I suppose for a more modern system with much larger individual files it could take a lot longer (although the number of files would be a lot less). But if there isn't some ready way of doing what I'd like then that's what I'll do :-)

Tonesmalone - I had seen that RL will produce lists of missing roms, but so far as I could tell it only produces a text list (is there some way of making it output xml?), and I couldn't find any of the renamers that would work with a text list as input (or a convertor that would make that text list into an xml file), of course if such a thing would be possible that would solve my problem...

Thanks,

TC

I'm not sure why you'd need that? Download the missing roms, out them in a folder and point the renamer at that. Don't need to keep renaming those that already match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect someone with scripting skills would be able to sort this but doubt the demand is enough for anyone to look at.

Maybe someone will, I personally agree this would be the cleanest way of managing missing lists.

The official xml's have all the best info so always want to use those. If there was a way to remove the entries I don't have roms for and dump into a missing xml that would be awesome.

yep tonesmalone and agent are correct.

I just used Dons Tools 4.3.26

1. Needs to be installed in your Hyperspin directory

2. HyperHQ has to have your rom file directory and extensions set correctly

You can then run filter list and point it to your xml

1. sort the list by games YES or NO

2. Highlight all the NO games

3. rightclick and add to Output list

4. Leave all the YES games as dont add

Export your list of missing games to an xml.

I will be doing this in future

Perfect! - Don's Filter Hyperlist does the trick. Go into Hyper-HQ, put in the emulator path, rom path, and rom extensions on the 'emulator' tab for the relevant wheel, and select 'roms only' as a wheel filter in the 'Navigation/Themes' tab - I hadn't been able to get 'roms only' to work before, I hadn't realised that the extensions needed to be separated by commas (rather than | as for rocketlauncher).

Then run Don'sFilter Hyperlist, select the relevant wheel and full xml, scan, and then you can filter the list to only those with 'games - no', add all those to the exclude list, export it, and there's the xml list of missing roms.

Thanks for everyone's help,

TC

Perfect! - Don's Filter Hyperlist does the trick. Go into Hyper-HQ, put in the emulator path, rom path, and rom extensions on the 'emulator' tab for the relevant wheel, and select 'roms only' as a wheel filter in the 'Navigation/Themes' tab - I hadn't been able to get 'roms only' to work before, I hadn't realised that the extensions needed to be separated by commas (rather than | as for rocketlauncher).

Then run Don'sFilter Hyperlist, select the relevant wheel and full xml, scan, and then you can filter the list to only those with 'games - no', add all those to the exclude list, export it, and there's the xml list of missing roms.

Thanks for everyone's help,

TC

Lol looks like we were doing the same thing at the same time :)

Archived