Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Giga builds a cocktail table

gigapig

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice idea, thank you. Started wiring up the CP's this evening while watching a movie.  :starwars:

looking good 

2 suggestions

1. add a second set of pinball buttons,  "Magna" buttons,

mach.jpg

you can use them on one of my tables

Shameless self promotion I know

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11724

in the table Pharaoh, when you press the Magna buttons  a magnet is activated and it stops the ball 

you can also map them to the Pinball FX2 Left/Right Nudge buttons.

2.  Get a Smart Strip (I'm sure you can find the Euro outlet version  in Amazon/Ebay UK)

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Strip-LCG4-Autoswitching-Technology/dp/B0006Q3B2W

plug in your PC to the blue outlet.  

when your PC is off --> the white outlets have no power

when your PC is on --> the white outlets have power

You can keep your monitor or any other device that needs power  in the ON position,  but every powered device will automatically shut down when your PC is off.

and I bought mine for less then $25 at Frys electronics, not sure why the one  I posted is $165

looking good 

2 suggestions

1. add a second set of pinball buttons,  "Magna" buttons,

mach.jpg

you can use them on one of my tables

Shameless self promotion I know

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11724

in the table Pharaoh, when you press the Magna buttons  a magnet is activated and it stops the ball 

you can also map them to the Pinball FX2 Left/Right Nudge buttons.

2.  Get a Smart Strip (I'm sure you can find the Euro outlet version  in Amazon/Ebay UK)

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Strip-LCG4-Autoswitching-Technology/dp/B0006Q3B2W

plug in your PC to the blue outlet.  

when your PC is off --> the white outlets have no power

when your PC is on --> the white outlets have power

You can keep your monitor or any other device that needs power  in the ON position,  but every powered device will automatically shut down when your PC is off.

Thank you for tge suggestions 32, and I was completely unaware that you have made pinball tables.:thumbsu:

The smart strip looks good, I was just planning to shut the whole thing down after use.

You have reminded me of something very important... the On button. Totally forgot it, better decide where it's going to go. :)

Hi Giga, whats your wish with the power outlet?

I use a 5v relais switch with adjustable time. So when you turn on the pc. The timer (example) is waiting 15 seconds(so you dont see the bios) and then turns on the power. For the Big and little screen and external fan. When you shut down hyperspin, iT closes the pc, so the relais is not getting 5volt. So the power will cut of all the power. Hope you understand my bad english. ;-)

Its the little red box.

For holding your cp. Because its perspex(plastic) Some iron glue under iT. And a magnet in the box(wood)

Greets Ger

ed2ef814279fb7511043947c5aed7fb2.jpg

That looks great - quite clean and shiny. As for the control panel mounting, you may be able to use some cabinet door latches. They would be simple spring loaded parts. Then you could pry off the panel when needed. I see two downfalls - securing the static male piece to the plastic without exposed fittings (could use wood and glue like you are planning). The other issue is would they allow movement on the control panel - when it should be steady. I'm not sure how it would work? I guess I would test a method before messing with the official cp's. Fyi - Mike

And, Gerurver - that is really cool. At least two grade levels above anything I have done with my cabinet.

Thank you gentlemen for the suggestions. I finished up wiring the control panels last night and wired up the IEC switched plug which just has a 4 way extension block wired to it.

Now looking forward to getting the PC installed. :)

Hai Giga.

I use a square aluminium piece.

On top and under a hole with a stud. Bolt on top(gpu) holding tight. And under a bolt by the wood into the aluminium piece.

Sorry for the bad english;-)

Cheers Ger,

Awesome Groove, thank you. No need to apologise for your English it's better than mine.

I have a noob question concerning Mame.

On my PC I can start say 1942 and add coins and select 1 or 2 players. On this cab I press the coin button and the game starts automatically and will not allow me to add more coins. Mooncresta allows me to add more coins but not other games. I did see the Coin Lock out in the ini but that did not make a difference. So far I have not seen any game have 2 players.

So has anyone noticed this before? Is it an ini setting or a database thing?

And while I'm here, to have to screen flip for player 2 is that a dip switch setting, if so I guess thats a manual operation and needs to be set on every game?

Thank you.

Has anyone got any tips on mounting my cheap ass (sorry bad turn of phrase) track ball?

What I planned to do was remove enough material from the underside for it to slot in and enough Balls to be exposed on the CP side. I worried if I take out enough and leave about 3mm of MDF behind, but will it be strong enough?

The other option is some plexi on the CP, I'll have to test that out.

attachicon.gif2016-09-20 14.41.33.jpg

Is this a USB trackball?

Archived