Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Holding monitor in place?

vaderag

fc4a06d0e20b0e887357583e22b89864.jpg

I used a board that attaches to the frame . Trick is getting it flush for the bezel and have VESA holes with small slots for adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

That's kinda what I was thinking...

So, can I ask how you got the vesa holes? Did you just do slightly wider holes for adjustment?

Also presumably you just keep padding with wood to get the right height?

One final question - how did you handle being able to remove and put it back in - rescrewing into MDF just doesn't really work... Was trying to find a way to bolt it but with the wood there it's not easy!!

My BenQ came with an adjustable stand. So instead of mounting it directly to the cab, I just set it on a flat inside, adjusted height to be just right and left it like normal. No problems and simple to remove if ever needed.

Just remember to mount or place it far enough back so you have space between the screen and your glass. Mine sits about 3 inches back from the tinted outer glass, with the full matte-black bezel surrounding the screen so you can't see the monitor at all. I really recommend the tinted glass, tried both and tinted looks great and just like an actual arcade. The clear glass looked bad by comparison.

I used measurements for the Vesa holes, used scrap wood first to line up perfectly then used it as a template. And yes to get right depth I got lucky with 1 and 1/8th square block. Use shims or padding you need... Use clamps on the block until you get right depth rather then screw and unscrew too many times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. Had to adapt a bit as I'm a bit more limited on space than I hoped, but managed to use a 3/4in piece of MDF on each side with one on the back. Going to line it all up before screwing, and then the back piece bolts into the side using hex in bolt holes. Hoping it'll hold (untested yet!!)

My BenQ came with an adjustable stand. So instead of mounting it directly to the cab, I just set it on a flat inside, adjusted height to be just right and left it like normal. No problems and simple to remove if ever needed.

Just remember to mount or place it far enough back so you have space between the screen and your glass. Mine sits about 3 inches back from the tinted outer glass, with the full matte-black bezel surrounding the screen so you can't see the monitor at all. I really recommend the tinted glass, tried both and tinted looks great and just like an actual arcade. The clear glass looked bad by comparison.

Can I ask about your tinted plexi? What kind of tint did you get?

I've also seen people with two pieces of plexi and artwork sandwiched - did you do this?

Thanks!

Can I ask about your tinted plexi? What kind of tint did you get?

I've also seen people with two pieces of plexi and artwork sandwiched - did you do this?

Thanks!

Do they even make tinted plexi?, I used actual glass. Can't remember the tint level, but you want it dark enough to hide the monitor and bezel behind it when it's off, but light enough that when it's on it doesn't dim brightness or color from the monitor. Medium aviator sunglass tint I guess you'd say.

My marquee is artwork printed on the backside of plexi and then sandwiched between another plexi... I don't think I've seen that on monitor glass before.

• 3 months later...

Archived